the Rift

Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I was just... so tired of it. This. All of it. Losing fights and whatnot. Did I not, at least, deserve something here in Helovia? It seemed right now I was only losing, failing. Every step I took made something worse, every breath I took meant I was losing time. Time for what? I don't know.

It was so poor of me, to abandon so much and leave too much behind- but what, exactly, was I supposed to do? I was losing the fight of life. There was nothing... nothing left for me. Even Nayati I had left behind at the Foothills, for safety's sake. She couldn't come wandering with me into this harsh world- no, she needed to stay safe and warm in her world, far away from the destruction that occured to one's inner character upon the removal of safety.

I rustle my wings, unhappy with myself. What have I been doing, coming to Helovia? Shouldn't I just... fly away? Restart somewhere new? But I didn't. I remained in this curst land. I continue my prowl through the forest, silent, quiet, the thrum of my amulet around my neck as I move silently and lithely, wondering. Why shouldn't I run and leave? What drew me here? What locked myself to this bitter land filled with love and hate, the majority of it dislike? What was my luck so curst bittar? Damn it. I am falling into Svikruch speak again.

It is difficult to miss the congegration of horses ahead, and so warily I do approach, recognizing the form of Leander. I appear silently beside him, only the faint rustle of bushes breaking my otherwise quiet approach.

"Leander. Don't join this band." I say, for there are better things for him to do. "You deserve to be a leader as we both have been. For now, is it not better to wait and see where life's path takes us?" And I hope he agrees. We should stick together- our causes are the same.

Messages In This Thread
Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Leander - 12-21-2012, 10:24 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Phaedra - 12-21-2012, 10:43 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Rafe - 12-21-2012, 11:14 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Lakota - 12-21-2012, 11:31 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Leander - 12-22-2012, 10:03 AM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Phaedra - 12-22-2012, 11:48 AM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Ophelia - 12-22-2012, 04:00 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Svetlana - 12-22-2012, 04:05 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Lakota - 12-22-2012, 05:11 PM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Leander - 12-24-2012, 10:16 AM
RE: Bridges Burned [The Grey, Open] - by Phaedra - 12-24-2012, 12:57 PM