the Rift

Sick of Shit. [Leander? Open]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

I am going to be sick. I am about to colic. Jackal, the fucking bastard son of a man-whore and a slut and a thousand other names better not to write down. My wingbeats are quick and loud, unlike my normally relaxed strokes. I am going to be sick. I am failing at my life. How? How did this happen? I want to go home and lie my head down and breathe. I do not want this sick stuff happening to me. Why to me? Why did I lose my title? I deserved it, didn't I? I had been a good leader! I had led them well! Why me? Why not Archibald and Evers? Why, why, why, fucking why? Maybe I should have stayed. Nayati and Romani, I'm sure, will at least miss me. But I can't. I really, really, just can't. The shame's a thick mist inside my body, and it doesn't rise away.

It is Birdsong. The time of renewal, of fresh beginnings. Instead, whore-and-slut son Jackal beat me in a fight and I abandoned my herd. Maybe I am the whore. Or the fucked-up ass. I don't know. I don't fucking know! He pretends not to care that I have lost. Fuck him. Fuck the herd. Not my Nayati. Exclude her from my fucks and my swears and my bloodlust. I am not the warrior I once was. Fuck! What am I doing? I need to set my head on straight and rule again. I need to... I need to... I don't know. Fuck.

So I flew to Leander. I knew he, at least, would welcome me. I had immediately trusted him, something rare in this world of lies and fucked-up whore-sons who were fucking emo who were fucking ruling MY HERD. I was going to fu- I shook my head. Forget those thoughts. It wasn't the time. I tipped a wing, gliding silently across to catch onto a thermal. The hot air buoyed me up, ran warm fingers through my night-black wings. Thank the heavens my wings were no longer white. I was flying high, very high now. The world was a tiny quilt below me, black with a couple of blue and silver ribbons overlayed onto it. As I flew the long flight, perhaps four or five hours with occasional breaks, the sun began to rise.

It first hit me three hours in, golden and cream, edging the world in fine golden thread and splashing it with brilliant whites. The yellow eye glared at me, but I just dropped a hundred feet lower with an up-stroke, before continuing on. By the time I reached the Throat, dawn was truly beginning. Pink skies, singing birds, all the fucking doo-das and twiddle-dees. I land. There is no reason to go into details. I land with an infinite grace.

"Leander!" I shout. I don't feel happy, and I don't feel like fucking around.

""

sometimes i wonder what i'm trying to do in this life.
but mostly i just want to fly.

Image Credit: Chan!

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

In the early morning light, the stallion walked a familiar path over the sand. Sleep would not come easily, even with the Demon's hold lifted from his soul. There were far too many things on his mind, the promise of hard decisions looming. His title was foremost on the Sultan's mind, especially when he did not feel he even held the duties of the highest rank. Not when anything he said or did was undermined by Kri. That hypocrite mare, not wanting to be called Sultana but sitting arrogantly on her throne like a great and stupid hen, passing her temper-driven judgements over the herd. Gold eyes narrowed at the sand, ears twisted backwards in disgust. Why even ask for his help as leader, if all she had no mind to use his damned help? Leaving was only a step away, a few cold words of truth and wingbeats across the border, so close he could taste the freedom. And yet, here he was, still patrolling the Throat with such fervent devotion and loyalty. It was sick, but he could not force himself to abandon the herd, not just yet. If Kri could learn to accept him as an equal, to see that change was something often good and needed, maybe there was a chance. There was the thought to call the herd together and overthrow her, of course, but the golden could not put her to that fate either. The herd was too distant from Kri to see what he had seen. They would keep her in power because they knew no better. And who would listen to his word, against that of their long-time Queen?

Ember was the only distraction he had in the Throat, besides the kind ear of Aitheria. The young eagle had learned to fly, and each day she grew more confident upon her wings. She had taken to flying higher and higher above him as he patrolled the ground, keeping an eye on their surroundings and often catching herself some small vermin. This morning was no different, and her ochre form sailed high on the air. She was the first to spot the StormChaser in the distance, and let out a sharp call down to his sooty ears before gliding back down to the safety of her perch on his back. "Don't worry Ember, it is a friend." He spoke quietly, though his language was still foreign to her. Still, Ember had been with him long enough to understand his body language well enough, and she settled her sleek brown feathers as the pegasus mare landed. Leander fell into a brisk walk to meet the ebon winged Cheiftess. Not so long ago he'd found himself trying to rescue her from the Unicorns of the Basin, and worry crept back over his features. She had looked so wrong there, so ultimately defeated. He did not want to think about what those bastards had put her through, only vow to make them pay for it. Even the love of Faelene would not stop him from killing those who hurt held his friend's captive. Reaching the silver warrior maiden, he reached his muzzle out to brush her cheek. It was an affectionate gesture reserved for friends, and he was not one to hide his relief. "Svetlana. I am so glad to see you are alright." He greeted her with a broad smile and warm tones, bronze pools running over her body in search of injury. "Please forgive me, for I was not able to help you escape from the Basin myself. I plan to make up for my failure in the future." There was an edge to the latter phrase, an ominous promise lingering it it. Those Unicorns would get their atonement day. For you did not torture innocent lives without retribution.

