the Rift

Guidance [Nayati]

Balé Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Balé
The Innocent

Balé walked on the lush green grass slowly, cautiously. He had just entered the Foothills. It seemed like a nice place, much safer than wandering around haphazardly in the forest.
He still had that wide-eyed look that many young colts have. While making his best effort to take everything in, he was a bit overwhelmed. His mind wandered, for how long is a youngling's attention span anyway. So many things had changed for him recently. He only wished for someone to keep him company and help him through life. He longed for knowledge; he could sense when he was left out or did something wrong because he didn't know any better but how could he help that? This seemed like the first step.
Following that mare here was the best thing he had ever done on his own. Out in the open the colt stood, waiting for something to happen. Anything.  He just wanted some guidance.

Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

Nayati
you show me how to see that nothing is whole and nothing is broken

Nayati had wandered about for quite some time. She was lonely but knew how to deal with it. In Mother's abusive presence all she had wanted was to be alone. Romani and Abdullah had been surprisingly absent. Svetlana's appearance in the Foothills, then immediate departure because of their new leader had hurt Nayati. She didn't understand a lot of things. Why had Jackal forced her mom to leave? Why couldn't she have been taken as well? Why bad she been left behind, again? 

Sighing sadly she lifted dark ruby eyes and was shocked to discover another foal. A colt to be precise. She hadn't met anyone else her age, even if he was a good two seasons older. Suddenly shy, Nayati stepped forward towards him. She was tiny in comparison but she always would be and should get used to it now. Ears laying nervously halfway lowered, though she was definitely interested in him. "H-Hello? Are you new?" Soft voice coming from her lips as she stepped closer, nervous. Stopping so that he wouldn't feel pressured. Was he going to be a part of their family now? He smelled faintly of the Foothills, leading her to believe he was new. 

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Unregistered

Balé
The Innocent

Balé was caught off guard by a tiny filly. She had beautiful spots all over her body and her coat consisted of a very bright white. And she was a very dainty little foal.
"H-Hello? Are you new?" Her voice was so soft and sincere. It was as if Balé was having a vision of some sort. He took an uneasy step backwards and nodded his head though it was so unnoticeable he didn't know if she had seen. This little girl seemed nice enough but he wasn't ready to delve into anything. He lowered his head in submission and looked up at her with large, glinting two-tone eyes. His eyes knit together and a slight shake took over his body.

Outcast

I'll take you for who you are if you'll take me for everything</style>

Sunlight streams down through the new leaves that are budding and growing faster than Nayati has ever seen, reveling in the joys of Birdsong. Golden colors dance along her back, brightening the white of her coat and turning the cinnamon spots into a warmer shade of chestnut. In turn it highlights the figure that stands a few lengths away from her. The horn upon his crown is something she's never seen on her dear friends, only in passing as the herd members milled around. It glows off the twisted spiral, brings a softness to his coat that keeps her from feeling too scared. She's intrigued by his patterns, but steps no closer. They both seem to be almost unbearably shy, and her head is low. Doe like ruby eyes surveying him from a safe distance. Snowy hooves shifted restlessly, nervously. She'd never met another foal before.

He took a step away from her and sadness shone through mahogany eyes, wondering why he was retreating from her so soon. Shouldn't she be the one frightened of him? He was much larger than her after all, though she suspected most foals were. Head bobbing to her question, so faint she nearly missed it. Eyes rose to meet hers and she managed a shy, sweet smile. Nayati was a bit scared, but if he was new then surely she should welcome him. His eyes were pretty, completely different colors. She'd never seen them like that before. "I-I'm Nayati..." Soft voice reaching out to him, encouraging him to come forth with her eyes gentle and pleading. Soon they sought the ground, nervous. Shuffling her hoof and turning her head slightly away from him. Where was Abby? "Who...Who a-are you?" Taking a tiny step back, eyes flickering around. It was difficult for Nayati to be so outgoing, but she hoped to make a friend out of the colt.

