the Rift

Time is the best healer...[Sohalia]

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
Levi

Disappointed.

Levi was disappointed and out raged from the way he had acted towards Phaedra and Pluto. He let that silly game get to his head even though it did last a few moments. No words were able to describe how the sodden grulla was. Heartbroken, but still he liked her and would go running back to the sooty princess and be her prince that carried her away, spoiling her rotten. He wanted to tell her how much he liked her, and hope for those three words that everyone lived to hear. I love you.

Levi’s grey tone, sunken features and trudging figure had taken over. It was like Levi was possessed by some anti-Levi. One who wanted nothing to do with the world again… back to his old self. Great. Levi had finally had confidence in himself for the first time, starting to open himself and he had hurt himself, but most importantly Phaedra. Yes, she was a bit possessive and yes she was flirty, but Levi saw past even her slightest flaw. Noticing it or not, Levi was in a deep love trance over her, and could only think about her. Her perfect coloring, figure, face, and everything! Ugh!, I hate this! I hate this so much! Levi almost collapsed as he thought that. Closing his eyes in that deep thought almost made him fall. He was so done with this, that he just needed to talk this out. Someone who he could trust, someone who was helpful, someone who wouldn’t tell, someone who was a female. His first thought was of Sohalia, an instant connection. She was perfect! Why hadn’t he thought about this before? Sohalia was so perfect for this, and plus she had been running around over here since she was with her new love, Note. He knew that they would get along instantly and that’s why he had mentioned it to Sohalia and… her. She just had to be the one for him, she had to? It was not worth thinking about it anymore. His heart and brain thrashing out, fighting everything he thought of. No, this was his time to go find Sohalia. With the stallion went off looking for the snow white mare.

[Sorry it was so short! I have almost no muse left]

"Talk talk talk."

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

I have been in Dragon's Throat for several days now. I remember them well; on the first, I arrived with Phaedra and met Note for the first time. There is no denying the instant bond that I shared with him, even before we spoke; there was something in his eyes - is something in his eyes - that is simply beyond description. But it made me feel alive for the first time in years. So I had joined the herd, more easily than I had thought I would when Rowan had first convinced me. I am glad that my best friend and my lover live in the same herd - I would have been hard put to choose between the two. But I have not had to, and so that is neither here nor there.

And now, here I am, a Scholar of the Dragon's Throat. I thought long and hard about how I would fit into the herd, and finally I have come to the conclusion that I haven't the stomach for fighting, nor for healing the wounds of those who would fight. The memories of my parents' demise are still vivid in my mind, and with them I shy away from the battlefield. But I am curious, and so similar to Rowan, and she is a Scholar. She enjoys her rank, she says, and so I have decided to follow her path. Besides, studying with a friend is surely far better than studying without one.

I have nearly forgotten that Levi, the stallion that had appeared on that fateful day that I agreed to help Phaedra with her quest; but when his grullo form appears on the horizon, I recognize him immediately. There was a time when I might have pretended not to see him in the hopes of avoiding contact, but something about having a home, a love, a family again has allowed me to open up. Were he a stranger, I would not call out; but he is not, and I do. "Levi!" My vocals are friendly, welcoming, and I wait for him to come closer.

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi

"Levi!" A vague, but familiar silk tone voice called the name of the grullo stallion. Was that who he hoped it was? Turning his gaze he saw a snow white figurine standing in the distance. “Sohalia!” Levi instantly replied, his honey tone shouted gleefully to her. The silvery tinted stallion could not even let one thought process before he shouted her name. He could not be happier to see her! Levi hoped that she knew what she was doing. She seemed to know what she was doing with Note, and he knew that she would give him great advice. Levi’s muscles ached as he strode suddenly towards the frosty colored mares appearance. Lengthening his stride, he could see her clearly now. The perfect white pelt almost blinded him as his silver gaze feel upon it. What does she do to keep it so perfectly shiny and bright? He thought. There was not a single speck of discoloration, and she looked remarkably healthy as well; impressive!