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

My anger does not dissipate even as the golden LionHeart approaches. He is washed in pale, serene pinks and sweet yellows, only making him more handsome and chiselled in this world, but I care not for romantics with him. I had never been one for love. Never. I had enjoyed the presence of stallions with me, but I no longer enjoyed Evers' company. Damn. I need to forget Evers, live with four feet in the present. Not this. Forget it. I tell myself, and like the soldier I once was, my mind obeys. My sharp black eyes do note the hawk circling above, but a hawk presents no threat. No, not hawk- eagle.

Eagles are vicious, proud, elegant predators. I have seen one carry off a young foal before, drop it from high above- and once, I have seen a massive one knock an equine over a cliff, its screech filled with bloodlust as it tipped downward to feed on the horse stinking of death and iron blood. I have seen many things. Seen the pale bone erupting from my wings. Seen as the ex-Edge carved me with their daggers. Seen the red that fills the vision. Seen the fresh soldiers colicking of illness after the battles, wanting to rid themselves of those blood-washed images.

I do not blame those soldiers.

I admire the eagles.

I hate myself.

At least Leander does not hate me. Maybe he will, after hearing of a fallen Chieftess coming to try and take refuge. If he is wise, he will not trust me, even though I mean no harm. If he is wise, he will turn me away, for I am only ill luck. Ill. I feel ill again, thinking of bastard Jackal. The yearling defeating the older mare. How was it possible? If I was a sword, I have clearly rusted.

I am rusted.

I watch in silence as Leander comes closer. I watch the hawk, no, eagle dip down to nestle on his broad golden back. My mouth is sour.

But I do not take my anger out on friends.

Realizing I should, at least, come to meet him, I begin to draw closer to him, my steps quick and short. We stop. His gray muzzle brushes my cheek, an act of affection that eases the weight on top of my heart. I want to thank him, but the words do not come easily from my mouth. I am not a prideful idiot, but sometimes it is hard to speak the mind. How do I begin?

Luckily for my frozen mouth, the Sultan speaks first. Yes, I know he is Sultan, the mare who saved me told me the news of the land. Unfortunately, I came back only to be cast out. Outcasted. Again my mouth fills with that sour taste, before the rage in my chest eases at the sound of his concern. A friend he is to me, and a good friend. "You tried your best, Leander. There is nothing to forgive." My voice is quiet, but honest. He, at least, tried to save me, when no others of my herd did for the whole of Frostfall.

"My friend. Lionheart. I wish I had come only to speak of my escape. But I am angry, and embarassed, to say I come seeking refuge with you." I pause, my black eyes shifting up to his. There is that knot in my stomach again. "I am here for you to command. Not Kri- you, friend." I would not place my life in the hands of another mare. I trusted few now, even fewer than before. I only trust Leander and my dear Nayati- not even Romani any more. As far as I am concerned, the Windtossed Foothills' horses are my enemies. "I was overthrown as Chieftess by Jackal. I hope to join by your side, for you are one worthy of a title of Sultan." They are not false words, and I hope he believes me. I hope he trusts me. Archibald and Evers are not worthy of Chiefs in my eyes, and as for Jackal, he is not even close.

""

sometimes i wonder what i'm trying to do in this life.
but mostly i just want to fly.

Image Credit: Chan!

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

LEANDER

your heart is the beacon, your heart is the storm

The lady spoke, words harder than he might have expected. Even in her apparent turmoil, she had vigor once again. His smile softened on his lips as she continued. She was alright, despite whatever Faelene's group put her through. That was what mattered, for now. He still could not push away the stark knowledge that the Unicorns had taken one who had not even pushed them from their home. Svetlana became Chieftess after the battle. Why had they chosen her to be a captive? Did they really think that taking her from the Foothill's would gain them anything but enemies? Bronze orbs pulled off of Svetlana as they grew icy, casting across the rays of light falling on the sands. Her words were a comfort, but there was no changing the fact that he had failed her in his own eyes.

A grin pulled back on his velvets as she spoke of her loyalty to him, though the confusion across his face was evident. It was the second time a friend had pledged their loyalty to him, and not to Kri. It was becoming an even more pleasant occurrence, the more his resentment for the Sultana grew. His happiness was quickly washed away as the StormChaser continued, making him aware of her loss. Ashen ears turned back in anger, and his gaze lingered hard on her pitch eyes. "I am sorry, Svetlana. You are more suited to rule, in my eyes, than any colt. I am honored that you have such faith in me, and I promise to uphold that faith as best I can." He said, words strong and purposeful. "But I must tell you that things are not well here in the Throat. Kri is not the leader I thought her to be. If things do not change, I may leave the Throat myself and give up the title of Sultan." Pain flashed across his visage as he spoke. "I cannot lead alongside someone who is ruled by their temper. We have lost our Artisan to the Basin, and her anger pushed him away. I will not be a part of tyranny. I care for the Throat, but I cannot be her partner if she cannot keep her emotions in check." Leander's voice rang softly as he explained, the knowledge for his friend's ears only. He would give her his friendship and allegiance as long as she wanted it, no matter what his title would become.