Credit

where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Unregistered

Balé
The Innocent

"I-I'm Nayati..." The petite, young filly said to him. Her voice was so soft, pure. He liked that; she seemed sincere. Her eyes grew wide and she bat her eyes at Balé, invitingly, innocently. Suddenly she dropped her gaze and shook her hoof nervously, apparently she wasn't used to this kind of interaction either.
"Who...Who a-are you?" Then she took a small step back. This didn't seem easy for her either.
Balé took a small, shallow breath and, between convulsions, whispered, "I-I-I'm new." He lifted his gaze this time, using most of his courage as he did so, but this time he didn't drop his eyes. The rich tones of blue and brown looked into the beautiful ruby eyes (ooc I assumed here because it didn't say anything on her page) of the filly. Both eyes glinting as they locked.
"They call be Balé." He said with an unshaken voice.

Outcast

He remained as she spoke, even if they both seemed quite uncomfortable with the encounter. So far so good in her eyes if he hadn't run away from her. It was almost polite, the way he listened to her words. Even so, it wasn't enough to comfort the frail princess and she trembled. Already Nayati wanted to turn and run. She felt silly and shy and she certainly didn't want to be here, out in the open with someone else who was just as skittish as she was. It hurt to know she couldn't even make friends her age, and she felt inadequate.

Sadness turned ruby irises slightly moist, ready to turn and run to Abby to be comforted that she had been unable to make a friend. Before she could, the colt took in a deep breath and spoke. It was hardly a whisper but snowy ears turned towards him, catching what he'd said. Lifting her gaze slowly to meet his. Warm blue and brown met her, giving her support when she felt too frail to remain there. Bale, as she soon discovered, spoke without a tremor the second time. Coming out clear and inviting. When they finally met eyes correctly for the first time, she realized that perhaps they were fitting in their weaknesses. Bale's face seemed very mature to her when his shaking was calmed, easing her own tremors and allowing her to take two hesitant steps towards him. Big ruby eyes sparkling with curiosity and a hopeful sort of happiness. Nayati didn't want to have her hopes crushed, but she very badly wanted a friend. Sweet smile softened her visage, feeling almost as if she wanted to laugh for joy at making a tiny step in this encounter. "I...I like your name...Bale." No longer a whisper, but her voice was always naturally soft. "Do you...do you like it? Here?" Grasping at whatever she could think of to continue the conversation, face appearing a bit lost and desperate. Nayati didn't want Bale to think she was boring after all.

[[It doesn't say?? :o Oh my! I'll fix that~ and may I say that Bale is absolutely adorable? <3]]

Credit

Hale Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Balé
The Innocent

"I...I like your name...Balé," her soft voice spoke hesitantly. "Do you...do you like it? Here?" She leaned into the words as she spoke them, very curious as to what his response would be. Her large ruby eyes fluttered and knotted together, hoping that he would return some comforting words. Something that meant he was going to stay.
He gathered himself together, pulled his legs completely underneath his body, no longer crouching. Standing a little straighter, but with no more confidence than before, he nodded once. It was a large, slow nod. A small grin creeped upon his face and his eyes softened.
Balé walked very slowly, but surely, to her side gave her a small but playful nudge on the shoulder.

(Thank you! I certainly like him <3 And there's an accent on the e so it's Balé, like pronounced Ballay. c: And Nayati is SO small! 8 hands? That's like a mini horse, lol. She's adorable though. How tall is she going to be full grown? Like a small pony? I feel like my writing is so inadequate. -sigh-)

Outcast

Bale gathered his pillars beneath him, straightening from a crouched almost scared position to a stronger, solid stance. Nayati was significantly smaller even if she was standing straight, the height change not making much of a difference to her other than calming her fear that he would turn and run away from her. Nervously awaiting the answer that would not come to her verbally. Instead his crown dipped slowly, irises softening and a smile brightening his face. The shy one that had remained on Nayati's face lost every trace of nervousness and she flicked her listeners at him playfully. Too shy to do anything that required talking so soon into the encounter.

