the Rift

As low as a wolf may be [Open]

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

Lupus

Here wolfy wolfy wolfy...

He had decided to find out for himself of what had been going on. He knew that the Throat had taken one of the members of the Basin. And he,for one,didn't like the idea of it one bit. He didn't know the horse at all. For all he knew she or he could be a total cow. But he didn't care. It was a Basin member,like he. He lay by the borders. Scanning the endless sand dunes in front of him. The heat was burning him though his thick coat. Malting was taking to long. He needed to get rid of his extra coat now. He felt like he was boiling to death in the heat rays of the sun. The sand to burnt his paws from underneath. It was amazing how hot the sand actually was under paw.

He lay there,licking his paws, cleansing them of all the mud and dirt he had picked up from the journey to the Throat. And sand. The pesky little grains got right into his coat. He wanted to roll to hurry some of his malting but if he did that the sand would get caught in the thick locks. A sand covered wolf? Not a good thing. He rested his head on his paws,closing his big wolf eyes and drifted of. Maybe someone will come later and tell me what's going on with all this stealing.

"blah blah blah."

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

When Aryel had first gotten the whiff of wolf, her immediate instinct had been to go the other way. But for some reason, she hadn't instantly galloped off to safety. Maybe it was her new title. Would a true soldier run from danger?

No. They would chase it away, or at least determine how dangerous it really was.

Despite her nervousness, Aryel had gone to inspect the odor, nose crinkling at the musk of wolf. What was one doing so far south? Maybe she should just try and shoo it away. One wolf wouldn't hopefully try to attack her.

Picking out the white coat against the sand and scrub hadn't been easy, but she finally managed to see the intruder, laying down not too far away. She could almost smell equine under it's carnivore reek, but she couldn't be sure, and besides, what would an equine be doing near a wolf? Maybe it just ate one, she thought with a gulp, approaching it. She pawed the ground with her hoof and neighed loudly, flicking her ears back and flaring her wings to complete the threat display. "Shoo! Get out of here!" she shouted, not expecting the wolf to understand.

"blah blah blah."

"WHAT IS THIS GYPSY MAGIC SH*T?!"

Elizabeth Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Elizabeth
the fallen

Its scent was so familiar. Like all of home. Odor absorbed and distant by his own wolf scent. My nares crinkled and I snorted moving closer to the pair. Walking slowly, pace quickening only at the moment the mare threatened him with her disgusting wings. Dappled colorful butt planted behind her. I wildly extended my horn out. Cantering to close the distance. A pegasus would not threaten someone who smelled so familiar and wonderful. He was now my friend and family. A drive inside me that sent me raging with anger, bringing my soul from shell. Perhaps extending my stay. A prisoner is a prisoner and within these walls I would not stoop to stay one if my friend was in danger. My daggers plant firmly in the sand. The granules burning beneath me. I hissed beneath my breath, looming over her with my muscles scars and intensive stare. Long legs planted firmly in the ground. Horn poised in a threatening position.

By the time of my arrival I had expected him to move some from my thundering hooves but either way I hoped he would stand beside me. Crawling between my legs with his snarling teeth but maybe I hoped to much. "Step down mare, or I will drive my fucking horn through your disgusting throat." my threat calm and mechanical. Soldier my ass, we'll see what this bitch is made of. I've tasted the blood of thousands and killed even more. She is no threat. Not with those wings of a bird and frail limbs. I don't find power in her fearful gaze, its a fucking wolf. What could she be afraid of, or maybe it was my on coming power that wiped the grin from her face and kept those features so tormented. I could almost feel my teeth plucking the feathers from her wings. I stepped sideways. Hoping to firmly grip Lupus with my protective posture. He is not blood kin but he is kin. He smells like Psyche. That distinct homely smell.

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

Lupus

The sharp stench of a Pegasus woke him from his sleep. Lifting himself up into a stand he stood facing the mare. The blue coat of the mare was,nice, but her butt just ruined it. She might have looked beautiful if it wasn't for the clown spots she owned. She was a joke. Not a Pegasus. Her wings puffed out,making her look bigger and more powerful. It might have worked as well if it wasn't for her choice of words. Shoo! He couldn't help laughing. Shoo. Did she think he was some sort pigeon? No. That was one of the meats he had previously tasted. Not what he was. Step down mare, or I will drive my fucking horn through your disgusting throat. He looked to the side of the Pegasus to find a Unicorn. A unicorn who obviously didn't enjoy being here. Was this the one who was stolen from the Basin? It was his guess. He eyed up the silver Unicorn that stood before him. Her breeding was obvious,packed with muscle and beauty. The Pegasus was nothing compared to her. And what's more,the smell of the Basin was faint on her. Yes,this is the one.

