the Rift

Aspiring Fires[OPEN]

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon
Photobucket

The leaf-dappled sunshine filtering through the trees overhead flickered as a wind rustled the canopy. The signs of spring were all around, noticeable in the birds that busied themselves with building nests, in the bucks that fought for the right to mate, in the budding flowers that covered the dogwoods, and in the primroses that were giving the atmosphere a fragrant quality. The undergrowth would shiver as a large brute forced the bracken and bramble tendrils to part ways. The thorns raked against his dun-hued body in a pleasurable manner and as he walked onwards, his dark ears flicked forwards in interest.

The stallion flexed his neck into an arch and stretched his stride to resemble a lilting trot. He reached a deer track and followed the path towards... well, wherever his hooves could take him, really. For the first time in a long time, the stallion felt free. He had been forced to leave his spiteful lead mare behind and now that she and all the pressing matters of the herd were no longer a problem for him, he could do as he pleased. He'd almost forgotten what it felt like to be a bachelor stallion. The idea that there were no responsibilities weighing on his back, was a luxury he intended to cherish.

The stud bucked out his hind legs in exuberance. He almost felt like he had dropped a ton of seasons and was 7 years old again. He didn't know if this was because of the spell that only spring could weave in the minds of all male beings that made even the oldest of stags feel like they could kick down a mountain, or if it was truly due to his celebration of independence. Still, he had not been completely buck-wild since he came to Helovia. He'd been busy.

A new land meant new faces, new rules, new government, and new territories to conquest. He'd been busy gathering information on all the lands and their leaders to get a feel for where he wanted to rule from. First things first, however, he needed to make his presence known. So far, he had skirted around a direct challenge, or a meeting of any sort. A confrontation was inevitable, and thus he was here. Trotting through the land that unclaimed horses usually were either claimed or exiled. He had no intention of being "claimed." he was not an old mare to be staked a claim upon. The idea made him toss his mane in disgust as he trotted ahead.

Eventually, an unknown scent crossed his nose and forced him to a halt. He raised his head up high and peered through the lively, green shadows of the forest. pricking his ears to catch the sound of approaching hooves. Let the games begin.

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I saw a dun horse walking along the fresh, growing grass. I loved being out here in the fresh air. I enjoyed how the birds sat on their little perches singing out their spring songs. The sound of it made me happy to the core. The flowers scent fluttered into my nose. I took a deep breath in.

I saw him trotting freely. It was truly loved the forest, and it truly did make a soul feel free. I felt happy for him. I was still deciding if I should go to him and talk to him. I still had to asses if he was bad or good. I saw the bucks fighting for the female. It was interesting to see them fight. Males have always been so competetive. The bucks clashed their heads together, with their horns trying to pierce. It was enjoyable. I felt so happy, and peaceful here. The flowers were growing everywhere.

I didn't even try to hide the fact I was there, as I walked out of the trees, revealing myself. He seemed a little bit hasty, but I still wanted to see his reaction. He seemed decent. Right?

"blah blah blah"

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Oh how Phaedra had changed since she walked through the very glade that Catillatio found himself in. She had come to this land frightened out of her wits - the sort who would run regardless of who came calling. She had come here vowing never to fall in love, yet had foolishly done so. Her green gaze clouded for a moment as she thought of Tolio, but those thoughts were quickly banished. She would never let his weakness influence her again. The only trait she really had retained, were her skills when it came to men. Phae was a natural beauty, even moreso now that she exuded confidence and did not cower before others as she once did. There was a time that Phae flirted with men for protection; so that they would see her as some beautiful thing that was theirs to protect and do with what they pleased. Now, after joining the Grey she didn't feel as though she needed constant protection, but that had never stopped her from flirting.

