the Rift

Lord of the Rings

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
The one I seek is not a hobbit; but not an elf either. The being is the Witch-King of Angmar. The being is not Shelob or Belrog, but in some ways they are more charming; and the being is lastly, an orc, an evil Haradrim to Gondor; but better-looking than an orc.
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
Wasn't this thread/stealth already posted before?
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Aitheria Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
^second that question...

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
This one is different wording.
 HP: 45.5

Blu
Where even is the other one, stealths should never be deleted :|

But alright, if it's different wording it can proceed.

Helovia Hard Mode

Mandrake Posts: 53
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 15
Alex
That would be my bad, I removed it after realizing it wouldn't work so :/ My apologies.

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica
Faelene protects Psyche.

Psyche is dark in coloring like the Haradrim.
Taller than a hobbit.
Is definately better looking than an orc.
She is the Lady of the Basin.
[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Rapha Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Safe.

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable
I want ELIZABETH.

Notes: Some notes before clues is the Lord of the Rings characters are diverse with many different charistics. I took the most basic ones, such as the ones you can find on wikipedia.

The one I seek is not a hobbit;
[i]Elizabeth is
not short at 17 hands, and hobbits are regarded as one of the smallest races.

but not an elf either.
Elves are described, generally, as peaceful with the earth and quite slender. Elizabeth is definitely not described as peaceful and she is of a quite muscular build.

The being is the Witch-King of Angmar.
The Witch-King was the head of the Nazguls (dead spirits) and corrupted by power. He was also former king of men. Elizabeth is a mare who used to rule in her old homeland and has become a well-known character to be feared.

The being is not Shelob or Belrog, but in some ways they are more charming;
Shelob giant spider, Belrog dark monster, and Elizabeth is very heartless towards other species and can be very cold.

and the being is lastly, an orc, an evil Haradrim to Gondor;
Orcs are sort of minions of evil, and Haradrims are described as evil men south of Gondor- here I focus more on Haradrims and orcs, although you may say that "south of Gondor" relates to being in the far south in the Throat.

but better-looking than an orc.
Orcs are extremely ugly, and she is, of course, quite a bit better looking then them.
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Not sure if it counts or not, what with me playing a character somewhat in the herd that is not really involved in this stealth except that the character stolen belongs to it.. so take it as critique, and not judgment, unless the admin allow it? I don't really know what's up with stealth rules anymore. xD

I'd fail this, simply because a lot of other horses can fit the same description. Tall, muscular, ruler type, evil/nasty, evil, not ugly -- there's so many that fit this category, Mauja included (I thought of him when I read Witch-King of Angmar, actually, but I'm not sure if he /can/ be stolen at the moment?), and there is nothing that is, to me, Elizabeth. There is no clue to her name, personality, direct appearance -- nothing to say, it is this character, specifically, and not just someone else who fits the description. It'd be a bit like writing "black mare" and looking for Mirage - she's black, yes, but there's countless other black mares running around as well. Ultimately, my critique/judgment is that it is not specific enough. Toss in some clues leading directly towards the horse in question, and I think it will go better for you :) I know that it's a very difficult line to toe, being either too vague or too obvious, but some day you'll manage! ^^
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit
Though I am in the same predicament as Mauja, being part of the herd you are trying to steal from, I agree with everything Neo has covered.

There is nothing that relates directly to Elizabeth, nothing that screams it could only be her and no-one else, and therefore, there are no solid clues pointing to her, when there are meant to be a minimum of three. Therefore, I would also fail this.

Also, one has to be fairly intimate with LOTR knowledge to unravel this. But I suppose that's the beauty of riddles in general.

Blu
FAIL

Overall far too vague

The one I seek is not a hobbit;
Elizabeth is not short at 17 hands, and hobbits are regarded as one of the smallest races.
pass: the strongest of your clues and the only that I felt really related to Elizabeth with her tall stature and the well known fact of hobbits being short.

but not an elf either.
Elves are described, generally, as peaceful with the earth and quite slender. Elizabeth is definitely not described as peaceful and she is of a quite muscular build.
fail: elves are also extremely good bowman, have pointy ears, long hair.... this is far too vague.

The being is the Witch-King of Angmar.
The Witch-King was the head of the Nazguls (dead spirits) and corrupted by power. He was also former king of men. Elizabeth is a mare who used to rule in her old homeland and has become a well-known character to be feared.
fail: witch-king would seem to point to a male or someone very magical, which Elizabeth is not. The corruption of power I also don't see as I wouldn't say she is corrupted with power, in fact she rather has little power.

The being is not Shelob or Belrog, but in some ways they are more charming;
Shelob giant spider, Belrog dark monster, and Elizabeth is very heartless towards other species and can be very cold.
fail: this could apply to so many characters.

and the being is lastly, an orc, an evil Haradrim to Gondor;
Orcs are sort of minions of evil, and Haradrims are described as evil men south of Gondor- here I focus more on Haradrims and orcs, although you may say that "south of Gondor" relates to being in the far south in the Throat.
fail: this explanation doesn't even say how it applies to elizabeth... the clue has no south in it so isn't valid as referring to the the Throat.

but better-looking than an orc.
Orcs are extremely ugly, and she is, of course, quite a bit better looking then them.
fail: pretty much anything is better looking than an orc?

Helovia Hard Mode

Blu
more judges, nudge?

Helovia Hard Mode

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
Fail

Every point Blu made is one that I would have made myself.

Good clue: Hobbit with a height reference.
All the rest: Could not only apply to most characters but most humans as well. I think I am generally prettier than an orc. It's not a clue if it is not pointed; it's just a statement.