the Rift

Help Is On the Way

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I watch the thoughts dance in the back of the black's eyes as he regards me. His confusion, though reigned in, twitches in the seams of his expressions. He does not understand, but is intelligent enough not to be the first to query when he stands on a land not his own. I have a great affection for intelligence. I think I like him already.

He speaks slowly, as if uncertain. Is silence so imposing? My lips twitch at the hint of a smile, but I do not let it spread. I would hate to make it seem I'm laughing at this stallion when he has reacted so well to the strange. Such creatures of habit we are, thrown off by the slightest unknown. It's a pity, what more could we manage if we were not so fearful of what we fail to understand or recognize?

Much, I imagine.

I nod my head low and slow in reply to the words spoken. It would be unwise to take that as an acceptance though, as I do not make to turn my body away from his path, letting him in, nor to stand beside him as a new brother. I wonder just what rights I have in judging him, but I know this much. Though the herd is in need of bodies, it is only the able bodied we have use for.

I throw my tail around my right side then with a sudden shift of my legs and a wet slap of the heaping pile of black hair. I dip my stance, haunches tight with movement as I pull the coiled strings about like a brush. Ink swells from their tips and splashes onto the misty earth. I twist and turn the fluid, shaping it to my mind's eye and my heart's will. I ask him in the only way I can, just what he is worth and what he has to offer, by painting.

I illustrate first a sketch of his resemblance clashing with another mighty titan. Is he a warrior, a protector? I glance sidelong at him, curious to see his reaction.
I let that image shatter into small droplets before rebuilding him as a shadow slipping through the mists, sly and sneaky as I. Will he prefer the shade to the glory of the the sun, stealth to the war cries? I wonder.
I paint for him each service he would provide for us in turn, each time pointedly looking to him for his inclination.

He says he will join the ranks. I want to know which one.

I N K

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Help Is On the Way - by Destrier - 12-23-2012, 12:26 AM
RE: Help Is On the Way - by Ink - 12-24-2012, 12:29 AM
RE: Help Is On the Way - by Destrier - 12-24-2012, 01:35 AM
RE: Help Is On the Way - by Ink - 12-26-2012, 03:38 PM
RE: Help Is On the Way - by Lace - 12-27-2012, 10:12 AM
RE: Help Is On the Way - by Destrier - 12-27-2012, 10:15 PM
RE: Help Is On the Way - by Ink - 12-28-2012, 10:59 PM
RE: Help Is On the Way - by Lace - 12-29-2012, 05:24 AM
RE: Help Is On the Way - by Destrier - 12-29-2012, 08:59 PM
RE: Help Is On the Way - by Lace - 12-30-2012, 10:20 AM
RE: Help Is On the Way - by Destrier - 12-30-2012, 07:02 PM