Today, she was teaching Stella, her companion, how to spy. The small black and white bird sat on her withers, peering around with great interest. Stella, a secretary bird, resembled a crane in many ways, but had the hunting instincts and drive of a bird of prey. Her brilliantly coloured orangey-yellow face surveyed the area, before finally looking back to Phae. She opened her mouth to trill, which Phae deftly indicated not to, with a curt shake of her head. Closing her mouth sulkily, Stella nodded towards where the mare and stallion where, looking inquisitively at the sooty mare. Phae nodded, and silently moved through the glade, towards the two.

As Phae entered, the sunlight filtered off of her sooty palomino coat brilliantly, highliting her odd bird-catcher spots. Her cool green gaze apprised the stallion with great interest, completely ignoring the mare. Phae had a dislike of mares, but at least this one was ground bound, and posed no threat to her. Still, she just appeared to be...standing there. Maybe they had both entered the glade at the same time..? Still, the mare did not seem like she would fit in with The Grey, but the stallion on the other hand...Her green gaze sparkled as she cocked her head flirtatiously towards the large dun stallion. She strode towards him with an almost feline slink, her wavy sandy mane falling in loose curls to her shoulders, neatly covering the large green amulet that she wore. She smelled of cinnamon and lilac - her scent wafting towards him on the light breeze. Halting a few feet away, her green gaze once again washed over him with interest. "Welcome to Helovia" She said demurely, her words light and conversational.

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Loon
Photobucket

The sound of approach caused the dusty auds of the stud to flick in two different directions. By the scent, they were both mares. Without moving an inch, his eyes gazed across the clearing to see the first of the two approach him. He fixed her with an unreadable stare. The stallion's eyes were an acidic green, the kind of green that would burn through the skull if you stared at them for too long. They were filled with the savage beauty of all things carnivorous. Beautiful in it's predatory stare, and equally as terrifying. Like staring into the hypnotic gaze of a cobra.

He said nothing to the mare as she approached, finding amusement in her cautious step. She was right to be careful. She had no way of knowing the hell she was getting herself into, should she socialize with him. His other guest appeared not shortly after the first, however, the second one was more interesting to him, for many reasons. He knew she was confident and that she was used to getting what she wanted from stallions by the way she carried herself, confident. The Pegasus knew what she was doing, but would she know she was sticking her leg in a snake pit?

He moved passed the first mare, ignoring her completely, it seemed, however, he still had one ear trained on her. He approached the sooty palomino with dignity and a certain amount of nonchalance in his stride. "I know where I am, you need not welcome me to this land. I've been here for quite some time. Staking the land, gathering information, finding targets, enemies, and those that I should seek out as allies. This land has a spreading plague, and it starts with me. You know not what you step in on, milady. These are dangerous affairs."

He pawed the earth once with a powerful foreleg as he spoke, looking from one mare to the other and back again.

Deceased

PHAEDRA

Phae's green gaze watched with interest as the stallion brushed past the other mare, moving forcefully in her direction. She was not surprised, of course, to be the focus of his attention; that was her intention all along. She stood straighter as his approach ended, her hooves perfectly spaced to demonstrate her impeccable heritage; her andalusian lines added length to her lithe frame, while her arabian heritage made her slender and dainty. She did have to look up into the stallion's eyes, for he stood taller than she by several inches. In doing so, she took the opportunity to toss her head ever so slightly as she elevated it, causing her sandy mane to flow in waving curls down to her shoulders. Phae smiled wryly as the stallion spoke of stalking the land and gathering information. Bullshit. she thought, as an amused smiled brushed her lips. Her head tilted skeptically as she waited for him to finish.

For a moment, she was unsure how to proceed. She could simply put him in his place - she was a spy after all, and knew for a fact that he had not be scouring Helovia, at all. Or, she could simply continue to be her vixen-self, and let him think that his facade was working. Perhaps a little of both?

