the Rift

A Question [Romani, Open]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It was Romani that comes. I scent her familiarity on the breeze, the scent of Foothills. For a moment, I am torn between the urge to run- run to her, or run from her. Which should I do? Do I want to speak to a member of the Foothills, even if she was my friend? She was not... a friend to me. She did not come with me. But I can understand that. So why am I so hesitant to go and see my friend now?

She must not like Jackal ruling.

It seemed my mind was made up by Romani, though, as my name was called and I was sought for. I couldn't fly away- the forest here was too close together and the tree trunks and branches too thick to snap. They would crush my wings without thinking, and would run red with my blood. My stomach tightened at the gory picture. Maybe it had something to do with my imprisonment in the Frostbreath Steppe, with the ex-Edge. I had certainly become more and more different since then. More aggressive? More proud? Eh, pride... vanity... was it me, or was it covering something else up? My ears twist around to catch the sound of her voice as the compact Halflinger comes forward out of the blackness, her coat dark in the shadows deep.

"Romani. How are you?" I say, relieved to hear my voice steady and smooth. We, no, I, am without rank now, so technically I am under her if anything. I wonder if I should just ask her if she saw me being driven off. Or wasn't there. Or just didn't come. Or didn't hear me. No, I think, but my tongue makes the words anyways and so I ask. "Did you... know of me coming back to the Foothills to try and find my friends?"

SVETLANA
the StormChaser

[Image: white-feather2.jpg]

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
A Question [Romani, Open] - by Svetlana - 12-22-2012, 08:59 PM
RE: A Question [Romani, Open] - by Romani - 12-22-2012, 09:58 PM
RE: A Question [Romani, Open] - by Svetlana - 12-23-2012, 11:15 AM
RE: A Question [Romani, Open] - by Romani - 12-23-2012, 11:45 AM