the Rift

What is in a name?

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
larfsalot.deviantart.com

A smirk, scaly but true, curved the dragon's golden lips. Moonlight may have filled the sky, but so too did the lights that gave the Aurora Basin its name. They danced across the sky, and caused a thousand lights to reflect off the many gleaming scales, and onto the platform which they now stood. Though her eyes mostly lingered upon the grullo steed that was her captor, she could appreciate the beauty that existed in this realm. But she longed for salty sea winds to fill the vast, leathery expanse of skin that was strung between the bony parts of her wings, to soar above the sea as well as the harsh, sharp landscape that gave her home its name.

Kindness indeed, was shown as the dragon turned its keen, predatory gaze upon the unicorn, but no hunger for flesh existed behind those slitted eyes. The entire façade of the beast was softened, much like it had before when she regarded him, judged him as a fine soldier performing his duties with thorough efficiency, before the Moon Doctor had interrupted their reverie. Her eyes drank him, as they had drunk his silhouette standing in the mouth of the cave for much of this time. There was more to him, she was sure, he had hinted as much that first day she had awoken from his rough capture of her.

"I wish to speak of love, Xanthos." The dragon-mare had listened to his words, and nodded in acknowledgement that she was free to go. But she had more still to say; she longed to save this stallion from this torment he had placed himself into. "Have you ever felt its embrace?" She suspected he had, and that his choice of lover did not agree with the brethren he chose to keep. Why then, keep them at all? "I can offer protection, Xanthos, protection for loved ones, for you." There was earnest in her voice, the emotion brought her accent to the fore, the expression undeniably clear. She forgave him, for everything he had done against her, but more than that, she longed to help him, to release him from this place, that was much a prison for her as it was for him.

"I will return home, but it would be unwise for you to appear to your kin unscathed; say I overpowered you, and depart the lands like you would any other day - only do not return here. Come to the Edge, Xanthos. Come home."

Messages In This Thread
What is in a name? - by Mirage - 12-29-2012, 04:12 AM
RE: What is in a name? - by Xanthos - 12-29-2012, 05:46 AM
RE: What is in a name? - by Mirage - 12-29-2012, 09:40 AM
RE: What is in a name? - by Xanthos - 12-29-2012, 10:05 PM
RE: What is in a name? - by Mirage - 12-30-2012, 02:46 AM