the Rift

Praise. [sun god]

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

onni</style>
      if i fall, will you catch me?</style>

Light flickered from behind her eyelids, and most delighted, Onni raises her head. She had known the Sun deity was a kind hearted soul, not the monster that many painted him as. To answer her calling without fanfare or show as soon as her words were loosed into the air reminded the mare of the image she had kept of the God in her heart. There were times his behavior had been questionable, but knowing her mother's anger had helped the shaman come to terms with this. Kri, the mare she knew better than anyone, perhaps, was not a mean creature in reality. Her heart was big and giving, while her mouth was often venomous. Onni supposed this was a protection for her large heart, like rough armor that kept unnecessary visitors rested. The shaman did not claim any knowledge of the golden god beyond his generous lending of sunfire to heal, but she figured the teeth he bared to others was just a defense of sorts.

There were no beings that were truly evil. One could not shut their hearts from others, try as they might. There was always at least one who would find a path through the wall they built, laying siege to their heartstrings and occupying their very being from that point onward. Those vacancies, filled by the other souls of this world, were thing things that grounded all to compassion - even if such a commodity was reserved for one special individual. Onni did not know if these empty spaces were only found in the hearts of mortals, but she chose to believe that even the Gods could not escape love. Were it not for love, they would never be able to experience such intense hate that the God of the Sun had displayed.

Love and hate, after all, were two sides of the very same coin.

The light intensified, causing Onni's eyes to close once more. She kept them tight lidded until the brightness before her eyelids dims, and when she opens them, it is not the stone of the shrine she sees, but the burning entity who watched over her home, over her family. Bowing her head deeply to the golden deity, the shaman is surprisingly calm for one going face to face with an immortal. Perhaps interaction with them was common place here in Helovia, but the words which Onni wished to speak in praise would not surface to her mouth. The modest healer of the Dragon's Throat was stuck, unsure of which words would please the stallion born of fire and ethereal light. Thankfully, he begins to speak before her gentle white-stained face is lifted to look into brilliant eyes of the finest gold.

There should be a limit to how utterly embarrassed an individual feels, but as the Sun God speaks, Onni can feel all the blood rushing to her face. If you could see through the pale hairs of decorating her visage, an intense blush would have formed. The painted mare had assumed the deities knew the thoughts of all, no matter the subject. Taking a breath, the shaman tries to calm herself. It was no use acting so pathetically helpless in front of the God she had summoned. He was here to visit her out of the kindness in his soul, and standing like a flabbergasted idiot was getting her nowhere. Steeling her nerves, Onni blinks her eyes before gathering her words for speech. "A young boy whom resides within our home, Cera, was brought nearly to death recently by another," the shaman speaks, her voice sweet but troubled, residual anger clinging to the last spoken word. "The innocent should never be harmed so, great Sun God. The poison of the monster has seeped from the body of the young colt and into my heart."

"I am not violent, sir, but I wish to harm this creature who would so easily injure a defenseless child," her voice is quiet, low, and ashamed of the flaws which stain her being. Evil would not undo evil; Onni understood this well enough. Still, the bitter taste on her tongue refused to go away, and the image of Cera convulsing on the crimson floor of the Throat lingered in the back of her mind. "Should I offer him justice through brutality, or struggle to find forgiveness in my heart for the wicked?"
""

image by redbeansandrice @ flickr.com</style>

Messages In This Thread
Praise. [sun god] - by Onni - 12-29-2012, 10:21 PM
RE: Praise. [sun god] - by God of the Sun - 12-30-2012, 01:22 AM
RE: Praise. [sun god] - by Onni - 12-30-2012, 09:23 PM
RE: Praise. [sun god] - by God of the Sun - 01-03-2013, 12:44 PM
RE: Praise. [sun god] - by Onni - 01-06-2013, 05:34 PM
RE: Praise. [sun god] - by God of the Sun - 01-09-2013, 11:50 PM