Bale moved forward towards her, slowly. Inside the privacy of her thoughts, Nayati was grateful that he did so, consciously or otherwise. If he'd suddenly strode towards her she probably would have been terrified. It was easy to startle her, she was much like a rabbit in that way. Painted colt came to her side and she craned her head up a bit to continue looking into those pretty, calming eyes. They made her feel comfortable. Blinking up at him in surprise when he nudged her. Giggling softly and bumping her dark muzzle against his flank. Spinning in a small circle so that they faced the same direction, shoulder to shoulder. "Do you...want to go? See the waterfall?" It lay at the heart of their territory, and it would be fun to visit it. Such a strange sensation, to have company. Especially someone just as quiet and young as her. Yes, Nayati was sure she was taking quite a liking to Bale's company.

[[I know French so I saw the accent mark and thought it was a very nice touch <3 Honestly I just threw the number 8 out there o_o I only know the proper height for full grown adults and was lazy to be honest teehee! But when she's grown she'll barely reach fourteen hands, maybe. She probably has pony blood in her somewhere mwahaha. And don't worry at all, you're doing great! <3 He's endearing]]

Credit

Unregistered

Balé
The Innocent

"Do you...want to go? See the waterfall?" She asked him hopefully. Nayati had a pretty voice, it was smooth and sincere.
He looked down at her and grinned, then he bent down and whispered in her ear, "Yes." Then he tossed his head playfully and started off at a slow trot. If Nayati was up for it, he wold love playing with her, even if it was reserved. Still, he kept his movements collected as much as possible and didn't move too fast. One thing he made absolutely sure of is that he didn't hit the delicate filly.
He looked back at her and, though a little unsure himself, motioned his head for her to come. He was hoping she would, that she would become her friend.

(I'm SO sorry for the wait! I didn't see that you had replied. :| Won't happen again!)

Outcast

It was a bit disappointing to the femme to know that Balé was taller than her at this stage in life. She'd never met another foal and only in that moment could she make proper comparisons. Was it normal for her to be smaller? Or was Balé just large as a colt? Nayati was suddenly curious about all these things but was unsure if Balé had the answers. He dipped down to her ear and murmured a quiet yes and she smiled at him. She was going out on a limb but if it all worked out then she would gain another friend. 

His head tossed playfully and she giggled as he trotted away from her. Watching him for a few moments until he beckoned her to follow. Smiling shyly Nayati skipped after him, matching his stride the best she could with her little legs. Directing him towards the waterfall without actually leaving his side. Nudging him with a touch as soft as a butterfly's kiss whenever she needed to direct him. The soft rumbling of the water down the cliff met them soon enough and she ambled towards it away from Balé. Looking over her shoulder with a tiny smile and prancing in, splashing through the water and giggling as she invited him to play. Completely oblivious to the fact that they had hardly spoken a word since setting out. 

[[It's quite alright! Mine was a bit late as well ;__;]]

Credit

Unregistered

Balé
The Innocent

She nudged him, guiding him, to the waterfall. For one of the first moments in his young life he wasn't scared at all, he was actually happy. His happiness was contagious apparently, little Nayati seemed to be having a swell time. Her petite frame made her seem even more graceful; she floated above the ground, throwing herself this way and that. She never lost control. Balé admired that. He was always losing control of his body, shaking, falling, tripping, anything. Control was a foreign concept to him.
She splashed gently into the water and with the most sincere smile she looked over at him. He hoped that that smile would never leave, it warmed his heart to see this little filly so happy. They were both happy and especially from their first meeting, this was a huge step.
She bounced around in the water like it was something she was meant to do. It was so fluid, so elegant. The water favored her.
Balé knew he was of few words but he hoped that his actions spoke enough. He stepped into the water much more slowly than little Nyati for he would have made a much bigger splash. He threw the water and his tail at her playfully. When everything calmed down they walked out of the water, exhausted. "Do you have any other friends here, Nyati?" As he spoke he leaned in, eyes knit together hopefully. As much as he liked Nyati he desperately hoped she wasn't the only one here he could count on. Family was still on his mind and even though this filly was great he wished that they didn't have to fend for themselves.
Guidance.

