the Rift

Be great in act, as you have been in thought. [rescue]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
 Kri</style>

"You cannot call forth the settled past to defend spontaneous aggression," I say as she speaks of our former barrages. I would not stand for her lies or impudent view of two completely separate situations. Their recent string of stealths had nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with ours launched previously. The only defense they held was that of past transgressions on our part. Apparently, in the face of these idiots who would not know the a spark from the flame, it was the same matter. However, it was not. "Aurelius and Elizabeth came to remain within my borders after we attempted to defend ourselves from becoming captives in the Basin. For your logic to work, I would have been expected to stand idly by as my allies and herd were put in danger by your kin to remain upon neutral terms with the Basin herd." My voice grows into one dangerous tone as I look at her. "To stand watch as my beloved family is thrown into danger to keep a false face of neutrality is unacceptable and complete horse shit. Surely you will at least agree with that."

Sweet, honeyed words could only carry one so far when the message is fractured and incomplete. I need not walk away blameless, but if it was anyone's fault for Basin members being held within my borders, it was the thieves who had taken my allies and tried to steal my very family from behind my back. I bore no ill-will toward this brave girl who spoke to try and free her comrades, but annoyance was beginning to flush through my skin, ears slowly tilting back as I fight the urge to gnash my teeth at the redundancy and nullity of her argument. Finally, the mare cuts through some of the crap and gets to a point I can actually agree upon. We are both weary souls, tired of fighting. "Aye," I say, my voice quiet and calm. "We are tired." No matter how tired, I was still doomed to continue fighting. If there were no immediate threats, however, perhaps I could catch my breath.

Lady Psyche. My ear flicks back uncertainly, as I think that surely Psyche would be the one who would be the most unwilling to make a truce. However, I had a feeling that Lena did not come here without the queen of her land knowing. The mare with the red mane speaks next, and I nod at her words, my face contemplative. I look toward Azzuen, who still stands stark between Elizabeth and the others. "Gather Aurelius," I say to him, my voice solemn. "The prisoners will return to their home with their kin and me." My dark eyes flicker back toward Lena's face, voice steady. "I will speak to your Lady. I believe the return of your brethren should melt any iceberg on her shoulder to a manageable size."

A gruff, masculine smile on my lips, perhaps the most friendly expression the bay mare will ever see from me.

[ OOC: to the Basin? ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Be great in act, as you have been in thought. [rescue] - by Kri - 01-30-2013, 04:07 PM