the Rift

Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Phaedra was not surprised at all when other members of The Grey filtered in, as if drawn by Leander's call regardless of whether they could hear it or not. Rafe was the first to arrive; the only member of The Grey who had really piqued her interest. He seemed to have the capacity to take everything in at once - each minute detail - and store it in its appropriate place. He seemed cold and intense; a challenge she noted subconsciously. The challenge of Rafe, was what was alluring. He would surely be one not to fall for her charms, as least as farm as love was concerned. He was precisely the type of brute to objectify her and use her - to keep her safe. Which, now that Tolio was a memory which needed to be erased, she needed to focus on more.

The mare Lakota was the next to enter, halting by Rafe, by not too close. This was one of the things she enjoyed most about the Grey - that when they did gather together for a business transaction, it remained just that. There was no cooing hello's and bumping noses and I'm so glad to see you's! Phae let her cool green gaze wash vaguely over the two; acknowledging their presence briefly. Her attention turned back to the palomino, who, she had considered briefly before, could look like a brother of hers from a distance. If you were unable to see her bird-catcher spotting, and viewed her wings when they were closed and darker (and when they were not this odd-white colour), their sooty appearance would have been closely matched; she simply looking much more feminine than he.

Miss.. I did not get your name when we last met. Please accept my apology for my actions that day. I was not well then, though that is a poor excuse for such behavior.

Phaedra stood unwavering as he addressed her. This was the Leander that everyone had told her about, that had caused everyone to cast a disbelieving eye on her bloody wings when she spoke his name as her assailant. She would have to thank Tor again for healing her wings, and ridding her of the painful memory of her encounter with Leander, and the fall-out it had caused with Faelene and Tolio...and even Levi. Still, she was glad to have seen that side of Leander; it made her feel closer to him somehow. Like she was privy to some secret that even he would not share with those closest to him. But the demon appeared to be gone now, and maybe that also ended any closeness their encounter could have potentially created.

She told me of your group. After failing to take me captive, of course Leander said with amusement, nodding to Phaedra in relation to Rafe's question. A small smile embraced her lips as a mischievous light flooded her previously vacant green gaze. "But you're here now" She spoke, her voice hinting at the same mischievousness that her eyes revealed. Her mission had been to tell certain key players of The Grey, and the services they could provide. How did Leander know that her plan to be caught, had not been what she intended all along? He was here after all; the outcome was as it should be, regardless of the method.

A distraction, if nothing else. I just put in my resignation, you see. So I have all the time in the world to chat with you and your leaders. And who would I be to turn down such a pretty girl's invitation?

Put in his resignation? Phae thought incredulously. For a moment her mind whirled to Sohalia and Note, the two she had matched to fulfill a quest from the God of the Earth. Phae had brought Sohalia to Note in the Dragon's Throat. Surely she would join, to stay with her new love...and if Leander's resignation had anything to do with the herd...Mentally, she vowed to overcome her dislike of the herd of pegasi, and visit her..friend? If that's what they were, and ensure her safety. Leander had also referenced their 'leaders'. Phae had only seen Ktu briefly, when she brought home Apollo, and of Ophelia, she had heard and seen nothing. But she was confident that they would come; they always seemed to.

And who would I be to turn down such a pretty girl's invitation? Was he trying to bait her into something? Perhaps this was some backwards play to get The Grey and the Throat at odds? If it was, he had picked the wrong bait. Phae was only oh-to flirtatious by nature, and after feeling heart-break for the first time, Leander's words rolled over her like a calming rain. Attention As he winked at her, her lips curled upwards in a demure smile, feigning modesty. Her eyes on the other hand, told a different story; she had been intrigued by Leander's dark side, and now began to wonder if there might be something more under that shiny prince charming appearance. She was a spy after all, perhaps she would force another visit upon him.

Her smile however, was the only response she would give to his flirting; this was business after all, and although it was hard to believe, Phaedra did have the capacity to keep from being flirtatious all of the time. She did however, have to bite her lip to keep from creating a sexual innuendo out of the golden stallion's need for a distraction.

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Leander - 12-21-2012, 10:24 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Phaedra - 12-21-2012, 10:43 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Rafe - 12-21-2012, 11:14 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Lakota - 12-21-2012, 11:31 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Leander - 12-22-2012, 10:03 AM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Phaedra - 12-22-2012, 11:48 AM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Ophelia - 12-22-2012, 04:00 PM