Outcast

Quiet. He is quiet, she realizes. Then again, Nayati is nearly a mute with how little she speaks. Yet for some reason she feels more comfortable doing so in his presence. His heterochromatic eyes soothed her, made her feel far less shu than she usually was. Endearing smile made joy dance in her breast as she returned the gesture. Balé was lovely and she enjoyed his company as she guided him to her special little place. Nayati had never really needed to guide someone before. Had never had another place their trust in her to lead them true. But it was a nice feeling. 

The water was slightly brisk as it accepted her playful, tiny legs. Not cold enough to dissuade them from play, but certainly noticeable. Trickling and rumbling of the waterfall that fed into it was the only noise between them as the colt stepped towards her. Far slower but she awaited him with patient demeanor and beckoning eyes. Startled giggle escaping as he splashed her gently. The dotted filly returned it, inciting play between the two of them that would last for heavens knew how long. 

When at last it did end she was tired and her scar ached, but she was smiling brightly. It was worth it, Nayati decided. No matter how sore she was, she had been able to feel young and playful again because of Balé and the was far more important than any physical reminder of a bad time. She owed him deeply for allowing her to peek out from behind her shell of solitude, and told herself that he would never leave her list of loved ones. Speaking of, he asked after them. Leaning in close and she nodded, shyly brushing her dark muzzle against his. "Yes...Romani and Abdullah. I call them Roma and Abby though because their names are hard..." Nervously looking at the earth below tiny snow painted hooves. She doubted Balé would tease her for her inability to say their name without speaking slowly and carefully, but she was hard on herself without him adding to it. Lifting tiny crown to smile at him. "Do you...wanna meet them?" Ruby eyes turning hopeful, imagining her beloved family meeting her new best friend. 

[[Oh Golly! This is so late I'm so sorry! You have permission to throw tomatoes at me!]]

Credit

Unregistered

Balé
The Innocent

"Yes...Romani and Abdullah. I call them Roma and Abby though because their names are hard..." The little mare spoke fondly of these horses and Balé trusted her judgement. He had already met Romani and she seemed like a pleasant soul; he didn't know her too well but well enough. Nayati was just as cute as could be. He admired her for being so brave in a world where everything was much larger and more powerful than she would ever be.
" Do you...want to meet them?" She asked the question softly but hopefully. Looking up at him, her ruby eyes glinted. Leaning down, curling his neck around her to reach her level, he lifted her head up and said, "Of course."
Still unsure, he walked with steady, calculated steps and occasionally his legs moved under him randomly, unexpectedly. The poor awkward thing didn't even have a chance. Usually he carried himself in more of a subdued manner. Eyes constantly darting around him, and ready to bolt at any surprise, but he was excited to go. Meeting the new ones made him hopeful. As they started to walk slowly away from the waterfall Balé felt the need to speak, even though he didn't enjoy doing so, "I have already met Romani." Breaking any sort of silence wasn't in his character but it needed to be said. Silence was something he enjoyed, or rather he enjoyed the sounds that cannot be heard with the addition of speech.
The waterfall in the background made for a pleasant start and birds chattered away around them. As he waited for Nayati's reply he took in his surroundings once more. It was a nice place, mountains surrounded them and the greenery made Balé feel at home. Everything about this place seemed so perfect for him. And so he did and could continue to enjoy his time here. He hoped for a while at least.

[Oh hush, you're fine! Nayati and Balé shall be good friends. Do you have a reference picture for her? She's quite the little lovely, you know. They fit together exquisitely!]

Outcast

Trust and acceptance seemed to radiate from the gentle colt, and Nayati found herself thanking her lucky stars for having found such a kind friend. Normally she was so shy and nervous that she had panic attacks, and even at such a young age could easily tell the onsets of one. But...Bale made her feel safe, comforted. Like she was wrapped in a soft blanket of acceptance, and she loved that feeling. He needn't say anything, merely look at her. Such pretty eyes, yet so different. For once, someone didn't tower over her. Didn't look at her with pity for the scars, for her fears. It was a completely different world, and she felt that she didn't have to build up a wall of silence and solitude around her in order to survive. Gentle muzzle brushed her softly, like a butterfly kiss. Softly lifting her crown up to him, delicate with her. It was so foreign for someone to treat her like glass, to not slam their hooves and teeth into her tiny frame. Chest warmed at the new experience and she smiled shyly, endearingly. Only brightening when he agrees, with complete trust in her judgment, to meet them.

