the Rift

The Trickster's Way (Thor, Lakota, Sandman, Open)

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

It was rare, so very rare, for my slim figurine to venture away from the borders of my homeland. But that did not mean it never happened.

I left today in the tracks of another, a strong stallion who leant the strength of his body to us as a Protector, but longed to be a healer. Time would tell which way his path would bend; either course was honourable and I only hoped that he found contentment within the ranks soon. Thor, we had met upon the borders of our own homeland, uniting against fools who would disturb our peace. His large, titanic frame was easy enough to follow, my slim, pale chassis daintily stepping in his footsteps, some lengths behind him, but near enough that my ears do not miss what lays ahead.

A collection of words, and almost immediately tensions are stirred, tightened, and I am surprised to hear my own herdland mentioned as a sanctuary for this unknown beast.

Violet eyes peer around the bend of trees, and before me I see this; Two stallions, so different and yet to similar - related, of that I am now certain - and a mare, roan in hue, stubborn in stature and quick to paint her tongue with sarcasm and dry wit.

A brow of mine quirks upwards, curiosity painted upon my otherwise vacant façade. I dip my horn to the steed I know, stepping purposefully towards him - not so near as to suggest anything besides herdship, of course. "I trust you know to extend our home as a refuge only to those worthy to walk upon the sacred land of the moon, Thor?" My voice is gentle, soft, a whisper of a breeze, a harmony strung by an angel's harp. The question behind it carries a weight, a heaviness that warns the mahogany brute from endangering my home. With cool, clever pools switching their focus upon this Loki, I drink what I need in of his appearance, before deflecting to the mare.

"There is something more to you, isn't there?" Was it that I could see straight through her? Was it intuition? Or had I looked into the mists before this meeting, and known the outcome of these events before they even began to unfurl? My question was posed kindly enough, only with a gentle, subtle hint of my knowing nature tilting the tone of the words. An ear flicked, and I continue allowing my gaze to penetrate the roan's similarly hued pools.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trickster's Way (Thor, Lakota, Sandman?, Open) - by Hellena - 12-28-2012, 05:21 AM
RE: The Trickster's Way (Thor, Lakota, Sandman?, Open) - by Sandman - 12-31-2012, 11:50 AM