He growled slightly under his breath,taking himself over to the Unicorns side and sitting to face the Pegasus. "Your word choices are weak Pegasus. Do you really think I am going to shoo?Your perfetic." His tone was cold. He had no feeling to this herd. At all. He now softened his tone,talking to the Unicorn. "I am guessing you are the one stolen?" He shook his magnificent head before peering up at the Unicorn. He then turned back to the Pegasus,growling again,walking as he spoke. "Do you think I am going to stand by and watch you walk all over us?" He snapped at her back heels as a warning,not aiming to bite her, merely warn her. Whilst walking round the back of her he made sure to keep well away from her. He didn't want to be kicked at all. "I don't know what others at the Basin think of you stealing members of the herd. But I know what I think." He turned back to look at her,standing at the Unicorns side. "And im not going to stand for it." He cold,hard stare rested on her,still growling,holding back from drawing his claws out. If the Pegasus saw them,she would surely call for back up from her perfetic herd members.

"blah blah blah."

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

Hearing a threatening voice, Aryel turned to see a charcoal unicorn with a funky screw-shaped horn lowered and pointed at her. She scoffed. The would be her second fight with a unicorn, she already knew how they fought. This mare could do nothing to surprise her. "I'm sorry, my dirt-mouthed friend" she said, sarcasm dripping from her voice. "And you are...?" Most Throat members knew who was currently being held captive by the herd, and while the name Elizabeth might have rung a bell, Aryel didn't have a pelt to tie to the name. This mare had better be a prisoner or more lost than a snowflake in the Veins, otherwise she was in trouble.

The wolf speaking, however, caught her by surprise. Still, the fact that a wolf could speak in tongues may have shocked her more if they didn't live in a world where magic ran in the very water they drank and the air they breathed. She would ponder it later. "I think you are going to shoo, you putrid-smelling mongrel, if you don't want to be trampled." she said, smirking. One wolf might do some damage, but they were only dangerous to something her size in a pack. As the wolf spoke to the unicorn, Aryel was able to confirm that she was indeed a prisoner of the Throat. When the wolf snapped at her heels, Aryel kicked out a hind hoof by instinct, not hitting the wold but certainly coming within inches of his sensitive nose.

She turned to face both of them, posture lose and unconcerned. One wolf and one unicorn. Hell, she could cave in the wolf's skull with a hoof in less than a minute. Brave as always, Aryel, but foolish as always too. "Had you bothered to learn a little bit more about equine society before learning our tongue," she said, sounding bored, "Then you would have known that most herds have a special division for stealing enemies, of which I am not part of." When the wolf told her he wasn't going to stand for it, she grinned and lowered her head, pawing the ground once. "Oh yeah, fluffball? What are you going to do about it?" If this escalated into a fight, she would call for backup, but until then she would have a little fun.

(tay, I don't know if you're planning to have Elizabeth escape, but I don't know if you'll be able to considering this isn't labeled an Escape thread or started by you.)

"blah blah blah."

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

The hiss of wings in the air, it is the only thing that might warn those below of my arrival before my hooves crack upon the crimson sand below. My front legs jar, and I move forward with a heavy gait, my right hind clearly favored as I limp slightly. My body was holding up well, and I cannot say that I am too ashamed to show the mark of a fresh battle under my wing. Instead of hiding the fact that I had been challenged and obviously crowned victorious, why not show it off? That might give this bitch in grey something to think about before she decided to overstep her boundaries again.

Or, then again, maybe not. Some are just slow learners.

I canter forward, my gait rolling as I clench my teeth against the uncomfortable pain in my rear. I had come to the scene just in time to hear a prisoner threaten my soldier. With ears flattened hard against my skull, I break into the strange gathering. "You forget your place, Elizabeth," I say flatly, giving her a venomous look. "You do not have the luxury of threatening soldiers of this land while I still have the strength to kick your ass into submission." Oh, yes, my pride had been beaten down lately, but after a short stint of thought, I realized that I should not have allowed those I deemed unfit to rule to dampen my self-image. I had always been slightly arrogant, even as a brash filly starting scuffles with larger colts. Now was not the time to question my own power, not when I still had loose ends. Loose ends like Elizabeth.

