the Rift

Bring Me Full Circle [Open]

Tor Posts: 197
World's Edge Nurse
Mare :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 9
Adoptable

The draft, the pale draft, wondered what this big horse of night would think of herself. Listening to her own story again, was like listening to a stranger's. Mother and father had become more soft and blurred in her memories, and so very frequently did she wonder if she should leave, at the very least to visit them. But she didn't, and sometimes she pondered if she didn't want to, or if she really was too busy here. No, she did miss them, like she would miss a leg, but she couldn't leave the Gray behind, not now, not ever. The Gray was her family now, at least until she did settle into a herdland.

That's noble of you. If she could've blushed, there was quite the chance Tor would, but horses don't, so instead she blinked a few times. "Do you really think so?" The draft supposed it would be quite noble and fancy and lovely of her to do so, but it just seemed like something she had to do it. It wouldn't be fair to let the grass die and wither under the mouths of so many hungry horses, and leave those hungry horses to perish in those freezing winters. Then the draft added; "I'm sure you could if you found yourself doing a simple thing for the good of the family. Lots of horses would, I like to think." Faelene's words of doubt about the good of the horses echoed in her mind. But I like to imagine the horses are kind. Tor's response came back defiantly.

Just as he had listened so politely, she pricked her ears and let every piece of his story sink in. Elves? She had seen a few elves in the Lost Forest. Nimble, slender little things, but they had never bothered to try and capture her and Lei. In fact, they seemed to respect the two of them; probably something to do with their healing gifts. "I'm sorry for your losses." Tor sighed, letting herself drift a step closer to his flank. She assumed something had happened in order to make him leave his home with the elves.

The amulet, she imagined, grew warmer on her chest, the emerald one glittering with green. "So..." The draft sculpted of moonlight and pale shadows trailed off uncertainly. What did she say now? "Have you... seen the Gods or traveled to the Veins yet?" Ah, yes. Perfect subject to pick up on.

T O R

Image Credit [Bottom of Page]
WORDS OF COMPASSION ARE STRONGER THAN ANY ACT OF POWER.

Messages In This Thread
Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Destrier - 12-26-2012, 05:52 AM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Tor - 12-26-2012, 08:29 PM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Destrier - 12-26-2012, 09:35 PM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Tor - 12-27-2012, 10:58 PM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Destrier - 12-28-2012, 09:45 AM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Tor - 12-28-2012, 10:42 AM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Destrier - 12-29-2012, 12:45 AM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Tor - 12-30-2012, 10:58 AM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Destrier - 12-30-2012, 07:31 PM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Tor - 12-30-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Bring Me Full Circle [Open] - by Destrier - 12-31-2012, 06:57 PM