the Rift

Referendum. [Herd]

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit

I watch the young filly with curiosity.

She intrigued me from the very beginning, you see. This Cirrus, this rambunctious, alive beacon. She gave me light when I was trapped in darkness. She led me to this home, where she fed me, where we became one.

My paws learned quickly how to adapt to the dry earth that would rip them apart otherwise. The flames that sometimes spark along my spine remain subdued today - the season has turned since we bonded, and while I know we are still bonded, I cannot read my new friend as well as before. It matters little. We are still young, still learning. I hear her spoken words, I understand and obey them even as I once heard the words that echoed in her cranium only a few short weeks ago. We are ignorant to the strange happenings of all the bonded creatures, for our bond is new, we know not what to expect, and so this muted occurrence was but normal in our eyes.

I did not understand the laws of the land very well. But my beloved, she stands before me, the skies reflected upon her pelt, listening in rapture and wonder at our leader. I had not seen the formidable mare who my beloved's father spoke so highly of before; I had only been allowed to meet family, those who would call themselves blood relatives to my Cirrus. I had cowered before them meekly, until the sustenance they brought me allowed fat to line my sides and strength to harden my muscles. When that had happened; I had played with them like they were family. Because they were family; or more importantly to me, they were pack.

I watch as my beloved's father proclaims his love for their leader, his loyalty. My small, lanky form stays close to the long, limber legs of my yearling beloved, as she too moves forward. She pauses her breath long enough to allow the other, Aryel, to speak, before her cherubic, angelic tones grace the breeze once more. A wicked smile is upon her lips, spunky and sharp is her wit and demeanour, but honest and true is her loyalty. She recognises this leader as family, and through her the entire herd. Therefore, they are my family too.

My blue eyes, so similar to my beloved's, glance around, viewing the gathered. I feel naked, for I am one of the only without wings gracing my back. My beloved has told me she will fix this, that by some magic I will be granted the right, the ability to fly, one day. But I view these creatures and I see them as my pack. I will protect them, just as I will protect my cherished heart.

They are my pack. I am their guardian.

"Kri is our Leader." Her tones are clear and bold, too confident and full of knowing for one so young. I am proud of her though, and I trust her to speak where I am unable. I am excited, my tail thumps against the sand in agreement, my tongue lolling out of my mouth as my lips stretch into a broad canine grin. I may only be young still too, but already one can see what a beast I will grow into, my large paws hint at the height and weight my bodice will one day stand at. I give a bark, an approving yip to echo my beloved's words, my voice still young and cracked, but with a promise of growth in the future.

We are family here, let us stand together.

larfsalot.deviantart.com

as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    Referendum. [Herd] - by Kri - 12-23-2012, 12:44 PM
    RE: Referendum. [Herd] - by Midas - 12-23-2012, 03:56 PM
    RE: Referendum. [Herd] - by Ázzuen - 12-23-2012, 06:13 PM
    RE: Referendum. [Herd] - by Aryel - 12-23-2012, 06:54 PM
    RE: Referendum. [Herd] - by Cirrus - 12-23-2012, 10:26 PM
    RE: Referendum. [Herd] - by Onni - 12-23-2012, 10:56 PM
    RE: Referendum. [Herd] - by Aisha - 12-24-2012, 06:56 AM