Nayati has never seen another foal before, and the way he walks makes her giggle and smile. Not teasing, or cruel. She thinks it's cute, though she has never had a problem with her little legs. Bale's voice drew her from their walk, and she tilted her cranium to him to listen intently to what he had to say. Eyes brightening and face lighting up, excited to know that Bale had met the wonderful mare whom had saved her from her half crazed searching for Svetlana when she had been kidnapped. "She is very nice...I think...you will like Abby, too." Contemplating it in her soft, thoughtful voice. Abdullah would most likely welcome Bale with open arms, as she had done with Nayati. Then again Nayati had been a special case, and Abdullah had been put to the test to prove that she wouldn't harm her. Wondering where they would be at that time, and deciding to head towards the spots they visited most often. Eager to have Abdullah meet Bale.

[[They shall <3 they are simply adorable beyond belief. And you are quite right they fit perfectly together! She'll end up looking like this when she's older Clickeh~ but with dark cinnamon spots, not black. This too But a little smaller spots. I had a wonderful reference for her as a foal that was the exact same but I can't seem to find it now!]]

Credit

Unregistered

Balé
The Innocent

"She is very nice...I think...you will like Abby, too." Little Nayati spoke. Balé nodded and asked in return, "Where do we go now?
He stared down at the spotted filly with soft eyes. The two stood closely together. When together they gained many things: power, acceptance, courage, confidence, and most importantly, joy. Together they were joyous.
Should anything unfortunate circumstances fall upon little Nayati I will do my absolute best to protect her from any harm. Though he was still a baby himself, he felt the urge to try and watch over the mare. He especially liked her.
Before she could speak, he interrupted her thoughts with a deep declaration, much beyond his years, "I will be here for you, Nayati, whenever you need me. Whatever the situation. Please remember that." For a moment, a small lapse in time perhaps, all of his earthly awkwardness dissipated. A window into the future perhaps, regardless, he possessed a regal air that seemed impossible. So strong, so sure was the young colt.
After only a moment, in the blink of an eye, it was gone. He was simply the awkward and uncoordinated foal that he always had been.
Though young, he knew what he was saying and meant every word. He was true to everything he spoke.

[So like the first one on this page? link :3 ]

Outcast

Where do we go now?

Patient gaze turned to her and Nayati smiled, though she had to take a few moments to think of how to respond. If she could she would simply walk around with him for the rest of the day, she enjoyed his company so much. They stood rather close, as if drawing all the good from the other to strengthen themselves. Yet neither suffered from it, only feeling better the entire time they remained in the other's presence. Nayati thought of finding Abdullah, or maybe Romani if Bale didn't mind meeting her again. However she was thrust out of her thoughts when Bale spoke, voice deep and steady like the rhythmic beating of a river. Ruby eyes widened in surprise at the words that fell so sincerely from his lips, hanging onto every word. It took her a few moments for it to process, and a few more to actually think of something to say that wouldn't come out as just air.

Finally a smile drew over her face, not bright and joyful but small and sincere. Muzzle moving up to touch his gently, nuzzling him gently. "Thank you, Bale..." And she too found herself as if aged, possessing a firm gentleness, a sweetness that would remain no matter how old she became. "I will always be there too. I promise, I will remember." Muzzle pressing to his cheek as if it was a kiss, pulling away with the same smile and brushing her small shoulder against his. Urging him into walking ahead with her. "We...We can see Abby? Or Roma, if you want?" Turning back to being a little shyer, ears flicking uncertainly. Not wanting to make a decision that he wouldn't like.

