the Rift

the lanterns won't go out at night
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Something about this situation nagged in the corner of her mind like the ticking of a clock. The prickling sensation that she knew him, truly knew him was a feeling that wrapped itself around her like a blanket, forcing her muscles to act. At first, the sensation told her to run, to flee what her mind could not understand or grasp, but now, curiosity had taken hold and refused to let go. No heat moved off of his pale, dotted figure to seep into her own fur. Something about him, even though he was perfectly solid and cast a shadow, was ghostly. The strange stallion was not truly here, she knew, but she found herself longing to be close, especially with a comforting smile moved across his lips, bright, blue eyes glancing down at her with an openness that threatened to swallow her whole.

The stallion reassured her that they would not die with a certainty that was powerful enough to raise mountains, should he but speak that truth into being. One, simple word was enough for her to accept, and she nodded, averted her gaze, save her soul crush beneath the weight of his blue eyes. When he moved closer, her breath caught into her chest, but he moved right through her body. The intimacy was hindered and shackled by a disgusting cold, clammy feeling that pervaded her entire body. She recoiled as he did, snorting a puff of white breath that disappeared into darkness when the final star in the sky came crashing down. A shockwave of light without sound made the horizon glow for a brief moment, glazing both of them in a golden light with harsh, deep shadows. But nothing bright or lovely would last here, not when she knew that her only companion was not even real. That fact made her grimace sadly as the star died in the distance, and she dipped her head low, exhaling her loneliness.

Like the reflection on a lighted pool of water, the red glow of the roses painted her underside with a bloody red and his figure was glowing with the crimson hue as well. She regarded his handsome, muscular figure appreciatively. (This was her dream, after all). The deep tenor of his voice broke the silence and her wandering gaze, and she looked in the direction of his voice, still able to see him despite the absence of light. He mentioned that they had been here before, and she felt that this fact was familiar. She did not know why, but this was truth. She accepted it blindly and nodded. "Remind me?" she asked, wanting to relive the moment that she was unable to grasp from her own mind.

The darkness that lay behind them was tempting, and she gazed over her tall withers as he did. The glow of the roses disappeared, and she wondered if they would continue to follow her steps, even into the nothingness beyond. Would he be able to follow? Curiously, she turned with a grace only capable in dreams, and she walked boldly into the depths, glowing roses continuing to weave and grow all around her hooves, making a path. Ophelia had a kind heart. She would not leave the strange and familiar stallion to wander in his abyss alone, so she paused and turned back, a gentle smile on her lips. "We are left with but one path to follow," she murmured softly. "I do not wish for you to travel alone."

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 01:41 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 03:41 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 04:50 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Ophelia - 12-21-2012, 05:44 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-23-2012, 06:21 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-25-2012, 07:19 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-25-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-29-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 01-01-2013, 12:29 PM