the Rift

A Question [Romani, Open]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

My wings were closed to my flanks as I wondered; wonder over if I was really as wise as I thought; wondered if I was in over my head; wondering if Helovia was worth the trouble; wondered if it was right of me to go back for horses when none had come apart from brothers and a jackal; where my Nayati was. It bothered me, I not seeing her. It bothered me, being driven off.

Everything was a fucked-up mess.

Nothing was as it should be.

Fuck the world and fuck Jackal and Evers and Archibald and fuck Kri.

How, exactly, was I going to go around collecting horses and getting a new homeland when I had just... removed... ostracized... myself from two of them? I couldn't exactly go to the Basin for help. It bothered me, like a needle in my wings. Hadn't I been destined for something bigger than this miserable life? Something glorious? But it seems I wasn't.

I kicked at a root as I passed through the dark forest, deep inside my glory-lacking life. Even thought it was high day, the forest remained dark with an emanant chill coming off the twisted trees and the crisp forest floor. The shadows were deep and massive, an abyss to some dark underworld- only the faintest shafts of color-lacking light slipped through the black trees.

My thoughts wandered back to Kri; and Azzunen; to Jackal; and the brothers. My stomach dropped. Kri and Jackal had kicked me out like a crying dog. But wasn't I doing the right thing? Kri was, according to Leander, basically a fluffed-up asshole. Jackal. Well, as far as I was concerned, he was a young upstart who didn't know about the pressures of leading. It bothered me, bothered me so much.

I sighed quietly, fluffing up my wings. Had Romani watched me being chased off? And what the hell was I doing, going around pissing off all the herds? Maybe if I found a common enemy to take on with them, a certain threat; the Basin, perhaps? It might work. Go to each herd. Find some common ground. Ask to help lead the charge.

Yes, but Kri was Kri the Resolute. Surely she wouldn't change her mind. And she had the most warriors, I think, the largest herd of us all. Great.

""

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

[Image: white-feather2.jpg]

Image Credit

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

R O M A N I
I Want You to Come in Closer

Sad, azure eyes roamed over the trees, hoof beats dulled and muted as she picked her way through the dark forest. The confrontation at the Foothills still drowned her mind in memories, the bitterness displayed between Jackal, the new third lead of the Triumvirate and the King of Thieves, and Svetlana the StormChaser… To the Haflinger mare, however, Jackal was no King of Thieves. He was a thief of Queens, of her Queen, Svetlana. Though the two hadn’t interacted much in her early weeks with the Foothills, due to ‘Lana being taken by the Plague, Romani had sworn her loyalty to the Pegasus mare the moment that she had agreed to be taken home from the Foothills. Svetlana was a friend, an ally, and one that Romani found she wouldn’t readily abandon. Jackal would get no loyalty from her, not until he proved his worth and his ability to lead a herd.

The Deep Forest was dark at this time of day, the shadows moving and dancing, performing to the soft song of the breeze that filtered through the trees. Where Romani would have once been unnerved by such unending darkness, the warrior had found that over her time in Helovia had given her an appreciation of the darkness. Not all things dark were bad, just as not all light was good. A pretty face can easily hide ill intentions, after all…

Giving her head a violent shake to rid the thoughts from her mind, Romani focused on the land around her. The ground was somewhat dangerous to navigate for one not paying attention. Someone could easily break a leg by tripping over a fallen log, and the palomino did not want to join the masses that probably have. Being left out here to die was not how she wanted to go. It was the sudden, sharp echoing of a snap! that caused Romani’s head to snap up, nostrils flaring to intake the earthy smells of the forest. On the breeze, very faint, the mare caught a familiar scent, one that her brain immediately registered as a friend. It was Svetlana’s smell, familiar and reassuring, and ever so carefully the compact mare picked up her pace to a slow trot, ears forward and listening.

“Svetlana?” Romani called out, not raising her voice too loud in fear of attracting unwanted visitors. Coming through a dense thicket of trees, it was only then that azure eyes caught sight of a pale, familiar body graced with elegant wings the colors of dancing shadows. A relieved, albeit nervous smile graced her lips, as she was uncertain if her presence would even be welcomed by the Pegasus. “Svetlana, I’m relieved to see you alright…”

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It was Romani that comes. I scent her familiarity on the breeze, the scent of Foothills. For a moment, I am torn between the urge to run- run to her, or run from her. Which should I do? Do I want to speak to a member of the Foothills, even if she was my friend? She was not... a friend to me. She did not come with me. But I can understand that. So why am I so hesitant to go and see my friend now?

She must not like Jackal ruling.

It seemed my mind was made up by Romani, though, as my name was called and I was sought for. I couldn't fly away- the forest here was too close together and the tree trunks and branches too thick to snap. They would crush my wings without thinking, and would run red with my blood. My stomach tightened at the gory picture. Maybe it had something to do with my imprisonment in the Frostbreath Steppe, with the ex-Edge. I had certainly become more and more different since then. More aggressive? More proud? Eh, pride... vanity... was it me, or was it covering something else up? My ears twist around to catch the sound of her voice as the compact Halflinger comes forward out of the blackness, her coat dark in the shadows deep.

"Romani. How are you?" I say, relieved to hear my voice steady and smooth. We, no, I, am without rank now, so technically I am under her if anything. I wonder if I should just ask her if she saw me being driven off. Or wasn't there. Or just didn't come. Or didn't hear me. No, I think, but my tongue makes the words anyways and so I ask. "Did you... know of me coming back to the Foothills to try and find my friends?"

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

[Image: white-feather2.jpg]

Image Credit

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

R O M A N I
I Want You to Come in Closer

Svetlana’s words were reassuring to the Haflinger’s ears, and the smile that morphed her lips was more relaxed, filled with less tension now that she wasn’t the only one wandering the dark forest. Standing there in the dancing shadows, the StormChaser looked so out of her element that for a moment it broke the palomino’s heart. What had Svetlana ever done to deserve the fate that had been given her? While not familiar with the past that the Pegasus had lived, in Romani’s eyes, nothing could warrant what had happened. At the mare’s question, the warrior took a few steps closer to Svetlana’s ivory form.

“I’m alright, Svetlana, thank you,” Romani said with respect, the very same tone of respect she had used with the Pegasus when she had been a lead in the Foothills. To her, Svetlana still was more of a leader than Jackal was. It was ‘Lana’s next question that caused the Haflinger to pause, and she thought on that for a few moments before releasing a frustrated breath. It was clear that what she was about to say was somewhat hard for the compact mare. “My Lady,” She began, completely ignoring the fact that she once more used the formal title she had called Svetlana, “I realized what was going on only too late. By the time I had arrived, you were leaving, and honestly, I didn’t want to speak to Jackal or the twin brothers about what I had witnessed. I was hoping that I’d find you, and talk to you personally, not your usurper, and now that I have…. I wanted to ask; what are you going to do now?”

[OOC: Even though I didn’t post Romani in that thread, which I really WAS going to do, I made it like she had shown up too late (like when Svetlana was flying away), if that’s alright… XD]