the Rift

My Bleeding Heart, In Your Hands [Closed, Phaedra]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[Image: 50bfc82451215]

PHAEDRA

Phae had prepared for this moment; she had run the scenario of encountering Tolio endless times in her mind. Each time she was witty, poised, beautifully uncatchable, and each time he begged for forgiveness and swore to never speak to that wretched Faelene again. Now however, she only felt small and unprepared for the emotions which washed over her: anger, regret, jealousy, and love. It was a noxious concoction, one which literally made her knees feel weak, and her stomach to twist in knots. Is my company truly so unpleasant, even in my silence, that you would wish to flee immediately? For a moment, she fancied that from this vantage point, she could seriously wound him - perhaps leap onto his exposed back and shatter some vertebrae. It felt good to think of injuring him, as if that act would release all of her built up tension and frustration. But the sooty mare stood immobile next to the ring of trees.

"Your silence is the problem." She heard herself say, voice cold and distant. Later, she would replay this conversation over and over in her head, always finding better things she could have said. For now however, it was the best she could do, regardless of all of her mental preparation; that all seemed to disappear when she saw him standing there. "Stella" She again insisted, moving her gaze from Tolio's back, to the bird floundering in the water next to him. The little bird turned her head upwards, defiantly, like some small child testing their parents boundaries. She extended a wing, and tauntingly splashed water in Phae's direction, awaiting her reaction. However, as the little bird saw the water lob into the air, catching the light, she trilled with delight and began splashing about in the water. Eyeing the large cinnamon stallion eagerly, she flicked water towards him as well, cooing for him to join in her little game.

I did my best, it wasn't much.
I couldn't feel, so I tried to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.
And even though it all went wrong
I'll stand before the Lord of Song
With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Bleeding Heart, In Your Hands [Closed, Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 12-29-2012, 12:45 PM