[[Exactly :3]]

Credit

Unregistered

Balé
The Innocent

Balé blushed at the tender muzzle pressing to his cheek. Only slightly more uncomfortable than normal, he cleared his throat to break up the mood. Or to break it up for himself at least.
"We...We can see Abby? Or Roma, if you want?"
He sat on this idea for a few seconds before responding. With a childish voice, one that contained no wisdom he replied, "Maybe we should wait until tomorrow? It's been a long day." The sun was going down and, to be completely and utterly honest, he was wearing down fast. The day had indeed been extraordinarily long but perhaps that's only because of how productive it was. Indeed, it was proving to be a very fruitful day.
The soft tones of the sun fell upon Nayati and only exemplified her soft and gentle stature. The pastels complimented her. Her white coat, dotted with cinnomon spots carried the purple and pink hues with nothing if not grace. It was a beautiful sight. Her ruby eyes sparkled and she blinked her eyes, full of life. She wore the jolly nature she had taken over quite well.
He stepped aside, slightly to her right, and took a few shaky steps away from her. Turning his head around to face her, he nodded in the general direction. "Maybe something this way?
Something in the distance looked promising, maybe a fire or a cave to spend the night in. Anything to get out of the cold, and the company would be an amazing change.
The whole scene was enchanting. Two new friends, two souls who desperately needed each other now had all that they needed. These two unfortunate, meek foals had each other now. For as long as they enjoyed each other's company they had it. They had each other forever.

[Yippee! Okay thank you for that (; ]

Outcast

It made the little princess giggle to see Bale go from strong and passionate to shy and awkward, though she didn't understand why he had. Though as he mentioned it to her she gaped and looked around, having not paid attention to the time at all. Surely she was tired, but she had assumed it was from playing with Bale. Seeing the darkening sky made her step towards Bale, uncomfortable with the darkness. It had been dark when Mother had left her for dead in the middle of Frostfall, and normally Nayati made sure to have Abby or Roma in her presence by the time night fell. It seemed she had lost track of time having so much fun with Bale. As she nodded in agreement she was surprised to be caught off guard by a tiny yawn. Hiding her face in embarrassment that she had not realized how tired she was, along with missing the time completely. As the sun started sinking down, the shadows lengthened. Light turned darker and seemed to illuminate the darker patterns of Bale's coat in an attractive soft glow. It made him seem softer, though larger in a way. As he stepped away she blinked at him and smiled, following after. Nodding in easy agreement to his words, not really caring where he took her so long as he stayed.

Nayati was starting to feel drowsy and moved a little faster to catch up with Bale, moving close so that their sides brushed. Resting her head momentarily along his neck and yawning again. Blearily looking up and spotting an indentation in the rock that made up the waterfall. It was almost a cave, were it deeper. Nayati turned sleepy, dazed rubies to Bale and pulled gently on his mane. It was an action that normally would have been playful, but she was too tired all of a sudden to speak. Nodding towards the decent spot, eyes turning into a pleading look. She was tired and wanted to curl up against him and sleep, and couldn't care less where they slept at that point, but the cave-like structure would keep away the cold and trap their combined heat inside it. Nayati stepped away from him towards the structure and then stepped back, unwilling to leave his comforting scent and warmth. It probably made her even more drowsy, but she didn't mind, merely wanting to stay close.

Credit

Unregistered

Balé
The Innocent

The little yawn caught Balé off guard and he looked down at her with soft eyes. She didn't want to look too tired, and tried to hide it. He picked her head up and smiled at her. Who was he to say if she should be embarrassed or not? He was fine with her and whatever she felt, she could always be sincere with her. After all, he was with her. Or he was as sincere as he could be beneath his awkward movements and quiet personality.

The sky was a beautiful purple with pink hues mixed in. No clouds were visible and it was starting to darken. The little sun that broke through the mist of the high mountains set off a brilliant color that transferred onto everything around them. The atmosphere was very calming.

Moving a little faster to catch up, she had brushed his side. He didn't like being too close but a simple touch didn't bother him, especially if it was just the little filly. Nayati pulled at his mane to guide him toward a cave. He didn't especially like the idea of sleeping in a cave, they're so dark and dank with water everywhere. Or at least every one that he had ever been in was...uncomfortable.

