the Rift

Allies? [Verm]

Svetlana Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

SVETLANA the STORMCHASER
The grass was coarse and rough, more bitter than anything. In winter, it was probably a lush sweet thing with the rippling heat emitting from the Heart of Helovia; but right now it was dry and somewhat tasteless. Nevertheless, I ate, because everyone needs to eat and my stomach was a never-ending hole at this moment. Side to side my head went, in a radius around my neck, before I stepped forward, and began eating again.

Yet quickly the grass turns to hard, compact dirt under my dusty onyx hooves. There were glittering gemstones- here, there, glittering pieces of stone embedded in the tough-skinned soil underneath me. An emerald here, glistening brilliant shades of green; over there, a hard white diamond emerging from the ground, glittering softly. I stepped forward, lifting my head from the dirt underneath me, eyes flickering with red flames as I began moving slowly through the gemfield to the very edge of the gaping abyss.

I glanced down over the edge, my stomach twisting in vertigo. I was not afraid of heights, but it was an intimidating sight, the hot red and orange and gold liquid slowly spilling down into the earth, pure blistering heat touching the skin on my face, drying it, parching my throat. I pulled my head back, black ears flattened in disgust.

Have you seen Solomon? My head jerks up, ears twist around to listen for more. My eyes follow more slowly, looking over the younger boy's frame carefully. He is so very golden-white in this light, a leonine tail graceful behind him, eyes sparkling with youth. It seems I had grown up too fast. "No," I say carefully, watching for a response. "No, I'm sorry. Svetlana- what's your name?" It's silly, but I love my name. The harsh sounds of it, just how it rolls off my tongue. I really do enjoy the grating sounds of it.

do you really understand where you're going with me?
let me tell you
you just have to trust me

Messages In This Thread
Allies? [Verm] - by Svetlana - 12-23-2012, 11:38 AM
RE: Allies? [Verm] - by Vermillion - 12-23-2012, 02:02 PM
RE: Allies? [Verm] - by Svetlana - 12-23-2012, 09:16 PM
RE: Allies? [Verm] - by Vermillion - 01-03-2013, 10:49 AM