the Rift

Reporting for Duty [Kri/Open]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

K R I the R E S O L U T E
it's not the petty imperfections that define us, but the way we hold our hearts.

My eyes had been closed, silent contemplation easing through my mind over the current swing of events. I had no idea if Leander had truly left the Throat, but I hoped that he had, in fact, tucked tail and ran. However, this left me in an awkward position of leading by myself once more. I stood, leg cocked, wings folded lightly upon my back, with thoughts running around in my mind leaving me rather detached from the world. The wind whipping about my body, as it normally was, the only sign that inside my skull raged a storm that had been brewing for several nights.

The flap of feathers and plant of hooves caught my attention, though, and the air slackens around me as I enter a strange sort of calm. Before I even open my eyes, my muscles strengthen and tense, pulling me into a more suitable position. My neck arches gracefully and upon my calm face I tack upon the appearance of a leader. Back into the role I had assumed long ago, a foreign expression becoming all too known to my features. I was not a regal woman, nor was I built to be a leader. I was an ill-spoken soldier, but at least I had the common sense to know how to play this game. After all, for the better of my herd, I would protect them with ever fiber of my being, even if that meant wearing a mask I hated.

The blue roan who approached me was a stranger, at least to me, but I recognized her face from the many who lived within our crimson halls. However, I did not recall the strange spots and glistening halo that floated above her head. Stranger things have happened both here and in Isilme, though, so I kept my mouth shut about the smaller matters. "Please just call me Kri," I say, my voice weary yet strong. I offer a smile to the girl, one that is cracked at the corners from effort that should be absent of such an expression. The girl, whatever she wanted my attention for, was at least a distraction from my woes at the moment. "What is it you need, sister?"

[ooc; I decided I would go ahead and reply. Sorry if I'm slow. XP I'll try to keep up. ]
Venomxbaby, EveLivesey, humblebeez and ali00p

Messages In This Thread
Reporting for Duty [Kri/Open] - by Aryel - 12-20-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: Reporting for Duty [Kri/Open] - by Kri - 12-21-2012, 04:44 PM
RE: Reporting for Duty [Kri/Open] - by Aryel - 12-21-2012, 05:37 PM
RE: Reporting for Duty [Kri/Open] - by Kri - 12-22-2012, 12:39 AM
RE: Reporting for Duty [Kri/Open] - by Aryel - 12-22-2012, 07:00 PM
RE: Reporting for Duty [Kri/Open] - by Kri - 12-24-2012, 12:15 AM
RE: Reporting for Duty [Kri/Open] - by Aryel - 12-26-2012, 10:51 AM