the Rift

Remember rights that I did wrong [Leander]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

[Setting: Inspired by this. An island off the coast; perhaps the base could be reached via swimming, but the rocky island is far too vertical to scale. Only pegasi can reach its summit. The day is bright, sunny, and cloudless.]

There is no place I cannot go.
My mind is muddy but - my heart is heavy. Does it show?
I lose the track that loses me, so here I go.

She would put Tolio out of her mind. She would. There was a very good reason that Phae had run all of her life; physical wounds were not the only kind that could leave a scar. And for the first time, Phae felt damaged. Those softer and more philosophical than She might have told her that the pain Tolio had caused would only make her stronger, and that she was not damaged by improved somehow, by the ordeal. Phae did not see it that way, however. She only felt regret, for letting herself so foolishly make mistake after mistake. But it would never happen, not again. She knew what she was; a vixen. She used her natural assets to her advantage, and it had kept her safe this far. Flirting with stallions - causing them to think that she was theirs; that this bright and beautiful thing could be under their lock and key, so long as they keep it safe. Why she had thought love could ever be a solution, she didn't know.

As she flew, the weight of her mistakes seemed to slowly billow off of her. Stella was probably the root cause of that - Next to Phaedra's lithe shape, with a small chick. Stella was a secretary bird - her upper plumage was silvery white, leaving her legs and thighs completely black. The most striking feature about her, was her bold orangey-yellow face. That face now peered at Phae with the utmost adoration and care. Sharing the skies was something Phae had never willingly done with another, but now she realized how fulfilling it could be

In the distance, she spied a vast rocky formation jutting out of the waters. Perfect she thought, noting how purely unscalable it was. No unicorns. No Tolio. As she curled her wings, forcing more lift and raising her higher into the air, her breath caught in her chest as she reached the top and took in the vast view: It was extraordinary. The horizon seemed to stretch on forever. Why had she never come here before?

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
Remember rights that I did wrong [Leander] - by Phaedra - 12-24-2012, 01:22 PM