My dark, cold eyes glance next to the furry creature riding low to the ground, nipping at the heels of a warrior who was larger than him. "The one who stole that imbecile is me, idiot," I say callously. "I would not have to take members of that unicorn band prisoner if they had not threatened my own family and allies with their ambushes and steals." I snap my teeth, looking down at the wolf, hungry for some delicate flesh. "Maybe you should tell those of the Basin that hypocrisy is unbecoming."
""

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

To the wolfs suggestion I nod. He'd guessed it right, still the word prisoner made me cringe with hatred. Fueling a flame within me I had forgotten during my stay. I was sick of this dirt and sick of that dumbass Kri. I snap to the clown butted pegasus, returning her own pathetic smile with my reckless kind. The one that would be followed with hard eyes and bitter tones, "My name does not belong in your mouth cunt." I hiss, low and vile. I was ashamed I had even stayed inside a shell for so long while being a prisoner. Havoc was needed within my wake and I would not stray from what belonged with me. I do not fear her, "Pardon me, perhaps that name does not suite you, I mean what stallion would put his dick in you?" I laugh sadistically. Feeling the disgust rising in my throat.

Her threat to stomp a companion of mine furthered my anger and I would bring this feather brain down. "Touching him would be the worst thing you'd ever do." I know longer had a hint of anything on my tone. There was nothing but a cold promise. It was not threatening but rather sly, something that would stick in your ears and make you second guess yourself because of the chilly stare you are getting. Kri arrived, putting me as a foolish prisoner once more. I snapped my head and stepped forward. Placing my horn directly toward her fucking face. "Darlin, your disgusting head full of air will never 'kick my ass' to submission." a flat tone daring her just to move forth. Let her and this warrior attack me.

Go ahead, see if I care. Nothing can amount to the terrible horror it would take to make me fear. Such attributes had been brutally beaten from me since day one. I had no such feeling. "I will do as I fucking please, with or without your damn permission." my face was burning. Hot with temper. I felt the need to drive forth to her. Take my horn and twist it through her fucking throat. Slicing all the way to her pectoral muscle. Perhaps taking a few large onyx hooves to her sides as the bones snap and crunch beneath my power. A leader was a leader but just because they held that title did not entitle me to follow their rule. Psyche was mine and I chose her way, Kri is nothing. A worthless being used only for slavery and death. Let her use this magic. Let them attack me. I will not back down till my very last breath.

[ooc- I don't believe this is some sort of escape thread? I didn't plan on having another one since I believe you have to wait a certain amount of time since your last try.]

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

Lupus

Shoo? Him? Her words were weak,they from from one a nag would use who was trying to flick fly's away. He couldn't help but laugh. She was no warrior just a frail idiot. mongrel. Bitch. That was something you called a dog who couldn't take care of him self. Who is on the edge of death. Who couldn't fend for himself. Something he was not. He glared at her,wanting to eat her up on the spot. To tear her limb from limb. Ha. How he would like that. A fluffball to. Didn't her vocab extended any further? Or to her age at least? It was either the old nags words,or the foolish foals.

A gush of wind now greeted Lupus with the arrival of another. One who spoke with pride in who she was. He guessed she was the leader of the Throat. Bitch. If he had a pack with him now she would be dead. Torn apart. Blood spilling out of her as he laughed at her. But he was sure her fate was to come one day. The fate he wished it to be. Skillfully he dodged her snapping jaws. One good thing about being a wolf was that he was quick and small. He nip was a great fail if she had intended to harm him.

Lupus laughed to himself. Elizabeth certainly had a temper about her and he didn't blame her. But what did puzzle his was why she had not already escaped? She seemed to be saying enough but not doing anything except prancing around letting the Throat herd walk all over her.Touching him would be the worst thing you'd ever do. He turned to her,nodding slightly in thanks. She was a true warrior,even if he wasn't her desire,not this clown faced Pegasus.

This time as her growled half of his lip curled up,reviling razors firmly in placed in his bloody gum. "Watch your tongue Pegasus,your dear friends wouldn't want you to get hurt now would they?" He laughed,a mocking tone dripping from his jaw. Turning to the simple colored Pegasus a smile crept onto his face. "Your gonna have to be quicker then that mare." He crept round the front of Elizabeth, positioning himself out the way of any kicks. Except Elizabeth's. But he was sure she wouldn't harm him. He wasn't being a coward,merely wise to keep out the way of lashing hoofs. "I will tell the Basin what I wish of you and your scrummy herd." He was almost spitting with disgust. "All I can say is I hope your blood will be spilled soon enough as a outcome of this. Ha. Maybe I can come after to finish you of. Literally bathing in the pool of blood,drinking it whilst chewing on your bare flesh." He was almost dibbling with the thought of it. His voice was warning,daring. More so then before. He could almost vision her lying dead on the floor,both of the bitches. Still focused on the two Pegasus's he spoke to Elizabeth in a low voice,so that the others around would only hear mumbling. "It will not be long before your out of this shit hole." Shit hole. The perfect describing words.

