the Rift

Nothing to Lose [Kri Challenge]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

I skid in the air, missing flesh completely and slipping by this mare in space. I can almost feel my wings brush against her, but that could just be the rain splattering upon my frame once more. As soon as I am clear of her large body, I shoot out my wings, nearly sideways in the air. I had expected her body to stop me, but now I was left with the strength of my own body to do so - my strength and the wind. It pulls painfully against my wings, more sluggishly than usual as the battle wears on, a loud booming noise in my ears as the wind buffets around me. I had called upon my old friend too many times already, and my tricks would not hold me afloat in this fight for long. Shaking my head, my mane splatters against my body before clinging, the water not being so easily dislodged as the heavens relentlessly pour their tears. Even the sky mourned this girl's foolish challenge.

I do not have long to catch my breath, for as I glance upward, I see the white body dropping like a stone. In a desperate attempt to give myself more time, I call upon a stronger, darker magic within my bones. One breath, I close my eyes and focus on the space between Svetlana and myself. The next breath, I begin to squeeze upon the air, which condenses quickly. Her descent would be slowed, her body also likely affected by my strong grip upon the air. I hold the grip upon it, shooting forward from underneath her. Still, my reaction time was not quick enough. Her hooves scrape down upon my rump, a searing pain which radiates. Thankfully, the lubrication of the thick water layer clogging my fur kept the skin from tearing underneath her weight. I grit my teeth, knowing a bruise was inevitable, but I refuse to give this girl the satisfaction of knowing it hurt.

The pressure of the air builds, hopefully making her already troublesome vertical ascent all the more difficult. Releasing my grip after I have altered my flight toward the clouds as well, the magic was becoming too much for me to maintain, drawing away from my strength but not my will. Instead, I follow Svetlana in close pursuit at first, but with the wind at my back I overtake her in speed, launching through the clouds and leaving nothing but a trace hole in the clouds to note where I had come through. The ice shards that cover my wings and fur are launched off in one brushing sweep of my body, the vibrating shooting out the crystals haphazardly. Perhaps a few might prick the white mare as she comes out of the clouds, but that would be a small feat.

My wet body is already freezing in this thin air, and my lungs scream for larger, longer breaths just to keep my oxygen levels steady. I cannot breathe deeply and take in the glistening world of clouds at my feet, for even as the sun melts the ice crystals growing on my sodden coat, a continuous struggle between the energy of the sun and the chill of the air, I surge forward toward the mare resting easily, likely waiting for me to arrive below her. I drive forward, my breaths coming heavily, weariness taking over my body, wings pushing me at faster speeds, calling upon a reluctant wind. I gather as much speed and power as I can, rushing toward the mare's right side, only to tip my right wing down toward the clouds, folding it and turning sharply sideways, my ass in the direction of her face and my head dipping downward toward her legs, but turned away to avoid a possible cowkick to the face. I throw my left wing up harshly, throwing my left shoulder at her right hip and my rump toward her right shoulder.

Lastly, I toss my heavy, soaked and freezing mess of a blonde tail like a bat at the bitch's face. Surprise.
""

[ 3/4; 709 words; 1/2 magic ]

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Messages In This Thread
Nothing to Lose [Kri Challenge] - by Svetlana - 12-21-2012, 05:27 PM
RE: Nothing to Lose [Kri Challenge] - by Kri - 12-21-2012, 06:19 PM
RE: Nothing to Lose [Kri Challenge] - by Svetlana - 12-21-2012, 07:42 PM
RE: Nothing to Lose [Kri Challenge] - by Kri - 12-21-2012, 09:44 PM
RE: Nothing to Lose [Kri Challenge] - by Svetlana - 12-21-2012, 10:35 PM
RE: Nothing to Lose [Kri Challenge] - by Kri - 12-21-2012, 11:34 PM
RE: Nothing to Lose [Kri Challenge] - by Svetlana - 12-22-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: Nothing to Lose [Kri Challenge] - by Kri - 12-22-2012, 09:20 AM
RE: Nothing to Lose [Kri Challenge] - by Svetlana - 12-22-2012, 10:23 AM
RE: Nothing to Lose [Kri Challenge] - by Kri - 12-22-2012, 12:55 PM
RE: Nothing to Lose [Kri Challenge] - by Official - 12-22-2012, 02:49 PM