It seemed like hours before he had reached the mare in a few minutes of time. Levi’s expression grew ecstatic as he could finally see her pretty face. Sohalia reminded him of a friendly god, the way she was. Perfect color, complexion, features, friendly, and extremely sweet; Note was surely a lucky horse to have such a mare. Levi was glad he and Phaedra had helped them out! Reaching out his muzzle to greet her, he suddenly stopped his actions. His flecks darkened as he remembered not try to be touchy even though that was how he greeted most horses he considered friends or somewhat close to him. First of all, this was Note’s mare and he should not be having his scent on her, second the meadows picture kept framing in his head as he looked towards Phae, feeling her body touch his. An electricity of goose bumps appeared all over his grullo body. Lightheaded even, he had finally realized that Phaedra must be the one for him, but the thing was she was mad at him. It was not that she hated him, but she was seemed to be disappointed that he had flirted with another mare. Yes, that was his precious goal to have her bit jealous, but not the kind of angry jealous. She, Phaedra, had done the same thing to him the first time they met Sohalia’s precious love. What would she think of Phaedra if she found that out? It was a game that the two mares antagonized and he was just trying to be a part of their fun game… but in the end it turned out awful! He found out the Pluto was pregnant with some male that left her and that Phaedra did not like him… what a joy.

His grey sorrowed gaze now looks guilty as he shared a glance towards Sohalia. “Sohalia, I am so glad to see you. How are things with you and Note going?” A forced smile appeared as he really needed to just tell her what was going on. “I hope you two are working out alright,” Levi meant every kind toned word he said “but the main thing I came to ask, was your advice.” The urge to just blurt out everything to her was extremely strong. He wanted to just tell her everything letting her take in all of this drama! Ugh, Woman were always drama. Levi’s mind screamed at him. The only female that he enjoyed being around that wasn’t a horse was Stella. The light feathered bird took an instant liking to him. Levi wanted to just tell Stella to tell Phaedra how much he liked her, but he was not sure if Stella would understand or if they had a mental connection yet. She was the only one who seemed to understand what he was doing and she was just a chick! How embarrassing that Phaedra did not catch his clue to her. She may not like him, but she should not just ignore the fact that she flirted with every male she saw! She treated them all the same, but then she would get mad when he was just trying to win her heart? Was Phaedra worth his time? Maybe she was maybe she was not, but Levi was here now and he wasn’t going to let this ruin his chance of being her friend or more. He wanted more since he like her, but like she would want to go with someone like him even after everything he had done to her.

“My advice is about Phae… Things aren’t going as I planned or hoped and well that’s why I came to you.” Looking towards her hopefully, his depressed eyes filled with tears. Trying to hold them back, he twisted his neck suddenly pretended to have a sudden cough. This made it even worse since the jolt of his body made a tear fall down his cheek. Slowly he turned back hoping she did not notice his tearful look because he hadn’t noticed the tear that was trickling down his cheek

"Talk talk talk."

He seems excited to see me, and I smile at him. I do not know him well, but I would indeed consider him a friend. After all, he had helped to find Note, had he not? And it would seem that he was my herdmate now, which drew a connection between he and I that even Phaedra and I did not share. I wonder vaguely where she's gotten off to, remind myself that I simply must find her soon, and then put her out of my mind. It is not her approaching me now, but Levi, and I will focus on him accordingly. He nears, passing the proximity of mere acquaintances, seemingly wanting to greet me as one would a friend - but then he stops, shies away, almost, and I eye him quizzically.

I would offer a nudge to the shoulder, but he seems almost guilty - but whatever for? Surely he knew that friends could touch without there being any meaning behind it, that he and I could indeed be friends despite my budding romance with Note. But I am baffled by his actions, and I do not wish to make him uncomfortable. I wait, and I am rewarded by words: "Sohalia, I am so glad to see you. How are things with you and Note going? I hope you two are working out alright," he says, but he seems distracted. I wonder if this is truly why he has sought out my company, to discuss my love life, or if he wants something else. I have just begun to respond when he speaks again, almost as though he cannot hold back.

"...but the main thing I came to ask, was your advice." Ah, there it is. Perhaps if I were a more self-centered fae, I would be offended by his rather brusque greeting. But I am not self-centered, and I am not offended. Instead, I frown slightly, concern coloring my bi-colored orbs as I gaze at him. "Of course, Levi, I will do my best to help you," I tell him, and I know that my worry for him shines through. He is restless, I can see that, and I'm afraid that I will not be able to help him. But then: "My advice is about Phae… Things aren’t going as I planned or hoped and well that’s why I came to you."

