the Rift

(Psyche) Return My Love, Or Suffer the Consequences

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
OOC | ELOPE.... I did not mean to skip you. ;_; Please forgive me <3

Her rage was beginning to cool as his was ignited; she knew that she was angering him, could tell from the wild look in his orbs, could tell from the hurt that shone from them. It was clear as day, and for a moment, just a moment, she felt the sting of guilt. It was a new emotion for her, that she should feel bad for hurting someone; and for that moment, she allowed herself to admit that, perhaps, she cared something for him, but it would never be what he wanted it to be.

And then the moment was over, and he burst into flame.

She might have startled, if she were any other mare, but she wasn't, and she didn't. She simply stared, frozen in place, almost as incapable of movement as she would have been if she was encased in granite. Fire seemed to stream from every pore in his body, coursing up the sides of his pelt, pouring from his eyes, ears, nose. When he spoke, his words came in breaths of flame. And she was still, silent, thoughts clashing wildly in her mind: how could he survive this, how was he not writhing in pain, why wasn't his pelt singing, why didn't he look like her mother's corpse, burning so brightly in her mind's eye...

"Don’t take me for a fool Psyche," he roared, his voice like nothing she had ever heard from the mouth of the lovestruck fool. "If you had a child with him, that is no business of mine. I am concerned only for you. I want to help you, or do you not understand? I care for you! You seem to always push those that love you away, or are too scared to admit it. Is that why you ran away with your tail between your legs when you pregnant with her?" That struck a nerve, and spurred her into action; despite his still flaming body, she pinned her lobes flat against her skull, bared her teeth in a warning.

But he wasn't done. “Listen to me well Psyche; you maybe be ruler of this place, but not the ruler of me. But if you wish it, you can be the ruler of me as well. Right here, right now, I will vow to be your protector, your guard, and your slave. If you wish to decline my offer, then I shall be off, but be warned. We shall be enemies, you and I, and I will not let you forget it!” Now he threatened her? He who would vow his life to her would threaten her? Well, she would have none of it. He had spoken his piece, and now, it was her turn.

He had wounded her pride, if nothing else, and she would not tolerate it. "How dare you?" she shrieked, past the point of caring if others herd. "You proclaim your love for me, and you proclaim to know my deepest fears-" The word was a sneer. "-and yet I wonder - do you truly know anything at all?" Her orbs glinted with some powerful emotion: anger, perhaps, or hatred. Certainly nothing akin to love. Perhaps her actions now would haunt her in her future; but she was not one to plan for that. No, her fury pushed her into rash action, and she knew that she would stubbornly stand by her actions, even when filled with regret.

It was Mauja all over again, except Valentine had chosen to confront her. He was braver, then, than the FrostHeart, or was he? Was he merely stupid? His flames were dying now, absorbing into his skin. Tears streamed down his face, poured from soulless black eyes. She took a step back. This was somehow worse than his anger. "I love you Psyche. I just want to be yours, to help you rule, to do whatever I can for you." She had never asked for his love, did not want his love. She was incapable of love. He should have known that, surely she had told him. Where had she gone so wrong?

I love you, Psyche, it was an echo in her mind, and she looked at him with amber orbs gone flat. There was no anger now, no fury. There was simply no emotion at all. She could not run this time, she knew that; she would not. She owed her herd. She led them now, and something as trivial as one stallion's ruined love could not sway her from her role. She was a part of something bigger than just them - why couldn't he see it? "I cannot love you," she said in a tone something akin to gentle. Something flickered in her orbs, was pushed down, as perhaps it always had been and always would be. "Nor can you help me rule. I cannot give you what you desire, Valentine. You don't want me."

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Psyche) Return My Love, Or Suffer the Consequences - by Psyche - 12-30-2012, 03:41 AM