OOC:No it isn't Lupus (being the curious wolf he is) wanted to find out for himself what is really going on before attempting to help her escape.

"blah blah blah."

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

(Ah, sorry Elizabeth >_< I guess I was sorta worried about Aryel getting rushed by both of them.)

Aryel looked up as a large shadow moved across the ground, heralding the arrival of her Sultana. Her limp was noticed, but disregarded. Aryel had heard about her hard-fought battle against Svetlana, and Kri had no reason to try and conceal the injuries she had received. She bowed her head slightly as Kri approached, speaking sharply to the charcoal mare. So this was Elizabeth. She looked back at the wolf smugly as Kri spoke to it as well, claiming responsibility for Elizabeth's capture. While Aryel wasn't completely in agreement with the herd officials about taking others prisoner, she trusted their judgement and was willing to assume they had a good reason to do so.

Aryel turned back to the unicorn as she berated her, faint amusement evident in the pegasus's expression. "Really, Elizabeth." she said. "Such language. What are you, a foal?" When she warned her not to touch the wolf, she laughed. "Sorry, but I don't think you're in any position to make demands like that right now." With another pegasus on her side, Aryel was feeling cocky again. One trash-mouthed unicorn and one scrawny wolf against two healthy pegasi. What did they have to fear?

When the wolf growled at her, she nearly laughed. "You're not much of a threat either." she said. "I mean, look at you. You're the scruffiest wolf I've ever seen. Oh, the talking thing is a nice trick, I'll give you that, but you're not really all that frightening." She snorted. "But go ahead. Run back to your friends and tell them how eeeeevil we are. We'll be ready." She had heard of the Basin herd, but knew nothing of their inner circle, the Plague, and how dangerous they really were. She stepped back, glancing at Kri. "As for your friend, I don't think she'll be leaving unless the Sultana allows it, or she manages to escape by her own cleverness." Blue-black eyes swung back to Elizabeth, her smile becoming slightly cruel. "That is, if she was clever at all."

"blah blah blah."

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the Resolute</style>
    My friends, I am only flesh and bone, but I won't let you die alone.</style>

I would laugh in her face, except that I have no room for amusement at the moment. Instead, at her piteous statements, I turn my face coldly to look at her ashen frame. My voice is quite level, holding no anger, just a matter-of-fact statement that held a message she was better to take to heart. "Since you haven't the backbone to test that statement, Elizabeth, I would wager a guess that I can." I smile, the tips of my lips upturning only ever so slightly. Let me irritate her further; let me make an enemy of this bitch. Either way, she could not kill me even if she tried. "When you finally turn from your cowardice, feel free to challenge my thinking. Until then, I will think of you as nothing but a spineless cur." I doubt my words will cut her thick skin, but perhaps her being called a coward would stir some passion in that dead heart of hers.

It would do her well.

The mutt, however, was an entirely different story. While I can handle the personality of Elizabeth, as she was brash and ugly with her words, I did not take well to a dog speaking down to me in my home. With a crackle of hate in my blood, I glare down at the wolf leaping out of my way. I did not need to touch him to kill him where he stood, perhaps this is what he did not understand. I let him laugh, kept my eyes like hard agates, letting the wind whipping around my mane intensify to show the emotion. Wolves had hackles; I had the power of the sky to reveal my silent hatred. "The only corpse that will be lying on this crimson floor will be yours, you pathetic mongrel, if you threaten me." The air in the small gathering begins to tighten, condensing around the smaller figure of the fucking dog, which would likely press against his body like an invisible boulder.

I would not tolerate having my word pissed on by an idiot. "I would leave and never return to my home, unless you wish to be gutted, dog." That is if he could move his body under the weight of the crushing air around him.
""

Unregistered

Elizabeth
the fallen

My full focus was on Kri, I have now repeatedly told myself she isn't worth it but I could careless anymore. Upon being called a foal I flicked my face to the clown and spit on the dirt she walks on, "Perhaps I should give you a reason to think such." hmm, spitting seemed just fine. A bratty foal could do just the thing. I've made my point and clear my head to focus correctly on Kri again. I can not explain to you the amount of disgust I have for such a thing, it has proven to be a terrible sight. Churning something deep in my gut, whether that is my stomach sickening or my hate fueling, I am not impressed with her 'bravery'.