All makes sense now. I had wondered, initially, if perhaps Phaedra and Levi were romantically inclined. I miss very little on that front, I'm afraid, and I had put it out of my mind, deciding that Phaedra was not the sort of mare to fall in love, and that Levi was simply a bit overeager. But I suppose that I have assumed wrongly, for it is apparent that Levi, at least, cares for her. The question becomes, then, does she also care for him? "Why don't you start from the beginning?" I suggest. "And we will see what I can do for you."

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi

Levi’s silvery features lightened as she seemed to understand what he was going through. She was not that kind of mare who would just pretend to be there for you and just want to hear what you had to say for drama purposes, she was extremely careful with a kind heart and honestly seemed to care for the brute. Taking a slight bite of his lip, he twisted his gaze towards wanting to blurt out everything on his mind. Phaedra, Pluto, the whole situation, but luckily when he bit his lip, it helped him stay calm and not just interrupt her rudely. "Of course, Levi, I will do my best to help you," A sudden relief came over his body. Her silky tone reassured him that everything was going to be okay…hopefully. When she spoke, breeze lingered though the air. A throat scent was now all over her body… was she part of the Throat to? “Thank you Sohalia, but before I begin I do have a quick question,” Levi paused keeping his cool silvery gaze locked on hers “Are you a part of the Throat now? I recognized your scent and I just wanted to say that I am truly so excited if you are!” He wanted to nuzzle her quickly in congratulations, but he was still scared from everything.

"Why don't you start from the beginning?" Sohalia suggested kindly "And we will see what I can do for you." Levi’s maw crept up as a full smile was now plastered on his sorrowed face. “Okay sounds good, but just saying it is a loooong story, so if I keep you here to long just let me know.” Inhaling a deep breath, he slowly closed his eyes collecting thoughts for here; Trying to decipher the best word choices and sayings. When he felt comfortable enough, Levi opened his sparkling silver orbs and started on his rant. “Well, ever since I met her I had felt an instant connection between us. The way she brushed up against me, our laughs, fun times, and when she helped me when I fell I got right back up because of her. She’s the most beautiful mare I think I have ever met, it’s almost like she gets more and more beautiful every time I see her inside and out. I don’t like her just because of her looks, I like her because I can see past them and I want to be close with her, be a shoulder to lean on, a friend, or more.” Pausing for a moment he caught his breath “Recently, she had followed me again, this is her second time following me, and she wanted to show me her beautiful companion Stella. I instantly liked Stella to, so there must be a thing with her that I like. Anyways, I went for a long flight, but I had barley slept for any days because of my duties. I was so exhausted I fell asleep in the meadows. Then I was woken up by this mare Pluto. Yes, she was beautiful, but I did not notice that she had a dirty little secret. Right from the beginning of our meeting, Phaedra did not want her there. She did not like her because she had started to be all flirty towards me. Phaedra and Pluto started to play this game of who could be flirtier… so I kind of instigated it. I rubbed up against Pluto, but honestly for a moment… I wanted Phae to become jealous because she had done that before to me. I wanted her to just get slightly jealous, but she got so mad. And by the way, Pluto's pregnant! Then I obviously went to her and when we touched it was like there was nothing else in the world that I wanted more than her. She was what kept me motivated and living. Yes, she is a flirt to, but I only did it because… I-i… I love her.” He spat the words out like they were his last. So heartedly he and meant everything he had just said about her. He truly did love her. “I am just too nervous to tell her because I think she loves someone else… and I feel that I would lose her because she would not want to hear it. Although, I think it would be fair to tell her the truth.”

"Talk talk talk."

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
[OOC: *butts in, cause obviously I've been creeping this thread xD. Good time for a Sohalia Phae thread now?!?! :D]
 HP: 45.5

I listen in silence, bemused. Having only been newly introduced to the concept of love, I am unsure that I will be able to help him - but I think of my parents, the little I had of them, and my confidence is bolstered. They loved one another - that is, in fact, why I long so fervently for true love, my soul mate, for I am sure that one exists for everyone - and I had watched them love one another. They may have struggled at times, sure, but was that not was love is? To support and care for one another through the good times and the bad? To never allow anger to separate your hearts? To work through any differences? Yes, that is love, I am sure of it.

He had asked me a question before his story, and so I offer a quick answer: "Yes, Levi, I am a part of the Throat now. In fact, I have decided to be a Scholar. And do not worry about keeping me, my friend; there is no other place for me to be." It is truth, and it startles me slightly. Where has Note gotten off to? Shouldn't my place be by his side? I am careful to hide my worry, so as not to concern Levi, but inwardly, my thoughts whirl. I will have to find my stallion soon, so I will stop worrying about him.

