the Rift

the lanterns won't go out at night
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

How could she deny the pleading symphony in those icy eyes? Though she knew in her heart that she would descend into the depths of hell to retrieve his soul. The fact that she would go to such lengths for a figment of her imagination could be concerning, but she did not linger on her own madness. He called her beautiful, in a murmur, and could she blush, she would have. Still, she remained silent on that fact, knowing that she was nothing unique, certainly not as beautiful as most. Loneliness had a way of tinting beauty in the favor of the only other creature in the vicinity. Ophelia could not lie, so she offered a subtle, gentle affirmative to his request with a nod of her delicate head. A quiet gesture was easier to break than binding words.

Were she in full possession of her memories, she would be able to admit to him and herself her true fears. She feared being a child, treated like a child because she feared making a fool of herself. She feared not having her sister. She feared commitment. She feared being remembered by others as something less than perfect. Darkness, loneliness, isolation, and death were a comfort in comparison. However, her history was hidden, and what she feared lingered only in the shadows. She knew, but she knew not why. For a creature of curiosity and a lust for knowledge, not knowing why plagued at her mind every second of every day. Even in her dreams. The mare did not know why the thought popped into her mind, but she looked at the stallion, her expression softening. "Even when I wake up, you will not be lost. You will exist in my mind, and I never forget."

The golden pool that appeared at their hooves posed an interesting, mental conundrum to the white mare. Everything from the apocalypse, the roses, the ice, and the cave all fell in to place. But this? Ophelia did not covet riches or fame. She did not desire power or influence. When he muttered that maybe the gold was not supposed to make sense, she lifted her neck slowly, brows furrowed deeply. Everything, always made sense somehow, right? Everything had a purpose, no matter how small. The thought that something entirely out of place existed for no other reason than to just exist was a foreign and not entirely welcome concept.

As she tried to simply accept the fact that the pool was just there to seemingly irritate her mind, she watched as the him lower his muzzle to the surface. Her gut clenched when he pushed his nose into the liquid, and she grit her teeth, fearful of what would happen. Still, she could not deny that she wanted to know what would happen, so she watched with bated breath as drops of gold slid off of his whiskers. Once icy orbs turned to gold. Her own two toned orbs widened with caution, and she lifted her neck almost warily. "Your eyes..." she murmured. "They mirror the pool..." Her words trailed off, unsure of what to do next. The eyes were the window to the soul, so was his heart hardening into the greedy metal as well?

COME TO ME
we run away forever from this misery

tangled-stock | Salsola stock

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 01:41 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 03:41 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 04:50 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-20-2012, 06:00 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-23-2012, 06:21 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-25-2012, 07:19 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-25-2012, 01:40 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Ophelia - 12-27-2012, 04:52 PM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 12-29-2012, 07:06 AM
RE: the lanterns won't go out at night - by Mauja - 01-01-2013, 12:29 PM