the Rift

the lanterns won't go out at night
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The supple muscles along his crest tensed as his neck arched, long, white tendrils of mane shifting in his short fur, and the weight of his thick tail lifted from the ground just a little. Ophelia could not help but be impressed. Her mind managed to conjure very handsome creatures with which to tantalize her lonely mind. And he must have visited her dreams before, because she could not shake his familiarity. When his pink lips turned upward in a humorless smile and uttered a single, aching word, her tulip, pale ears tilted to the side, expression sobering. She did not wish to torture the stallion in her dreams, to force him to relive an unknown past. However, she did want to know, had to know what he believed to have transpired between them. Reality or fantasy, she wanted to know everything.

So, she turned, hearing his words follow with the tilt of an ear. He had been in a battle. What battle? She could not recall any destructive event, but she had trouble remembering anything as of late. The heavier steps of her mind-friend made ovular, blue marks in the earth that glowed with the essence of Frostfall before fading. Blue and crimson mingled in roses and ice on the floor, like her strange eyes. Frost and violence. Ice and fire. Water and blood. What had infected his soul, she wondered? Infections of the body were easily explained, especially when attained from battle wounds. Infections of the mind, however, often festered over years and rarely came to light. Gentle, open curiosity lit her eyes as he spoke, remembering nothing.

She had supported him, in a cave, and she wondered if that was why they were here now. Was she supporting him still? Ophelia hoped that something she could do would ease the suffering of her mind-friend, be him a figment of her imagination or some form of strange reality. The smile that curved his lips them was pleasant to see, and she returned the expression, letting out a breath that she had not realized she had been holding. When he came to an abrupt halt, she followed suit, brows furrowing in confusion at the three paths that now spun before them. Choices always had to be made, but the choice of a path when all that rested in their wake was emptiness was a true challenge.

His words, once more, made her soul ache, and she frowned. "You are not alone," she murmured. "I do not know what is real, but I know that I am speaking with you now. We are not alone." She watched as a gold line of line snaked through his body. Was this where he left her? Would he disappear into the gold and abandon her to these three choices alone? One of his mighty hooves struck the ground, gold sparking from the earth like a spray of fire, and she looked ahead as a glowing light began to shine with a welcoming warmth in the distance. Ophelia felt an urge in her gut to follow the light, having always been attracted to the brighter, pure elements of life.

It seemed, however, that these paths were not meant for her, and she looked up into his strong face with her strange, dual colored eyes. "Lead on, and I will follow," she promised, her voice still soft but firm. Whatever path he chose, she would stand at his side, unwilling to let him face the mystery of this place alone.

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 01:41 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 03:41 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 04:50 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-23-2012, 06:21 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Ophelia - 12-24-2012, 04:43 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-25-2012, 07:19 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-25-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-29-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 01-01-2013, 12:29 PM