Levi describes his feelings for Phaedra, and I weigh them carefully. Is it truly love that he feels, or simply infatuation? That alone will determine quite a lot, for there is indeed a difference. He loves her, he says, not only for her beauty, but for her personality; he wants to be there for her, to be anything that she needs him to be. I frown slightly. If he loves her, but she does not love him, then what difference will it all make?

And then he tells a story of jealousy.

I wait until he is through, but I look at him with an amused reproach. "Levi, you cannot base a relationship on games and jealousy," I inform him. My tone is a bit more reproachful than I would like; I soften it. When I speak next, I am more gentle, though the kindness in my orbs has never wavered. "If you love her, you must tell her, my friend. Even if she does not return the feeling, knowing is better than forever wondering what might have happened. And above all, swallow your pride and apologize. That is my advice."

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi

"Yes, Levi, I am a part of the Throat now. In fact, I have decided to be a Scholar. And do not worry about keeping me, my friend; there is no other place for me to be."

Levi’s expression turned excited as the snow white fae notified the baffled grullo that she was now a part of his herd. To him a herd was not just a place that he could have a home, but it was like all of them members were his brothers and sisters so; therefore, Levi and Sohalia were going to be able to relate to each other, something deeper than any friend would be able to share and something that would stick with them forever even if they did not want to be friends. It was the instant earthy connections of a family that would keep them close and protect forever. He wanted nothing more than to share his wonderful home to Sohalia and anyone she wanted to bring along. And since she and Note were together, it would be perfect to have to couple rank either together or rank at the same time so that they would be able to help each other and the herd out together. He wished that it was that easy to just find love, but no of course he had to pick the most impossible woman he could find. Sometimes Levi was so blindsided because he loved her, that he did not see that she probably just wanted to be his friend. “I thought I recognized your scent. It smells just like a Throat member, but I was not sure if it was you were a member or you were just spending so much time with your little boy toy ,Note, that his scent was just rubbing off on you.” Smirking towards her the grullo slightly chuckled before sarcastically glanced away to tease her. “I am truly glad you are a member though, it is so nice to actually haves someone joining that I know I can trust and don’t worry I was only kidding with you before.” He smirked towards her once again as the brute listened to her advice.

"Levi, you cannot base a relationship on games and jealousy," It was almost like the words sliced right through everything he had just said. Hadn’t he been clear to her? He just explained that he knew that it was wrong of him to do his flirting wars with the ladies. He was certain that it was wrong, but what he realized most was he was certainly not basing his relationship on games and jealously. Honestly, it was the complete opposite. He was basing it more on the true feelings that he had developed for Phaedra and the fact that he was totally and utterly in lover with the soot princess. "If you love her, you must tell her, my friend. Even if she does not return the feeling, knowing is better than forever wondering what might have happened. And above all, swallow your pride and apologize. That is my advice." A deep sigh came over him as he slowly and thoughtfully listened to her words. Everything that his friend, Sohalia, had said was absolutely true. Yes he needed to tell her ever if he did not want to hear the truth it was still fair to her and it was fair to himself, to compromise he guessed he could put it. “Yes, I agree with everything you have said. You are right and I will tell her the truth as soon as I can. I just feel like I might not be ready yet and it’s not fair to either of us. I want it to be the perfect time, place, setting, and moment. I don’t just want to tell her randomly or anything else. But I know that I cannot based my relationship on game and jealously. I know that for a fact and that was why I said that I felt horrible and left because I am not usually like that. She needs to know that she is the one thing that desires me to live for, to make myself a better person, to actually believe that there is a chance for myself out there. She makes me the person I am today and I am not throwing away everything now. My dear Sohalia you are right and I am going to tell her the way I feel!” Over came with emotion Levi slightly brushed Sohalia’s muzzle as a thank you. Pressing his snout against hers the soft feeling of her velvety fur pressed against his, but only for a short moment. He did not want her to feel uncomfortable or anything, but appreciated. “Thank you Sohalia, for everything.”

"Talk talk talk."

