the Rift

Handy Dandy Lies [Lace]

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

I drift through the fog like a boat lost at sea. The lands here have become so familiar they seem to ebb beneath my feet, pulling me where they will, rather than I plodding along them. Part of the change is in me I think. Finding some sort of purpose in this world has crafted me in mind and body in ways I did not think possible before. I have bloomed like some twisted flower of the night, feeding hungrily on moonlight rather than sun, shadow rather than water.

With these changes I have come to notice other things that need to change, other things that I need. My position comes with certain, situations which I must be able to play into to be worth anything. Until now I have always been able to provide for myself. Within this new lifestyle among a herd however, I must also provide for others, and they for I. Afterall, what I need serves the greater purpose of the herd. Without it I'd not have this rank, this task, this need.

I seek the glazier.

[post at your leisure please, there is zero rush for this. But Ink seeks something from Lace to be crafted.]
Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

The Glazier is not really hard to find.

Search for the quietest part of the forest. Pick a glen, ripe with green grasses and a trickling stream almost hidden beneath a layer of mist, where birds chirp peacefully in the canopy of the surrounding trees. Here's a hint. Follow the woodworks.

No, literally.

Because the Glazier is also the Carpenter, and he plays with his gifts this spring like a child might when locked in a toy-store for a full night. Ideas arrive, crafts are made, and once the deed is done they are left beneath the tree they were born from, while their creator moves on to fulfill his next idea.

Its his own personal workshop, and when nothing demands his attention, there is where he will be.

Noticing the approach of the inky one only when Fajira's voice ring out in a soft, warble to greet him, Lace allowed the attention from his most recent idea slip and raised the head, ears pointed and with a faint smile on the lips. Feet shuffled through the green grasses, bringing him silently through the mist to meet the never-speaking Wraith.

"Good day, my friend" he said with a slow away of the tail. "How unusual, for you to come see me. What can I do for you?" It wasn't often someone came to speak to him specifically. It made his chest feel warm, lit the eyes with honest warmth and broadened the smile as he halted before Ink, curious but patient as he knew getting an answer would require some effort from his part as well.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Hidden Account
Blu

I find him after some amount of meandering. I would be a fool to claim I have wandered all the miles that exist within this land, that I have overturned every rock and at least tickled every blade of grass with my whiskers. I know it well, but there is much that I still do not know. I would do well to keep that in mind. As with anyone I run the risk of lying to myself and wallowing in the pride of a job well done until my skin begins to rot with the stink.

I know I have come to right place once the trees begin to change though.

I pause briefly, my mission not so great of importance and my glazier as like to be home as not, to appreciate the craftstudship I see in the ornate carvings and sculptures. Absently I wonder if he needs anything painted.

I am pulled away from my casual studying by the soft chirrup of a dragon. I flick an ear, soon bringing my head in turn to set dark eyes upon the pale reptile and her sterling steed. They arrive from the mists like inverted shadows, bringing smiles and genial words. I return the sentiments, or at least the first. It spreads wider at the implications of the crafter, my eyes laughing as they well with knowledge and mirth at his truths.

It is not often a sneak seeks out anyone, I would point out to him. Would that I could, though perhaps better I cannot, as I think it sounds rather haughty in hindsight.

He poses the very question I would have of him. I'm new to this trade, as he's pointed out, and know little of what can be accomplished or dashed away as madmen dreams. I thought of requesting armor of him, as I know of the beauty he designed for the WingLeader, and I am in much need of protection with no muscles to do the job or training to save me otherwise. Though even the quietest of armor would be louder than my naked form; I cannot afford more noise than my hooves already manage. I also very much doubt it would shift with me and what a costly experience that would be as I fly to safety as an inky bird and the hulking flesh of glass would pile up like nothing more than ruble, easily taken by whatever foe I sought to flee. I am better equipped to run than stand and fight, I always have been.

So I've decided to take the offensive, and I seek a weapon. It's not a wooden spear or a sword of glass I want though, they're as worthless to me as the armor that would shield them away. I am in a class fraught with dangers of the mind and I need a tool of equal wit and wile.