Kri though believes I've got no backbone, I believe I have many bones, all lining in my back. Properly too, maybe despite the damage they've received throughout so many battles they are a bit from perfect, but we won't discuss. "Be my guest." I foolishly spit. Venom lingering on my tongue. Violently shaking the inside of my cranium. The pounding of blood invading my thoughts. I could feel the adrenaline begin to course through my veins. Blood, fighting, the sweat... all too familiar yet all too distant. I can not wait for her to come forth again. Cowardly forcing her magic upon me but instead she throws it to the wolf. Perhaps I can spar him some free time to return home.

My legs bust forward and through the awkward wind course I dodge his form. Head curled in a threatening fashion. I do not slow or stop but instead I wait for her to move. I anticipate her every step because I know she will do such. She will step aside and let me plow through, instead of bravely guiding her form into battle with mine. My horn does not uncurl but I do arch my neck a little firmer. Tensing my muscles in preparation. My hooves do not miss a beat, my charge is not a run but a leisure canter. I ignore the roan clown for now but I know she will step in. If she had enough courage in her leader though, she would stand back and let her fend for herself. I mean after all, Kri does refer to herself as a warrior.

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

Lupus

Kri he could handle for now. It was Aryel that pissed him of. Her cockiness would get her into deep trouble one day and she would be helpless. The way she spoke about language uses. How did she think Elizabeth was going to speak? She isn't exactly going to be playing the friendly guy considering she had been taken prisoner. She was obviously to stupid to understand and he wasn't going to explain it to her. That was for her own leader to do. As for a scruffy wolf? By wolf standers he was one of the better looking ones. He didn't bother saying anything about it though. He knew wolfs, she didn't. At least she could speak a bit of sense-except she manged to ruin it again by claiming the misty like Unicorn as not cleaver. Although Lupus didn't know Elizabeth well,he was pretty sure she had more brains them feather head Aryel.

The air suddenly started to compress against him as he glared at Kri. He guess it was her magic and not Aryel's. Bet she doesn't know how to use it either. Ha. He panicked slightly as the air seemed to be pressing on to him hard. Elizabeth fought her corner against Aryel then seemed to notice how tight the air was getting around Lupus and the constant pressing of it on his back and shoulders. She charged into a furious gallop in the direction of Kri. He stumbled to the side,hoping to get out wrath of Kri's magic. He could only watch as Elizabeth charged at the bitch. His eyes flicked over to Aryel for a quick second before turning back to Kri and Elizabeth. He was sure Aryel would try and help kri. Try. She was to much of idiot to do any damage.

He unleashed his claws. He didn't want to use them in a proper fight. Maybe just a quick lesson on what wolfs could do. Forcing his way though what seemed like a hurricane he stumbled over in front of Aryel,bearing his teeth though he was finding it hard to breath. "Don't try anything Aryel. This does not involve you." He could barely breath. The air around was pressing down on his neck,squeezing his wind pipe. Hopefully Elizabeth would deal Kri a good blow,and the foolish Aryel wouldn't try and help. For her sake. No that Lupus cared much.

"blah blah blah."

Abdullah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
[Pheonix- If you read correctly, Elizabeth does not run away, she charges Kri to distract the magic usage to her for Lupus to escape. Just thought I would correct you as it seems you didn't quite word yours to fit along with it?]

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix
OOC:Oh sorry:P I read that totally wrong XD I will edit it now:P

EDIT:Done:)) Sorry for that lol:p

Dragon's Throat Soldier
FennecFyre

Aryel (December)
"Wait...what the--"

When Elizabeth charged Kri, Aryel acted out of instinct, galloping forward to meet her rush only to be stopped by the snarling ball of fur. But something was different. She could tell by the way he moved, how he breathed, that Kri's pressure magic still held strong.

She snorted contemptuously, a confident smile on her face. "You're right. Kri can hold her own in this fight. You, on the other hoof," she said, sticking her face inches from his. "are about to get in a whole mess of trouble. You ever been bitten by a horse, wolf? Oh, we might not have sharp teeth like you, but ours were built to crush. Same as our hooves." She pawed a hoof in the sand, advancing on Lupus, intending to push him away from the two dueling mares.

Suddenly, she reared up with a shrill cry, flailing her hooves out and slamming them back towards the ground, aimed at Lupus. [b]"Get outta here!"
she shouted, rearing up again in an effort to get him on the run. One wolf was no threat, not even to a horse as small as she. If she had been sick or injured, maybe, but her wounds from her Threshold fight had healed sufficiently and she was ready for action again.

She glanced over at Kri and Elizabeth again, watching them nervously. She knew Kri could fend for herself, but that didn't stop her from itching to join the fight and teach Elizabeth a lesson.

"blah blah blah."