the Rift

a dance with dragons, rishima

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu
I watch him arrive from my perch on the tree. I spend much of my time as a bird lately. I've grown to enjoy flight - I think I understand why pegasus are so prone to rash decisions and haughty natures. The sky is no kind mistress.

There are many things yet to be attended to on the ground however. This stranger only but one of them. So many have come recently to our land, and our numbers are as still as a snowfall river, that I find myself taking on duties more than my rank asks. How can I ignore the strangers in my land when our protectors are few and the earth massive? They are weary, as am I, as we all are. We wish for the heart of the herd to return. The Dragonheart.

Though we are bust horses, she beats in our chests too.

A rustle of leaves and I've melted into the ground below; a black mess. I meld back into myself, whole and hale as ever. I pick my way carefully through the mist, aiming where I assume I will cut the outlander off in his path. I stand for a moment, eyes lidded casually in this fog, but he does not come. I twitch an ear at the low murmur of voices a ways off.

With a lanky stride I glide towards the duo, moving more like my namesake than a hooved animal. I sidle up beside Rishima. I've been seeing a lot of her lately, though it's of no surprise considering her ties to the herd and the Dragonheart. She is the most familiar face to me in this herd and I take comfort in her presence. I can only hope I offer at least as much in return as I provide my silent support before this newcomer. I am interested in him, and just catching the tail end of his words, even more so.

I know little of the other herds as of yet, my attention being consumed by watching over this land and scoping out the Basin. I am excited by this opportunity to meet another, especially a Chief. It causes me to hold my head rather high, my ears sharp as they tilt towards him, eager for knowledge.
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
a dance with dragons, rishima - by Jackal2 - 12-21-2012, 09:43 PM
RE: a dance with dragons, rishima - by Rishima - 12-22-2012, 05:01 AM
RE: a dance with dragons, rishima - by Ink - 12-23-2012, 11:52 PM
RE: a dance with dragons, rishima - by Rishima - 01-03-2013, 03:02 AM
RE: a dance with dragons, rishima - by Ink - 01-09-2013, 02:00 PM
RE: a dance with dragons, rishima - by Smoke - 01-11-2013, 02:04 AM
RE: a dance with dragons, rishima - by Rishima - 01-23-2013, 02:04 AM