I truly did not mean to offend Levi with my words, but I had thought that it was simply common sense: do not play games with females. I wish I could explain to him that Phaedra was not the kind of mare to take such things lightly. In my admittedly limited experience, the mares the flirted the most were also the most jealous. Hypocritical, perhaps, that they should be allowed to gain any stallion's favor that they desired but become angry if their stallion did the same, but such was the way of the world. I wouldn't know anything about that, though - perhaps I am too trusting, but I have never been a jealous mare. Or perhaps I am simply too independent to spend my time tracking my stallion's every movement. Gods help him if I ever find out he tried anything with another mare, but I trust him not to.

The thought of Note makes me smile, which is, of course, out of place. Still, it does not mean that I'm not listening to Levi. "I just feel like I might not be ready yet and it’s not fair to either of us. I want it to be the perfect time, place, setting, and moment. I don’t just want to tell her randomly or anything else." I tilt my head, politely waiting for him to stop speaking. I do not want to interrupt, but this is the part that stands out to me. I smile again, but this time, it is a wry smile directed at Levi.

"My dear Levi, I appreciate your romantic side more than I can say, but this is the little wisdom that I have to offer: love very rarely follows the path that we want it to. Did I want to have Phaedra as a matchmaker to find my true love? Of course not. Ever since I was a little filly, I've wanted to have that love-at-first-sight experience out of the blue. And, sure, Note and I were immediately entranced by one another, but I would not have found him without Phaedra's help, which may not be how I wanted it to happen, but I am certainly glad that it did! My point is this: love is never planned, it simply happens. Rest assured that whatever moment you choose - and you will feel in your heart that it is the right moment - will be the right one.

"I cannot stress this enough: everything happens for a reason, whether we understand or not at the time."
My thoughts turn to the massacre of my family, but I push it away. What was the reason for that? "We must simply have faith that everything will work out for the better. As much as you don't want to hear it, if things do not work out between you and Phaedra, then you must understand that you were meant to learn from your relationship, that there is someone else out there for you. There is someone out there for all of us. On the other hoof, know this: if things are meant to be with Phaedra, then you will not be able to choose a wrong time. Listen to your heart, Levi, for it will lead you truly, if only you will let it."

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi

Listening. Levi listened to every word Sohalia had said taking in every detail whether the brute liked it or not.

"My dear Levi, I appreciate your romantic side more than I can say, but this is the little wisdom that I have to offer: love very rarely follows the path that we want it to. Did I want to have Phaedra as a matchmaker to find my true love? Of course not. Ever since I was a little filly, I've wanted to have that love-at-first-sight experience out of the blue. And, sure, Note and I were immediately entranced by one another, but I would not have found him without Phaedra's help, which may not be how I wanted it to happen, but I am certainly glad that it did! My point is this: love is never planned, it simply happens. Rest assured that whatever moment you choose - and you will feel in your heart that it is the right moment - will be the right one." Bracing himself, the brute let his heart breath. Understanding the fact that maybe it was just the idea that he was more intrigued by her ways. Shaking his head from the thought, Levi fought the fact that it could be the reason. No, Levi did love her and needed to tell her. Relaxing himself, the brute calmed himself as he watched the words being drawn from Sohalia’s lips. Catching Sohalia’s gaze he listened even more. A slight smile emerged as she noted she appreciated his “romantic side” A warm chuckle emerged as the brute flickered his tail waiting for more.

"I cannot stress this enough: everything happens for a reason, whether we understand or not at the time. We must simply have faith that everything will work out for the better. As much as you don't want to hear it, if things do not work out between you and Phaedra, then you must understand that you were meant to learn from your relationship, that there is someone else out there for you. There is someone out there for all of us. On the other hoof, know this: if things are meant to be with Phaedra, then you will not be able to choose a wrong time. Listen to your heart, Levi, for it will lead you truly, if only you will let it." The true appreciation of her words wrapped themselves around his thoughts, intertwining them with his. The merged thoughts knotted him, but it was much less of a pain than he had expected. He knew that Phaedra may not be the one for him, yes, but he still needed to try even if the brute did not want to. In fairness to her, it was what she probably needed to hear only because it was the truth.

“Sohalia, I really cannot thank you enough for all of this. I knew from the beginning you would be the one I needed to talk to. You gave me such helpful advice and actually I listened to every word you spoke. You inspired me to actually tell her, but with the opening in my heart to understand the fact that my probably won’t end up together. There might be a slight chance that we will be, but I think that she might be in love with someone else because I would know if she loved me back and I just can’t tell. I will speak everything from my heart and only from my heart. I have it all planned out and if you want to know what I have planned I would not mind sharing it with you my friend.” Now Levi truly knew in his heart what love was all about.

