the Rift

The Trickster's Way (Thor, Lakota, Sandman, Open)

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The bitterness of past memories drove me away from the Edge, though it still felt as if the mists clung to my heels and wrapped mercilessly around my heart. Some days I felt as if everything were just too much to bear, too much to take in… I wasn’t sure what it was about my past that nearly pushed me to insanity, but one day I was certain that I would find the cause. However, as of late, things had been getting better… Mirage was soon to return, Tamira was finally coming to reside with me in The Edge and I felt as if for once- I was whole. In the quiet of the Threshold, I found myself pondering all of the things that had given me so much life over the past year. I had been granted a marvelous home, a brilliant lead, and the most beautiful mare in which I shared my affections. If the Gods had not blessed me, then I couldn’t imagine the bliss I would experience once they did.

The early spring seemed fitting on Helovia as new sprouts of tender life began to emerge from the sod, peering up into the sky like small children seeking the light. It was a curious thing how life seemed to come and go throughout the seasons- it was nothing like the life I led. In fact, any life led here in Helovia of the equine nature. We all lived and died, but the beginning and the end were definite things, things that would never change when the seasons traded places. Sometimes I wished that it were that simple, to be given new life every spring and forget the past as if it had never really happened. But of course, there was no such thing, no such revelation that would inspire the essence of any one creature standing upon these grounds.

Ahead, the path seemed to narrow into the trees and the shade was pleasant upon my back. Misshapen wings shifted over my spine and I was hesitant to acknowledge their deformity, as I had yet to fully accept their fate. By now, I assumed that I would have grown accustomed to my flightless existence, but I knew that it would only be a matter of time until I found myself cruelly reminded of their futility.

However, all was quickly forgotten as the shadows emerged in the darkness ahead. There were two, one stallion and one mare. Their size and tunes were a dead giveaway, but I was reluctant to impose. Though, as I drew closer, it was hard to turn away.

He was a dashing black and built much like myself, tall and muscular. There was a glint in his eye that was unmistakably familiar, as if I had seen those eyes before, traced that face with my own gaze… The golden wingspan along his back was impressive, much unlike my own- though my family had doted upon both of us. It seemed as if everything were sliding into place, shifting into position and before I could stop myself, I had broken into the clearing. Something inside me raged and then died away, recognition becoming evident upon my face. Where had he been all these years?

I looked to the small mare at his side, clearly disinterested in her mere presence. She was not the one I was after. Again brown eyes gazed into those of green and my own voice seemed to throw me off guard, caught in a moment of surprise, of fear, of hurt…

My brother...

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trickster's Way (Thor, Lakota, Sandman?, Open) - by Thor - 12-28-2012, 02:54 AM
RE: The Trickster's Way (Thor, Lakota, Sandman?, Open) - by Sandman - 12-31-2012, 11:50 AM