"Have you now?" She asked, slinking forward, her eyes wide with feigned interest. "How interesting that we haven't run in to each other yet." She cooed, her voice flirtatious. Now only about a foot away from him, she pressed herself closer, though not touching his body, just enough to make the primitive emotive part of him aware of her decidedly feminine presence. Passing his flank now, she turned her head to look into his odd green eyes. "For I am a spy for a mercenary group here>" She confided, ever proud to be a part of the Grey. Although the accusation was light, it was unmistakable. He stank of the threshold; he hadn't been anywhere else in Helovia, but if he knew anything about The Grey at all, he should know better than to bullshit one of their spies, especially when it came to spying. As she continued around the back of him, she let her concern with his lies wash off of her; it didn't matter anyway. And if he wanted to play the part of a spy, maybe he would have a place in The Grey, after all. As the flanked his left side now, she extended one of her wings, moving to trail her longest flight feather along the odd markings on his side. The touch would be soft and delicate, strong only enough to illicit a pleasurable sensation. As she did this, she again met his gaze. "A plague you say?" She inquired demurely, trailing her feather along the muscles of his shoulder, in what she intended to be a gesture which would make him feel more masculine. As she finished her circle, standing in front of him again, her gaze glowed with a deep sensual light. "How fascinating."

[OOC: Skipping Orinthia as per the 48 hour rule, and with Loon's permission.]

Orinthia Posts: 132
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 17 hands :: 4 years
Orinthia

Orinthia

text text text

I saw behind Phaedra's flirtatious display. She was pissing me off, with her 'How bull this guy is", I resisted the urge to kick her flirtatious ass. What was this feeling raging within me. Jealousy? And the stallion. He looked at us with acidic green eyes, that seemed to burn holes into our skins, but with my intimidating height, horses didn't really intimidate me. Yes, I was being cautious at first, because I didn't want to get into any fights. Both of them were much lower than me. My towering height gave me an advantage.

The stallion seemed arrogant, and what would I say? The dominating type. So he was scanning the land to take it over. Who did he think he was? The freaking gods? I straightened myself up a little bit, to make an impression before I spoke. "I believe I know what I'm doing", I said, a little bit rudely to the stallion, not wanting to be treated like a foal. "And, you smell of flowers, and spring. You haven't been anywhere else but the threshold", I said looking at him. I didn't give a crap if I was getting myself into deadly trouble. I hated the feeling of being treated as a subordinate. Yes, I was a loner, but as long as I had a sturdy head on my shoulders, I did as I wanted to do. I knew he was speaking to Phaedra, but I rudely butted myself in. What the heck was I doing?

"And what do you mean, by plague?" I said, keeping my cool, but maintaining a firm voice. I started thinking back at the racist female unicorn that was challenging me. They were the real plague. Fury coursed at my veins thinking about her. I shook the thought off, and focused on the present. This stallion, was dangerous, I could see it now. Malice, and domination were present in his eyes. He couldn't take over the Threshold. He had no way of stopping newcomers of coming in. I smiled inwardly, at how naive he really was about Helovia.

I saw Phaedra tracing the stallion's muscles with her wings, and flirting with him. "And anyways, how are you going to take over this land. You and what army?" I calmly said. How unprepared he was.

occ: Sorry for not replying in so long. :) Just really busy!

"blah blah blah"

Loon
Photobucket

As the pegasus made her move to circle around him, he realized she was pulling him into a trap. She made her first mistake thinking she could force him to admit to lying, even though he had not. Her second mistake was thinking that her flirtatious behavior was working because it wasn't. He snorted at the feel of her feather on his skin and kicked out roughly with a hind leg to dig the hoof into the ground with impatience. He fixed her with a glare of intense, controlled rage.

The black mare made her mistake in assuming that he smelled of Spring and dirt. True, he took on the scent of this place because he'd been here for 3 days, but taking a deeper whiff of him would reveal the scents of ice, salt, and ash, indicating that he'd been to the north, and to the west, passing Helovians Heart on the way at least twice. There were also traces of pine sap, and stone. He'd been everywhere. He did not waver his gaze away from Phaedra, not once.