"Talk talk talk."

Levi is a very eager stallion, and that is something that I like about him. I doubt very seriously that he will ever do anything halfway; no, he will pour his heart and soul into everything that he tries, even if it ends in failure. I fear that this will end in such a way, and for a moment, I consider finding Phaedra, explaining Levi's feelings to her, and therefore preparing the poor fae for his avowal of undying affection. But no, that would be a betrayal of the steed's trust, and I dare not do that. I value his friendship, and I value his trust. I would not break it for the world.

I am glad that he had understood what I have to say. Now he knows that he might well be met with rejection, though I doubt that he truly believes it in his heart. So long as he has not spoken to her, he can hold onto the hope of what may be. For a brief moment, I wish that I had not told him to tell her, that he could hold onto that hope for a while longer. But that, too, would have been a lie, and I cannot bring myself to say anything else to him. Besides, is it so far beyond the realm of reality for Phaedra to care for Levi? He was a good stallion, truly, and a good friend. Perhaps she had some affection for him. "I should like very much to hear your plan, Levi."

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi

"I should like very much to hear your plan, Levi." Levi’s heart suddenly flooded with joy. Preparing his thoughts properly, the brute had a giant smile plastered on his face. What was he going to tell Sohalia, everything or a shortened plan of it? Should he make it in parts? Tell her the cute things? The meaningful things? Or maybe the words that counted? Ah what the heck he was just going to tell her everything! The brute’s orbs filled with excitement as he prepared his thoughts to tell Sohalia everything that he planned out. “Ready for this?” He asked with a gleeful giggle to the frosted fae.

“Okay Sohalia this is my plan so far.” He paused himself clearing his throat for a clearer sound. “So I don’t know where we are going to meet yet, but it has to be somewhere where there is sand and stone… because I have magic now I can manipulate sand or stone into any object that I desire as long as I concentrate on them. It’s either going to be after or before I get there, but I want to make her a necklace out of stone. I will be able to find a beautiful stone for her and make it right before her eyes to show her that if she wears the necklace that she will have a piece of my heart wherever she goes. Then I plan to show her my power more, making beautiful things out of sands to impress her and make it worth something.” Taking a breath Levi visualized the thought in his mind. “And then I am going to tell her how much she means to me, how she made me the horse I am today, and then… how much I love her and how I can’t live without her. Sohalia, she is truly the one and only horse I love so very much. I could never bare to have my life without her and… well yeah.” Taking a large breath, Levi smiled towards Sohalia, eyes filled with amusement. “So, what did you think?!”

"Talk talk talk."

He is silent for a moment, though his excitement shows in his eyes, and again I feel a mixture of amusement and unease. Have I directed him rightly? Is it too late to urge caution? Should I? Could I? "Ready for this?" His voice breaks into my thoughts, and I smile slightly, masking the turmoil. It is a facade made from necessity, and guilt weighs my heart as I consider. I have already told him to tell her, underestimating just how gleeful it would make him. Would he scare her off rather than win her over? I can't be sure. "Of course I am." Am I?

He speaks of sand and rock and trinkets and impressing her, and I find myself filled with sadness. How do I make him understand that love is not a question of gifts or words, but of actions? He must show her that she has his heart, not by giving her a stone one, but by revealing his to her. I want to stop him, to tell him he is wrong, but I cannot interrupt. It would be impolite. And I don't want to say anything, don't want to cut him down. I want only to support him. Besides, how bad could it be? Some girls like presents, after all. But is Phaedra one of those mares? How could I know?

On and on he goes, speaking of how he will reveal his love for her, how she makes him complete, and still, I have to wonder if it isn't the idea of love that he has fallen for. But still, I find I cannot speak against him. "So what do you think?" His tone is eager, overjoyed, but I am overcome with dread. A queasy smile passes across my maw. "It sounds... wonderful, Levi," I say, and it is not entirely a lie. He has made an elaborate plan to prove his love - why shouldn't he put it into action. "I'm so sorry, I'm not... feeling well, all of a sudden. I think I should go lie down..." I force a smile again, though, and this time, it is genuine. "You will do well, Levi. I wish you the best of luck."

[OOC | end?]

Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.