He would try it though. If it was that bad they could always just leave...though where would they go once it gets late? Once it gets dark.

They walked slowly, but surely, toward the cave. The mouth was only slightly jagged and most of it looked smooth on the inside though the sides were very rough. Water dripped from the ceiling and splashed in small puddles on the floor. It wasn't horribly damp if certain spots were avoided.

Balé thought about asking her if she wanted him to make a fire...or try to. He had watched one being made a few times and thought, if he was lucky, he would be able to replicate it. Well, if he was very lucky he would be able to.

He looked down at Nayati and asked her, "Would you like it if I tried to make a fire?" Scanning the horizon, he tried to take in as much as he could with the lack of light. There were some trees off a ways and probably some fallen branches of some sort, maybe some dry grasses too.

He stood by Nayati as she made her answer. She would have to wait in the cave, of course. Would she be okay if she was alone for a little while? With the cover of the cave she should be plenty safe and he wouldn't be gone for very long at all. Ten minutes maybe.

"...would you be okay with that? I'l hurry back, I promise." His voice did carry promise, and he didn't think that Nayati doubted what he said either.

They would be more comfortable with light, and warmth. A fire would really help them tonight.

Something that Balé hadn't told anyone, or even spoken aloud before, was that he really didn't like the dark. He wasn't afraid of it but darkness just made him uneasy. In light he operated one way and at night, another. It was how he had always been, and probably always would be.

[I feel like I've been slacking so I'm going to start writing more, haha. (: ]

Outcast

The girl was beginning to grow used to Bale lifting her head and touching her so easily, and smiled shyly at him when his own lifted to brighten his visage. It was embarrassing to be caught in the middle of her exhaustion but it felt so much easier to be herself around the other colt. Maybe this was what she really needed, someone to be around who would not judge her for her fears. Her actions around the painted cherub were different from how she was around Romani and the likes. Not drastically, but it was noticeable to her when she realized that for once she didn’t feel afraid. Fear was a concept she was very close with, walking hip to hip with it all of her life, but around Bale she never felt as if he would harm her. Perhaps that was why she showed how tired she was when normally her own past experiences would keep her from showing such a weakness.

His eyes displayed the unease and doubt towards the cave, making Nayati doubt herself as well. She knew the rains of Birdsong well and doubted how strong her lungs could be when they already protested during Frostfall and at the flowers of spring. It was a condition she would deal with her entire life, and hoped she would never pass it on. Was it genetic? She’d never met her real sire, being born out of mateship and hidden away by her demon of a mother. Those thoughts always plagued her around nightfall, but they had no place on her shoulders today with Bale. Nayati wouldn’t allow herself to ruin such a beautiful day. The water from the ceilings to the ground was not expected, and Nayati was disappointed and frustrated, too tired to care either way. With little stamina and strength she was proud and surprised that she’d made it that far and so long into the evening. Nayati didn’t know what a ‘fire’ was, and turned her head with confused curiosity towards Bale. ”I don’t…know, what that is?” Mumbling it weakly, feeling small and stupid for being oblivious to such a thing. Managing and smile and moving long white locks from her eyes. She had no idea why her mane was so much longer, and hoped it would not continue to grow for she was strange enough as it was. ”But o-okay,” she consented, deciding not to discourage Bale just because she didn’t know what he spoke of. At least she would learn something new. Face dropped when she discovered he would have to leave to make whatever it was. Worry and nervousness coating her visage before she glanced about the cave, took a deep breath, and nodded. Nayati was rarely alone by nightfall, but he had promised that he wouldn’t be long. Brushing her muzzle to his with a look of weakness, being brave for him. Too many memories lingered in the shadows of night, ones that she despised, but she trusted Bale wouldn’t leave without cause and she was feeling the ache of her legs and lungs. ”Just…hurry?” Pleading with him, knowing he didn’t have to listen and not really needing to say it but wanting to nonetheless. Stepping away and finding a small dry spot on the ground, curling up there with head kept aloft to watch him go. She would continue to watch until he returned.

Credit