"A good spy gathers intelligence without bringing attention to himself. If you want proof that I've been here longer than I let on, fine. I know that this land is called Helovia, and that it is ruled by gods and goddesses, just like my homeland. However, where mine had 8, this place only has four, the gods of sun, moon, earth, and spark. I also know that this place is split into four main herds who make their homes in the general areas of the cardinal directions. Most of this I know from rumors that spread around my homeland, however I had not known they were true until I wound up here. I had to travel from the western shore to get to where I am now, so I've verified most of the rumors as true or false. I could even hazard a guess at your names, however, I won't embarrass myself by trying. My name is Catillatio. However, you may call me Tio. Still think I haven't been doing anything?"

He asked with a stern glance between the both of them. "If you'll excuse me, I have an army to build. I don't have time for exchanging pleasantries with a couple of mindless mares." He chided, pawing the ground with his forehoof in the familiar anticipation to be off... doing something productive.

Deceased

PHAEDRA

[OOC: Skipping Orithinia again...]

Phae regarded the mare with annoyance, but said nothing. She was still an ambassador for the Grey, and would not break her democratic appearance for this irksome mare, who seemed to be simply be repeating what Phae had already said. Still...if she ever met her in a field somewhere when no one was around...Maybe then they could have a little chat. The idea brought a small smile to her lips. Phae was, after all, undefeated in battle. Even if the number of challengers was small...or...well, 1. She had had won her first and only spar. But still, that is technically undefeated.

She listened to the stallion speak, with a dull amusement. He knew common things, and, she was sure, was bluffing when it came to knowing their names. But her interest in him was quickly diminishing. She didn't like stallions who were all talk, and normally her little show of stalking around them, gently touching them, brought some sort of reaction. She had thought maybe he was a player, when he strode towards her earlier, ignoring Orinthia. Now however, he just seemed full of himself. Still think I haven't been doing anything? He asked, to which Phae answered with a silvery laugh, her eyes flirtatiously locking on his. "Sugar, sounds like you've been doing plenty, but I wouldn't say any of it is useful. You haven't learned anything that a foal doesn't already know, and for all the good its done you - You're still standing here in the threshold like some babe, waiting to be taken in." Flicking her tail, she regarded him patiently as he spoke again.

If you'll excuse me, I have an army to build. I don't have time for exchanging pleasantries with a couple of mindless mares.

At this, Phae did fully and genuinely laugh. "You'd lecture me on what a good spy you are and call me mindless? When your intention is to build an army? Have you no idea who I am?" She snorted, and tossed her head, causing her sandy mane to flutter down her neck in beautiful waves, catching the light brilliantly. She drew herself up to her full height, spreading her large tawny wings. Although she was lithe and slender, she was just shy of being taller than average, and exuded confidence and self-assurance. "I am Phaedra, a spy for the mercenary group The Grey. Should you wish to start any sort of anything in Helovia, Tio, you'd do well not to alienate us." Her eyes had narrowed as she spoke, and the flirtatiousness had dulled in her voice, and she spoke with the quick diplomacy that she had heard Phi and Ktu address others in, in the past. Certainly this stallion did not need to align himself with The Grey, one way or the other, but he would be an idiot to immediately alienate them. How would he possibly begin an army, if she had already alerted all of the herd leaders to his presence? He would be outcasted immediately. With so much turmoil in the herds already, someone looking to start something, would not be looked on kindly.

Loon
Photobucket

Actions "Speech" Thought

By the gods, this mare is either very brave, or the worst of the idiots.

Tio's ears flickered, as though he were fighting the urge to flatten them against his skull. A blazing rage had begun to boil beneath his exterior and his mask of chivalry was cracking. The insanity was beginning to unravel itself for her to see, as the rage he felt smoldered in his eyes and caused his scarred nostrils to flare. If either of these mares had any sense at all, they would both run. However, Tio was managing to keep himself under control... for now.

