the Rift

Spar II [Kri]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute
one cannot stop the wind from blowing, nor refuse the falling rain.

A familiar baritone on the winds changes my course. I recognized that frenzied tone, seeking for a scuffle to test the strength of one's body. With a smile tugging on my hardened lips, I set forth toward the meadow, falling on a natural thermal to save my strength for the artful manipulation I would likely impose upon the wind during this exercise with my long standing General. Azzuen, brother to a stallion I would dare to call my own without any bloodties, was a warrior to be respected. Because he had always followed my lead valiantly, never questioning me as others might, we had never actually been given the opportunity to spar with each other.

The thought of a new opponent, one strong and worthy of my time, set my heart to race faster, and by the time my dark eyes catch sight of the massive black wings, I am nearly giddy with excitement just as he. My wings curve, bringing be down toward the earth where Azzuen stood waiting for any opponent, blessed by the art of flight or locked to the ground. I let loose a call from my own lips, spilling across the meadow to announce my presence before setting myself on a course he could defend against. My wings fold, closer to my side, and I straighten my body to shoot like an arrow downward, bending my legs so that my knees, not the sharp edges my hooves could be, are aimed toward the large barrel of my comrade. There was no need to spill the blood of my general; a few healthy bruises would do well enough. When I am close, I begin to call out to him.

"Need a partner?" I ask with a grin, before our bodies may or may not collide with a smack of flesh before I swoop on, inviting him to come dance in the sky with me and spread his wings. The beauty of fighting in the air was to be free in movement. The ground restrained so many options, but the in the air, every inch was turf for you to hoof, your stage fluid and free with your body. In the air, you could really test just how agile you were.
""

[ 1/3; WC: 388; Magic 0/2 ]

[ OOC; Not much to comment on here.
I assumed Azzuen was on the ground, as I don't think it was really clearly stated... but knowing this was made for an open fight first and not just an aerial fight made me think he was. So Kri swoops down, bending her knees to ram his barrel. She would pass over him and set back for the sky because aerial fights are funnn.
I usually have Kri fight with "restraint" when she is doing training spars or the like, as she doesn't really see sense in injuring her allies. xP That is why her legs are curved instead of extended.

The ram is a pretty basic opening move, and one that comes with minimal risk of injury if Azzuen defends with force. ]

Messages In This Thread
Spar II [Kri] - by Ázzuen - 12-22-2012, 08:45 PM
RE: Spar II [Kri] - by Kri - 12-24-2012, 02:37 PM
RE: Spar II [Kri] - by Ázzuen - 12-26-2012, 10:28 PM
RE: Spar II [Kri] - by Kri - 12-30-2012, 10:49 PM
RE: Spar II [Kri] - by Official - 01-20-2013, 11:18 PM