the Rift

What is in a name?

Xanthos Posts: 99
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Azel :: King Cheetah :: Quantum Leap Adoptable

I WILL LIVE FOR YOU

Although he couldn't see it for himself, Xanthos was sure that the expression crossing his face was pure confusion. He looked to the dragon figure with uncertainty, wondering just what in the world she could be talking about. As she went on, however, his questions slowly disappeared one by one.

He had felt the embrace of love long ago in the form of his mother, but he was sure that wasn't the kind she spoke of; or was it? The only other being he had come to love was the golden palomino of the Foothills, Romani. Their meetings had been few and always cut short, for he wished no harm to be brough upon her by the members of the Plague. He was terrified by the mere thoughts of what could happen to her, so as difficult as it was, he had always spaced himself far away and chose to remain in the Basin. Those had been Psyche's orders after all, that he was not allowed to leave. But he had not listened.

"Yes," he answered finally, meeting Mirage's slitted gaze with his own, glowing in the shine of the moon high in the sky, "I have. But is has been a long time." She continued then, speaking tales of protection for himself and those he held near and dear. Instantly his mind began to whirl, thinking of a life outside of the Basin, beyond the towering peaks of the mountains that surrounded him each and every day. It was an exciting thought, one that was growing on him at an alarming rate of speed. Finally, he could come and go as he pleased, do whatever he wanted, see Romani for as long and often as he wished.

Mirage was going to leave the Basin. Even if he wanted to stop her, which he didn't, it would be impossible; he knew not the true power of the Dragonheart in her normal form, let alone this beastly, dragonesque one. He could only imagine Psyche's rage for allowing the Weyrleader to escape, whether she knew it was on purpose or not. But the Empress was a sharp one, and he wouldn't be surprised if she saw through any little lie he might utter. Soon, though, he wouldn't have to worry about the shadow mare's rage and her hatred towards him.

Unable to help himself, Xanthos could feel the beginnings of a smile pull at his lips, and then finally, he gave a nod of his head. "I cannot thank you enough, Mirage. You haven't a clue how much this means to me; go, now, and I will head for the Edge in a short while. Thank you."

BEFORE I DIE

Credits

Messages In This Thread
What is in a name? - by Mirage - 12-29-2012, 04:12 AM
RE: What is in a name? - by Xanthos - 12-29-2012, 05:46 AM
RE: What is in a name? - by Mirage - 12-29-2012, 09:40 AM
RE: What is in a name? - by Xanthos - 12-29-2012, 10:05 PM
RE: What is in a name? - by Mirage - 12-30-2012, 02:46 AM