the Rift

World's End

Aurelius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Aurelius never knew much of his ancestors, but from what he had gathered around the herd, his grandfather had been a very able warrior and a strong leader, as was tradition with the males of his lineage. His firstborn was slain by a mountain lion when he was a yearling, and so it had come to be Aury’s father who was next in line, the unlikely candidate who bore very little resemblance to the stallions that were in his blood. As for his queen, there were no such thing as a female leader; a mare was only powerful next to a stallion. Some traditions are difficult to change, and Aurelius had no interest in their ways anymore; he was not under their law in his new life. The fact that Mauja asked questions wasn’t a problem, for it would always be up to the short steed to decide, how much information he wanted to put in the answer. Some things are best eased into, and when no more questions to his background emerged, Aury was well content. Plenty of time to unravel his family history later, as far as he was concerned.

Aurelius was a strange combination. He was no leader himself, but he liked to make decisions for himself, as well as influence others in theirs. When it came down to it, he wasn’t going to ask permission for everything he was doing; he figured if Mauja wanted to join him at the shore, then good. Mauja was a big boy, he could decide for himself when he wanted to go in. Aury wasn’t about to tell him what to do, but he would have waited at the shore either way, passing time in one way or the other. Mismatched eyes watched as the white king came ashore, beginning to talk of the members of the herd that he had yet to meet. "You sure know how to pick them. An interesting bunch, from what I gather, he hummed in his deep voice, eye carrying a spark of a jest within them. "I must meet this Korra character at some point. She sounds like a pleasure. Oh and I’ll make sure to stay away from d’Artagnan – I never particularly enjoyed going to the doctor," he spoke cheerfully.

Aurelius didn’t stifle his yawn, he didn’t mind if Mauja saw his tiredness. After the travel he had been on, he was entitled to exhaustion. "Have you picked a queen for yourself, Mauja? Is there a missus FrostHeart?" He jested, stretching his aching back. He ought to lose a few pounds, all this weight was too damn heavy to drag around.

Messages In This Thread
World's End - by Mauja - 06-28-2012, 11:35 AM
RE: World's End - by Aurelius - 06-28-2012, 04:27 PM
RE: World's End - by Mauja - 07-08-2012, 05:50 AM
RE: World's End - by Aurelius - 07-08-2012, 06:32 PM
RE: World's End - by Mauja - 07-09-2012, 03:32 PM
RE: World's End - by Aurelius - 07-10-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: World's End - by Mauja - 07-11-2012, 09:38 AM
RE: World's End - by Aurelius - 07-14-2012, 12:35 PM
RE: World's End - by Mauja - 07-15-2012, 07:32 AM
RE: World's End - by Aurelius - 07-19-2012, 10:20 AM
RE: World's End - by Mauja - 07-20-2012, 02:05 PM