the Rift

Sounds an Echo in my Soul [Archi?/open]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

PALADIN
The sound of iron shocks is stuck in my head

Lithe and muscular legs carried him back once more to the Foothills, like the Tides, years ago, he found that his heart moved him back beneath the shadow of the mountain. What about his soul attached itself to the land? Was it his gender that drove him to make a permanent home? Was it is personality? Paladin did not know, but he did know that he needed to become a part of something once more. Existing on his own and existing as a lead did not work out in his favor, and he hoped that the bonds he had forged in blood and battle did not grow thin in his absence.

The black dun stallion had always felt displaced, out of sorts since Isilme had burned in the rage of shadows. And it seemed that the more he tried to make his life work, the more it fell apart. Perhaps what he needed was to just follow his soul wherever it lead his hooves, to be a good father and a good mate. To be a loyal and excellent subject and aide to a group, something bigger than himself and his own goals. The smells of the Foothills in Birdsong was familiar. A sweetness hung on the grass, and the sound of the brook was soothing.

Practiced hooves slid easily over stone and rock, and he finally paused, inhaling the calmness of the air here. Paladin did not want to push his boundaries though, so he respectfully remained on the fringes, leaning beneath a tree had had once leaned against when he had challenged for leadership. What a disaster that had been. Paladin frowned a little, still able to feel the way his scarred, facial skin stretched when he switched his muzzle or blinked his eyes.

"Archibald?" he called in the distance. "Or Evers? Whomever leads this place!" The great stallion's deep tenor rang out through the mountains, but instead of its normal boldness, it held a certain, aged softness.

[OOC: Paladin wants to rejoin, if that's okay. Or at least discuss :) ]

Messages In This Thread
Sounds an Echo in my Soul [Archi?/open] - by Paladin - 12-22-2012, 06:36 PM
RE: Sounds an Echo in my Soul [Archi?/open] - by Abdullah - 12-23-2012, 01:10 AM
RE: Sounds an Echo in my Soul [Archi?/open] - by Abdullah - 12-30-2012, 03:16 PM