the Rift

First Hit Order, on a goddamn flower [Xira]

Rafe Posts: 30
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Tamme

ARM YOURSELF
Because no one else here will save you and I will replace you

The stallion was more than a little irritated. The need for death, blood and battle on this godforsaken land was beginning to test his patience, and he stalked rather quietly for his size into the sandy dunes. Of all the hit orders, he was given the task of trying to destroy a flower? A goddamn flower? After a life of murderous intentions and killing for money, he knew that this had to be the lowest of all of his quests. A fucking flower. Chestnut and ebony ears pinned against his skull, long, black mane flowing over his crest and onto his blue eyes.

Rafe moved in the shadows of a moonless night, the crisp breeze not doing a damn to get rid of his foul mood. Apparently the Earth God wanted him to try and destroy this flower, which was rather ironic considering that an Earth God should want to "save" pretty flowers. But, what did he know? A mare was supposed to be guarding this thing, apparently, and she had better just suck it up and do her job because the stallion was not interested in demeaning his ego any longer than he had to. As soon as he had done his duty to his rag tag bunch of misfits, he would leave.

He might leave permanently if the soft-hearted do-gooders continued to sit on their asses or try and be soft to new recruits. With a short grumble, he eyed the flower. He wanted to say that it was an ugly little shit, but in all honesty, it was rather pretty. Some of the roots grew out of the ground, and the petals seemed a faded color, somewhat pinkish. All in all, it seemed a rather unhappy flower; perhaps he would be putting it out of its misery. With a light shrug, the emotionless stallion lifted a solid hoof and poised to stomp down on the flora, hard.

Xira Posts: 67
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 hh :: 7 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kye :: Red-Footed Falcon :: Read Adoptable

XIRA</style>& kye</style>

No.

That was all the chestnut mare had to think or say or even try to do when she saw that stallion waltz in. No to his attitude and his trespassing, no to the look of distate set heavy upon his lips and no to his body. He was built like a fucking war machine, with swords coming out of his head and eyes that looked as though they'd seen many a kill, but she wasn't scared. She wasn't scared and she couldn't be, because he was standing right beside the flower she'd been told to protect- poised to crush it, and unknowingly poised to suffer himself.

"Leave the flower the fuck alone, or I will personally see to it that your brains hit dirt," Xira started with a step forward and out of the shadows where she had been resting. She cast a quick glance at the flower, which had only grown a little healthier in its time in the Oasis, before returning her navy blue orbs to rest on the stranger. Her threat was somewhat empty- she was skilled enough, but likely not as masterful with the hoof and jaw as the stallion before her. The comparison in size was laughable, and on her own she was hardly intimidating- it was the tone in her voice that might give him pause. The sensation given off that if she could not kill him herself, she would go to the ends of the earth to find someone or something that would, and would sacrifice anything for their service.

She wasn't going to let him get away with this; whoever he was. And though her whistle was low and barely audible to any but a trained ear, Kye heard, and Kye came. The bond may have been broken but the loyalty was not; the falcon swept down from the canopy without pause, claws outstretched to claw at the unicorn's eyes and drive him away. Through the flurry of feathers and the sound of her falcon's cries, she spoke in a voice seeped in hatred. "I don't know who you are," she began with a stamp of her foot and a step closer to her precious task, "or who sent you... but you're going to regret this." Her steps carried her closer to the flower and the stallion- her wings flared out and she bent them to cover the Earth God's gift as best as she could. She could only hope she hadn't been too late.

For if she had, it would all be ruined.

i was never one to believe the hype - save that for the black and white.
image by cleaneugene @ flickr.com</style>

Rafe Posts: 30
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Tamme

ARM YOURSELF
Because no one else here will save you and I will replace you

Now this was even more insulting. A mare the size of a filly who practically looked like a hairy tree herself was warning him that his own brain would most definitely be in danger. Rafe almost had a hard time processing the entire scene, and his hoof hovered over the plant, brow raised. Should he laugh? Should he just do his duty? Cold, blue eyes blinked as he stared at the mare in disbelief. "Truly?" he asked, not able to understand how this mare could have so little self awareness. "You are truly threatening me?" A harsh laugh moved past his lips. He raised a brow and sighed.

A bird flew at his eyes then, and he instinctively jerked his head downward, four horns becoming weapons and defense mechanisms at once. Still, the talons managed to remove the hair above his left eye just as he swung his head around, and she glared an emotionless stare. Blinking heavily, he grunted and moved his hoof away from the flower. She had spirit and courage to stand up against him, for as little good it would do her in the long run. "Do you deserve to protect this flower?" he asked, grunting. "I was given a task, and if you feel worthy of this.... damn flower, then tell me why."

The stallion paused and waited for her answer, the crisp breeze playing through his thick hair. A two toned tail billowed behind sloping hips. Cold, blue eyes watching, waiting. "You have spirit for such a tiny creature, I will give you that. But you should have more self-awareness. You could have used your size to your advantage, but you did not. Remember that next time someone large and more venomous than I comes stomping on your floor." Rafe grunted, not at all interested in trying to kill a flower, especially not if that damn bird was going to be an irritant. He would though, if her answer was not suiting.