the Rift

It Is What It Is [Friends of Rome, Open!]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Pulling the sweet grass from the ground, Romani chewed thoughtfully, losing herself in the moment. The breeze was gentle and calm as it moved through the air, carrying the smells of home across the land and to those that lived there, and the Haflinger couldn’t help but take advantage of the nice, wonderful weather. Behind her haunches, little Kasai went from playing with long blades of green grass to trying to catch the stray strands of the mare’s ivory tail as it flicked from side to side. Never was the cub successful, but Romani couldn’t help but chuckle at her efforts.

Lifting her head, she spoke softly. “A good try though, sweet.” She stated, and lowered her head to continue grazing. The direction of the breeze shifted in the next few moments, bringing forth a new scent to her nostrils that the Haflinger didn’t recognize, and her ears flicked back as the sudden sound of an unfamiliar nicker and approaching hoof beats caught her attention. Jerking her head up, Romani took a step back, her azure eyes sharpening as a strange Arabian mare approached.

Behind her, Kasai froze as if in fear, her blue eyes landing on the form of the approaching mare with trepidation. A small hiss escaped the feline’s throat and she scampered fearfully underneath the protection of Romani’s bulky body, and that was fine. The mare that was approaching was unfamiliar to the palomino, and if Kasai would be safer beneath her, then that was where the cub could stay. Azure eyes turned somewhat confused as the grey Arabian came to a stop in the cool water of the river, tossing her head in an obvious playful manner… It was almost as if this Arabian knew her, but that was impossible, for Romani hadn’t seen her before in her life.

That previous thought was only confirmed when the Arabian spoke. ‘Romani! It has been too long since I have seen my greatest friend.’ Romani paused, ears swiveling around to face forwards, and the warrior’s head tilted slightly and resulted in her forelock to dangle before her gaze. Friend? Who was this mare?

“I’m terribly sorry, ma’am,” Romani responded uncertainly, her tail flicking to gently caress Kasai’s cowering frame, “But I’m afraid I don’t know who you are. Have we met?” Beneath her, the white and black cub peeked out, hissing once more, although the sound was completely harmless.

[OOC: Oh, my God, that was terribly hard to write… D: I feel so AWFUL for Abdullah right now, you have no idea!]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
RE: It Is What It Is [Friends of Rome, Open!] - by Abdullah - 12-30-2012, 06:57 PM
RE: It Is What It Is [Friends of Rome, Open!] - by Romani - 12-30-2012, 08:03 PM
RE: It Is What It Is [Friends of Rome, Open!] - by Abdullah - 12-30-2012, 08:24 PM