the Rift

[BASIN] Reverence [open]

Reverence Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Reverence
Calculating

Reverence walked slowly, deep in thought. She didn't know what her next move would be. For days she had wandered about with no direction in mind. Her cloudy grey coat shined in the sun and her nearly black eyes glinted in the sunlight. They looked more like black stones than eyes. Perhaps that's because there was nothing behind those eyes. No feeling, or a cold feeling, which is worse than none at all.
Lifting her head high, she scanned her surroundings. Perhaps she would go seek some adventure, or at least a little game. She was getting bored. A grin shone upon her cold face. A game. Some fun is just what she needed. Or at least, her version of fun.
A goal always fueled her, anything she could achieve. She liked to prove, to herself and everyone else, that she could do anything she set her mind to. The power of intimidation was one of her favorite motivators. She cantered off into the distance in search of something to...play with. A mindless traveler, it cleared her mind. It made her more sharp, which was extremely dangerous to others. As she cantered on and on, her options became clear and she fabricated a framework from which she would pull from. She was so sure of this.
Her large frame covered the ground with ease and she traveled at a leisurely pace. Night fell and the cold started to set in. The cold, however unpleasant to others, gave her a sort of twisted comfort. Enjoying the chill, she slept out in the open with no cover and in the moonlight a single glare dotted her obsidian eyes. The game shall soon begin.

"."

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

It had been some time since Crowley had strayed from the Basin, and he had become nothing short of restless. His only entertainment as of late had come from Aryel, the blasted pegasus that he had crossed paths with twice now. As annoying as she was, Crowley knew that she felt the same towards him, if not a little more. He'd found endless joy in making her angry during their meetings, however, and he truly hoped that they would meet again some day.

The Basin had been bustling with new faces as of late, and although their numbers were a healthy number, the brindled stallion knew that there could never be too many soldiers at the Dark Empress' disposal. That wasn't the only rank available, however, for he was a Phantom; his duties included stealing members of other herds, and stealthily gathering information on anything that was asked of him. It suited the stallion's nature perfectly.

Darkness had fallen over the land of Helovia, with the light of a waning moon kissing the canopy of trees stretching high above the stallion. He found a certain comfort in the night time, one that did not overcome him during the daylight. Spots of lights danced upon his striped hide, giving only a brief hint to his presence before he moved on, leaving the light to shine down upon the forest floor. He could tell that he wasn't alone here, for when he inhaled sharply, there was another's scent lingering.

And, surprisingly, it didn't take Crowley long at to find the culprit.

He had wandered upon a resting mare, and coming to a stop, he set his golden eyes upon her to drink in her appearance. If his eyes were correct in the dim light, she was of a smoky grey color, and a silvery horn protruded from her forehead. To lay out in the middle of the Threshold was a risky move, for who knew what dangers it held? Himself, for example... If he wanted to, he could suddenly set to pounding away at her head, stomping it in with a thrash of his hooves. But today, he would not.

"Wake up," he hissed, lifting a cloven hoof and stomping it roughly into the ground, "Before the monsters of the night come crawling out to get you."

ooc - That was not my best post, I am so sorry x.x
Word Count: 391

Walk Walk Walk
"Talk Talk Talk."
Think Think Think

Code generated by Tintedglass Layout Generator

Unregistered

Reverence
Calculating

Reverence was taken by surprise at this strange stallion. Not only did he wake her up, but he did so rudely and with a cold tone. "Wake up. Before the monsters of the night come crawling out to get you," he said. Groggily, she frowned at this. She didn't want company, not now. She wasn't ready to instate any part of her plan. Maybe this could be a head start on that? She hoped that it would be.
She shook herself awake and made sure she looked as alive as ever. More than ever. She didn't know this...thing. When she turned around she saw a very odd looking stallion. White stripes covered his body and two strange horns protruded form just above his eyes on both sides of his coat. His coat was of a very dark color, what exactly she couldn't tell in the shadows.
It only took her a second to compose herself and stand to her full 17.1 hands high. She looked down on whoever she was talking to, and grinned to herself as she did so. He wasn't so high and mighty now, was he?
With a menacing grin on her face and unmentionable thoughts in her head she snapped back to the stallion, "Oh really, you don't say" she scoffed. Slowly, calculatingly, she strode in circles around the stallion. Her otherwise black eyes glinted with a hint of light from the moon and her lion tail whipped behind her.
"So whom do I owe the pleasure of this little encounter, hm?"
Then she approached the front of him and stood closely to his face, all legs squared underneath her. She took her tail and put it underneath his chin, lifting it slightly. Tilting her head and narrowing her eyes, she asked, "Who are you?"

[ooc, I might be mia for like three days. My dad and I are going out of the country but I'll reply if I can! I'm almost positive I'll be able to but just incase...I thought I'd warn you (: ]

"."

Crowley was silent as the smoky mare rose to her feet, standing an impressive height taller than himself. The difference didn't bother him in the least, however, and when he spotted the grin upon the other's face, his own began to take form. 'Let her think as she pleases,' came the thoughts inside his head, 'She'll only learn her place all the more quickly.'

Just as the stallion opened his mouth to begin to speak, he was cut off when the unicorn dared to pace circles around him. Did she really think she was so great? For one who had been crashed against a tree just moments ago, she had guts to be acting in such a manner. It was enough to bring a chuckle from his throat, and at her question, he finally spoke up. "The name is Crowley," he answered, keeping his golden eyes upon her even as she put herself nose-to-nose with him. It reminded him briefly of his previous encounter here with Dakini and Aryel.

