the Rift

The Trickster's Way (Thor, Lakota, Sandman, Open)

Sandman Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sandman
Do you know who I am? Good, neither do I.

There were several reasons for a horse to wander the Threshold. To seek a new home was the obvious one, lost creatures desperately seeking a place to belong. Then, there were those who came in the hopes of ushering these vagabonds to a herd, to swell the ranks of their ‘families’. Then, there was Sandman’s reason. Sheer boredom.

Though, there didn't seem to be anyone worth bothering with here. He had seen the occasional scrawny specimen, and one rather violent looking unicorn, but he had no interest in such company. Why was it that in Frostfall he had managed to stumble across two lovely mares to distract him, but now in Birdsong there were none to be found? A sigh escaped the massive chestnut, and he lashed out with a forehoof in a rare display of temper. Yet, the motion was halted halfway when the wind shifted, carrying a most welcome scent to the stallion. The odor of several horses wove together, wrapping around him and luring him forward. Surely at least one of them would be worth playing with. One of the mares perhaps, or he’d even take a stag. It had been too long since he’d spent time in masculine company, and he was rather tired of being the knight in shining armor.

Words became distinct as he approached, some warm, some cold. There was potential here to cause chaos, to set the two sides against each other. Though, he wasn't in a very chaotic mood right now. Later, maybe, if he memorized faces and sought them out. It would be a simple enough task, should he decide it to be amusing enough. Figures were coming into view now, the trees reluctantly giving up their protective screen. First, the silvery dove, radiant against the green and brown trees, beautiful and delicate. She seemed almost wise however, someone who could see through the illusions of others, and that made her dangerous to him. Not a creature he wanted to stay near for long.

Next came a massive black and gold stallion, the current speaker, and this one captivated Sandman. Sneering, angry, yet reining it in. Then, more importantly, admitting to a need to wander rather than settle into a permanent home. An easy smile crossed the chestnut’s face as he sauntered forward. “Perhaps I could be of some help then. I’m somewhat of a gypsy myself, and I’d be glad to show you around a bit. Interested?”

Eyes flicker to the remaining two, evaluating them for entertainment value. The other draft pegasus, small-winged but still impressive, seemed a bit too tame, and carried the distinctive scent of World’s Edge. He doubted this one would want to roam around Helovia. And the blue roan seemed too cold, too fierce. Another lady he couldn't use. A pity, but unavoidable. Win some, lose some. At least the unipeg might be tempted to come with him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trickster's Way (Thor, Lakota, Sandman?, Open) - by Sandman - 12-31-2012, 11:50 AM