the Rift

The Trickster's Way (Thor, Lakota, Sandman, Open)

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
He was certainly a sight to behold; all foolishness and childish naivety, though I was hesitant to think so coarsely of him because of our relation. But sometimes, it seemed that I doubted his character on more than one level. It was in my heart that I longed for his company back to The Edge, but at times I doubted his resolve. Perhaps it was a weakness of mine, always looking for perfection in places that were not always honorable. Though, it also seemed that while I hadn’t the courage to voice my own opinions, there was always someone who did.

Hellena was something of a welcome sight because I was more than happy to find her wandering beyond our home in The Edge. I had seen her but once while investigating the two mongrels who had come to play at our borders, in which she had appeared to be just as demanding as she was wise. But, I couldn’t help but wonder what had brought her to my company today, after all, my half-brother was certainly nothing like Tribute and his negro minion. However, as she spoke out against our reunion, it was hard to imagine her saying much else. It did somewhat surprise me, but it seemed she was nearly almost always associated with any affairs concerning The Edge. I had no reservations to her approach, but I did wish that my nomadic half-brother could follow suit. There wasn’t much that I could do to amend our Seer’s opinion on him after he had so strongly abused his powers and insulted her at length and there was certainly nothing that I could say in the way of defending him. I had devoted my time and effort into becoming a valiant member under Mirage’s rule and today, it would seem, was no different.

Looking at her now, so frail in the light of the new spring, I knew that I was faced with a choice. I could betray everything that I had worked for since the beginning of my time in Helovia, or I could support my blood in his moronic games in which he thought himself victorious. One day I would have to speak with him of benevolence and respect- but that was saved for another day. Instead, I nodded to my Seer, eager to appease her anxieties about Loki. “Family beseeches me, my friend. I should only hope that my Brother would respect my wishes enough to know how close The Edge is kept to my heart."

But, it would not appear so.

His sharp tongue was trilling yet again, lashing out as I knew he would to the harmless comment made by my superior. If contempt had been an expression that I wore more willingly, he would have seen it then. I was not pleased with his behavior towards Hellena, but I was forced to hold my tongue, knowing that reckoning with him would only bring more chaos. So it was easy to distract myself with the Seer’s interest in the stubborn mare that had come upon my own brother before I. Their exchange however, was little more than vague and uninteresting after the turn of events leading up to my current annoyance in Loki. It seemed like everything was happening so fast that I was even distracted enough to miss the approach of a Palomino draft.

He was a curious sight, as I had yet seen or heard of him before and so I was reluctant to lower my head and offer him greeting. But it was what was expected of me, as courteous as I was taught to be. He did, however, ease my restless mind, offering instead to assist my brother in his rather aimless travels. He had a wild look about him in such that his eyes were full of restlessness and unease. But in whatever situation, I only wished that my brother would learn from him and grow. After all, I hadn’t the time to spend on him with the nearing approach of Mirage’s return. “I understand my Brother and only wish you luck in your future adventures. I’m sure we are to cross paths at some point, perhaps when we have discovered our fates…

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Trickster's Way (Thor, Lakota, Sandman?, Open) - by Sandman - 12-31-2012, 11:50 AM
RE: The Trickster's Way (Thor, Lakota, Sandman, Open) - by Thor - 01-03-2013, 01:55 PM