"I would be careful, lest I bite that beautiful tail right off." He remarked, that ever present smirk plastered on his face. If she acted like this to him, a complete stranger, how would she get along with Psyche? The Empress wouldn't put up with such an act, and Crowley would die to be able to watch the act unfold. "You know," he continued, "It isn't polite to ask for a name without giving your own, sweets."

ooc - Sorry about the wait, I've been busy, and have a lot of posts to catch up to!

Walk Walk Walk
"Talk Talk Talk."
Think Think Think

Unregistered

Reverence
Calculating

"The name is Crowley." He said as she stood inches away from his face. "I would be careful, lest I bite that beautiful tail right off." He spoke the words with confidence, a confidence that was earned.
If any games are to continue, best tone it down, Reverence thought to herself. This stallion is of importance, he could be a valuable asset should I play this correctly. One catches more flies with honey, after all... It wouldn't be any fun to only get a taste. I must have the whole jar.
She stepped back and lowered her head with an unoticable smirk on her face that was concealed in the shadows. She liked the shadows, but it seemed almost too easy at times. When everything is hidden where is the joy in winning? The advantage is already at hand. In broad daylight is where battles are truly won. When the sun is shining nothing can be hidden. Her heart thumped just a bit harder and her mind raced just at the thought. That is what she must have; that game is the best of all. The stallion spoke again, breaking her thoughts, "You know, it isn't polite to ask for a name without giving your own, sweets."
She maintained her lowly posture and raised only her eyes when she spoke. She looked more like a ghost than a horse. With her coat in the night she was neither here nor there and her onyx eyes could have been born out of a plague. Her soul was fashioned out of something far worse, something that inspired torture, fear, and agony. "Reverence. I apologize for my rude, rash, and unsanctioned behavior. I hope you will forgive me?" She didn't raise her body as she spoke and instead, after waiting a customary few seconds, dropped her chest to the forest floor. It was a large bow and she did so convincingly, completely tucking her head underneath herself and assuming a position of great vulnerability.

[It's fine! Haha (: Their encounter is...heated? interesting? lol ]

"."

For a moment, the mare seemed to think his words over quite thoroughly. Crowley remained silent for a moment, allowing her enough time to come up with whatever it was. Only seconds later did the smoky colored mare back away, putting a more comfortable distance between them. She had dropped her head as well, and at this, Crowley was admittedly a bit confused. The change in attitude was remarkable, and the stallion could only guess that she had some weird personality disorder, or she was smart enough to know when to tone it down. Hopefully, it was the latter.

When he asked of her name, only her eyes lifted to gaze upon him. Her name was Reverence; it meant deep respect, and that was just what she was showing him. He would show the same in return, at least to some extent, and so he dropped his head in a short nod at her plead for forgiveness. "You're quite fine, lovey," he spoke up, "I just hope that you will not treat my brethren like that; they will not take kindly to it. Now..."

He trailed off for a moment, his mind wandering for a brief second. If she wanted, he would lead her to the snowy Aurora Basin, where she would be offered a home, protection, and company. However, mention of the Plague would remain silent for now. If she wished to become a member of the organization, she would have to show some sort of worth to the group, and find out about it in some other way first. And then, she would need to go through Psyche to gain entrance. Only the future would tell on that matter, however.

Now, he fell back into his words, a gentle smirk pulling at his lips once more. It was a pleasure to see her face pressed into the ground, bowing to him like some grand king -- which, in his mind, he was -- and wished dearly that someone would do it more often. "If you value your race, Reverence, then follow me to the Aurora Basin. It is where only the purest of unicorns reside, and I've not a doubt in my mind that you will find it a lovely place."

ooc - Definitely! ^^

Walk Walk Walk
"Talk Talk Talk."
Think Think Think

Unregistered

Reverence
Calculating

"You're quite fine, lovey, I just hope that you will not treat my brethren like that; they will not take kindly to it. Now..." He left the sentence and for a few seconds was deep in thought, pondering something quite furiously. Reverence assumed it had something to do with her, or something was burdening him? She didn't know but something was definitely preoccupying his mind. He began again, "If you value your race, Reverence, then follow me to the Aurora Basin. It is where only the purest of unicorns reside, and I've not a doubt in my mind that you will find it a lovely place."
At this, the statuesque mare raised from her bow, slowly, and looked deeply into the stallion's eyes. If he was true of his word, either that or a skilled liar, he would not quiver or retreat at her stare. It wasn't a challenging stare; it was more benign than anything.
The chill stood between them and neither budged. Winds whipped around them and they didn't move in the slightest. Time stood still in the space between them and both recognized it but nothing was said.
Taking a small step forward and lowering her neck just a tad, so that it would fall below Crowley's, she spoke softly, "Yes, that would be quite lovely." As she spoke, her lips engulfed the words and she embraced them. She embraced this opportunity.
Well isn't this turning out wonderfully? Everything will soon fall into place. Her thoughts were silently directed at Crowley and whoever lay where they were headed, One should only need a pawn to lead me to the queen. If being sweet as honey is what it takes to catch the flies I need, I shall encompass all of the honey that the world has ever produced. Ha! I shall be sweeter than any earthly honey. Her thoughts rambled on for quite some time as she waited for the stallion to respond. In a strange way, she had a habit of having creepy discussions with herself. A sort of one-sided conversation of the most gruesome sort. Should one ever see her true thoughts they would surely soon perish.

[haha, I'm really enjoying this. (; ]

"."