"I meant no affront, my dear Phaedra. Keep in mind that I have not been here long enough to gain any actual knowledge of my new home. I do find myself, however, in need of a guide. You'd be useful to me, if you feel so inclined. Think about it Phaedra...." Tio snorted as he began to mirror her earlier actions and circle her. His muddy tresses falling into his eyes as he lowered his head in a snake-like motion. As a stallion, this behavior was typical of a male whose intent was to add a mare to his herd.

In Tio's case, he was actually scrutinizing her from every angle, judging her physical condition and through that, guesstimating how much use she would be to him. Tio's methods for conquest were simple- he needed a band to challenge a lead, and the first thing he usually looked for were mares. In his mind, he could not be considered a worthy stud that other stallions would follow, if he could not keep control of at least 4 mares. In any case, he was unused to not having a small harem following him wherever he went and that made him all the more determined to win this one over. He seemed to have forgotten all about the black draft breed behind him. He'd had more than his fair share of heavyweights in his life, and he didn't want to be reminded of her by having Orinthia around on a regular basis.

"When I take a land for my own, as my first follower, you would be justly rewarded by becoming my lead mare. I think you would be beautiful as a Sultana, or a Queen... where we attack all depends on where you think we should go." His Tennessean drawl softened as he spoke, trying to persuade her to follow him. The rage in his expression dissipated to one of apology. If anything, Tio was skilled in the art of seduction. He'd only ever had one rejection from a mare in his entire life and it was best that he not think of her either.

When he completed his circle, he stood in front of her and raised his head to look her in the eyes. "What do you say? Will you be my guide?" He asked, still putting on the masculine charms of a master. When he'd stopped, he'd actually stopped into a position that was... well, handsome in it's way, expressing all the best parts of his conformation. His weight was squared on his front legs and his back legs were stretched out behind him, causing the muscles in his hindquarters to bulge lightly with the strain. It also caused his back to slope beautifully and his tail carriage to be more pronounced. His neck was thick and sloping and his mane, while tangled and splashed with white, fell in a cascade down both sides of his neck, wherein, the poll section fell on his left, the majority of it of his right, and the wither section was split in half and fell on both sides.

Deceased

PHAEDRA

She nodded her approval as his attitude towards her changed, ignoring the moment of rage which seemed to overcome him. He would be stupid to attack her, even someone new to Helovia would be a fool not to see it. She was not just some mare out of hundreds in a herd; the Grey would be aware if something happened to her, she was almost sure of it. She was not their only spy, and the uncanny way they all showed up when needed, was proof that they would come to her aid, if ever she needed it.

Think about it Phaedra He said, circling her. She was still standing tall - her wings stretched out dramatically as he made his loop. She of course, didn't mind at all having his eyes scrutinizing her - she was a find specimen to behold. She was a natural beauty, with graceful slender limbs, and enough height to make her taller than the average mare, without being bulky and cumbersome. Her coat was a deep sooty tan color, with quaint bird-catcher spotting on her shoulders, and a few around her eyes, like beauty marks. Yet under all of that, a quiet confidence had grown since Ophelia had first taken her into the Grey. Once shy and easily frightened, Phae was now confrontational and bold. I think you would be as beautiful as a Sultana, or a Queen... Phae appreciated the flattery, and, held her head a little higher in recognition of his words. She already was that beautiful. She didn't need a title to tell her that.

What do you say? Will you be my guide? Phae's dazzling green gaze washed over the stallion was he completed his circle, so stand before her. She watched as he strategically placed himself to accent all of his best features - of which there were many. He was handsome, to be sure, other than the weird almost sickly light in his eyes. Those were still slightly unsettling. "As a member of The Grey, I may not align myself with any other group. That being said Tio, I would caution you to those who would toss their allegiances so quickly, at an offer of power. They are the type to do the same to you. As a guide however..." She slunk forward, her femininity washing over her with each delicate step towards him. "Follow me.." She crooned seductively, flicking her tail gently towards his chest as she past, flirtatiously; wafting her sweet scent of cinnamon and lilac towards him.

[OOC: I think they could have fun together! Where would you like to go next?]