the Rift

(Psyche) Return My Love, Or Suffer the Consequences

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil
OOC | ELOPE.... I did not mean to skip you. ;_; Please forgive me <3

She watched him impassively, betraying no emotion on her calculating features. She would not give him the satisfaction of getting a rise out of her again, nor would she show him the myriad of feelings fluttering in her breast. And a myriad there was indeed: there was anger, of course, there was always anger within the Dark Empress. Anger at the inferiors, primarily, but anger also towards the FrostHeart, who had deserted her so like her family. Yes, she was angry with them as well, and now Valentine had added his name to the list. What she would never admit, though, was that she was the most furious with herself.

And there was more. The vaguest stirrings of guilt rose in her mind, guilt that fueled her anger. It was her own fault that the steed thought himself in love with her, she knew that - but how had she allowed it to get this far? She would lose a loyal follower over this, would hurt one that had become her kin, if not through blood. It was a loss that she would feel, perhaps not deeply, but would feel nonetheless. And for this, she was saddened. Perhaps she even wished that it would be easy for her to return his affections. Perhaps she wanted to be able to love as he loved her (though she did not wish it to be him that she loved).

Regardless, none of her thoughts crossed her face as she stood there, silent, allowing his words to wash over her. "You must take me for a fool. Well, I may be a fool, but I’m your fool. You are incapable of love, as I thought I was, but I was greatly mistaken. You can learn to love Psyche; I have the faith in you. If you choose to do so, then you can." He was wrong, of course. He did not know her as he thought he did. She could not, would not, learn to love. Love was weakness, and weakness was not a trait that she could claim. I cannot, she might have said; but instead she stood close-mouthed, waiting, for he was not yet finished.

“I don’t think you understand me either. Do you know exactly what it is I desire? Maybe we don’t know much about each other after all.” Well, that much was true, as the red-marked stallion was proving oh-so-well. “Even if you don’t love me, I don’t mind." The mark of desperation dripped from his lips, and she smiled ruefully, knowing that he hadn't a clue what he was promising. "My laughter was directed towards your last comment,” he continued with a smile of his own. “I don’t want you? There is clearly a reason why I do; maybe you are just blind to it. Why would I go through all this trouble if I didn’t think something more of you? I’m not a tease darling, you should know that.”

This she did know; but she also knew that she would never return his affections as he thought she could, would. "You are not a tease, Valentine. But I am." Her words were flat, devoid of the emotion that he no doubt longed for. Surely by now he would settle for any emotion - she showed neither love, nor hate, nor anything else. They were just empty words. "You would pledge your love to me, and I would use your love without ever returning it." Once, she would not have warned him so. But she was different now.

Or was she?

"I will give you time. All the time you need. Think. Think, about it. That’s all I ask. Even if you deny me, I will help you with whatever you need. Just promise me you won’t send me away, not without good cause." She opened her maw, about to respond, to tell him to leave, that he ought not pledge himself to her, but before she could get the words out, the slave leaped in front her her. Had he been a dog, he would have had teeth bared, hackles raised, and the thought that she, of all unicorns, would need the protection of a lowly slave brought a laugh from her throat. "Back off, unicorn! The Lady has rejected you, do you need to be told twice?"

She was amused, but also annoyed - did the slave think she could not fight her own battles? And why was he there, anyway? Where was his master, and why was he not with her? The shadow-mare frowned. "Slave. Behind me." Her words were curt, and she stepped around him, placing a sharp nip on his flank, flattening her auds against her cranium. He would likely have expected worse from her, but she was not to be distracted; she would question him later, when she had the time, about Sno, about his actions. But for now, her eyes were only for Valentine.

"You say I take you for a fool, Valentine, and perhaps you are right. Only a fool could claim love for me repeatedly, as I repeatedly tell him that I do not return his affections. But perhaps you, in turn, take me for something that I am not," she said, her eyes hardening. "Perhaps you take me for a common whore? To think that I would need your assistance? No." She was harsh, of course - but how else to make him understand? "There are very few things that I will promise to anyone, Valentine, but this I promise you: I will not love you."

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Psyche) Return My Love, Or Suffer the Consequences - by Psyche - 01-01-2013, 06:18 PM