the Rift

My Bleeding Heart, In Your Hands [Closed, Phaedra]

Tolio Posts: 110
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.3hh :: 6 Years 8 Months Buff: NOVICE
Brit

T o l i o
more that meets the eye

Presence of another isn't hard to detect. It seems that whoever it is hasn't seen him, for no greeting is said and no sound of surprise or recognition reaches his ears. Tolio remains where he is, in the half chilled water. It is so unlike the springs of the Basin that he is almost glad. His loyalties are another problem weighing heavily on his slim shoulders, and he doesn't want to think over them now. A bird soars overhead, but liquid silver irises don't move to watch it. Even as it tilts its head at him curiously, trilling out in that soft way that only birds have. A voice sounds from behind him and a ripple of tension moves up his shoulders. The fight is back on between the two sides of him. Phaedra. Why did she have to show up now? When all his defenses had been lowered, and he was helpless at her hooves once again? It's like deja vu compared to what happened in the Steppe. He had been unprepared then as well. She is calling her companion to her, and he stares at the bird now. It seems she's been bonded to the creature. How nice. Tolio feels so terribly lonely in that moment and envies her for this special connection.

Her bird doesn't listen, sitting in the water and pouting. If birds can pout that is. The snapping of Phaedra's tail is heard easily, but Tolio has yet to move. Staring down at his reflection once more he lets out a deep sigh. Feeling as if it comes from the very bottom of his soul and shakes the marrow of his bones on the way out. "Is my company truly so unpleasant, even in my silence, that you would wish to flee immediately?" What side is this again? Original, it has to be. His words are far too soft, too sorrowful to be his normal exuberant self. Tolio feels old. In every way. Weary of the entire world. Tired of fighting, of thinking, of always messing up in one way or another. Even so he remains where he stands. Perfectly still, back to Phaedra. Should she wish she could easily attack him and he wouldn't be able to protect himself. Even if he could he would let her. He loved her, of course. But he just didn't understand what he had done wrong.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Bleeding Heart, In Your Hands [Closed, Phaedra] - by Tolio - 12-28-2012, 11:43 PM