I grin and it is a wicked thing. I imagine myself very clever for this, you see. I had not much considered myself a clever horse until I started my work here in the edge. Likely I am still not, but I've found then that I am normal and so many others dumb.

It will do me no good to sit here grinning like a fool at him, imagining my uses of something not yet made. I sweep my tail around me with a deft move born of practice. The great heap of hair lands smartly on the ground, a ring of ink spraying in its immediate area. With a meager flick I've crated my dream, my desire, my amulet.

I let it hang in the air for a moment before I tie it in a chain about the crafter's neck, for him better to see. He is familiar with the god's tears, as they are otherwise called, for I see them adorned on his body. Mine is dark and dull in comparison to the colorful and glittering stones he boasts. I need it to be just as beautiful and just as heavy as only the weight of a god's presence can be. Yet the blackness of my copy is fitting, for they will have no power. Respect Lace I do but no matter how high my thoughts he cannot do as a god does. It matters not though, the amulet needs only look a part not play one.

I quirk my head to the side, questioning him with a hopeful gaze as I let my ink slip from his breast like black worms.

Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

The gilded gaze is attentive as it lingers on the black frame of his quiet comrade - from interest in this peculiar steed, and from necessity. Be it that they have shared a home and family for many long months now, they had never spent much time in each others company. Lace was still not overly familiar with Ink's way of communicating, and thus it took him longer time to decipher his riddling pictures.

It certainly was quite entertaining to 'chat' with him though, especially when there was plenty of time to spare and no one was in a hurry.

From what he could deduce by the image of of an amulet that appeared first on the ground and them was placed around his own neck for the sake of clarity, Ink wanted him to craft something. And not just any something, but an amulet in the likeness off a godly tear, not unlike the one that hung down his shoulder, braided with a chain into the white mane.

The black brow furrowed in thought for a moment, well aware of the hopeful gaze he was given. It was pressuring, but in a good way; one that forced him to stretch the boundaries for what he was capable of.

When he looked up to meet that dark gaze, the smile still perched on the lips took a tone of reassurance.
"An amulet, then. It won't have any powers, but I'm pretty sure I can make something that looks as though it would be capable of holding it. Would the material holding the stone be made from wood or glass? If glass, then it will take a bit longer to make, but that is all."

"As for the stone... Would you mind making a trip to Helovia's Heart and see if you can find two suitable gems from the ashen plain surrounding the crater? One for your amulet, and one to be saved for a future request."

[OOC: If you want the holder for the amulet to be made of glass, I have to wait until the seasons change - two days, but still. The extra stone will be the payment. ^^]

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Hidden Account
Blu

I have found that those who share a bond with a companion are more at ease with my method of communication. Their patience wears longer and their minds are sharper to draw connections with what goes unspoken but still said. I know little of companions, no one ever having taken the time to explain them to me, which is likely in part because I have never shown a great deal of interest, but I know that their communication is limited. A separate language of sorts must be created when two completely different species need to understand and relate with each other. I guess in a way, I'm my own sort of unique species then.

A mute.

Relief floods my gaze as Lace's lips crack in a genuine smile. He is a kind stallion, this I know, but now it is decided. He understand me easily and I find myself glancing at the pale dragon perched on him, almost thankful for her. He speaks for a while and I nod in responses to questions or statements. No magic, I understand. Wood? I shake my head. Perhaps easier but it wouldn't look quite so authentic, so I nod as he mentions a glass chain.

When we have finished detailing the item he delivers unto me a mission. I must admit I am surprised by this. I had assumed I came to him and told him what I wanted, and came back once he finished. A brief display of disappointment is sure to cross my visage, but I scour it away quickly with agreement. I am not against doing labor for what I seek, though I've no more skill at digging in dirt than speaking. I trust that Lace is not a type to send me after an errant goose, so I am sure that the Heart must be such a bounty of gems that I'll trip over them as soon as I get there.

I give him a final look before tilting my head in farewell. As my muzzle lifts it melts into ink. My body becomes a pool of black substance, soon enough shaped into a flock of sparrows. I take to my wings and dart into the mists, a gentle spray of the black water caught in the trail of fog that swirls behind me. I am anxious to fulfill my end of the agreement. I ponder what color of stone I would most enjoy as I leave the World's Edge.