the Rift

Who's this Coolkid? [open]

Roy Posts: 22
Dragon's Throat Stallion atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 4 [ages in frostfall] HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Roy Strider
"oh my god we are never going to stop"

That day was a day of change in the Threshold. We aren't talking about spring being in the air, either... even though it was. The fact was that the day felt like it was the day before something of great importance happened, and it started near a clearing in the forest where a spunky champagne tobiano colt was doing a piaffe and humming along to his own beat. He seemed to be in the moment so much that he noticed nothing else other than counting his steps. Eventually, he grew tired of trotting in place, and pulled himself into a collected canter, putting himself through his dance paces by switching leads every other stride.

A flick of his dark brown tail allowed to strands to smack a fly away from his legs as he worked, arching his neck as he did so. All the while, he was still humming along to a tune of his own making. he wouldn't even notice that he was being watched until it was too late for him not to make a fool of himself. He stopped mid stride and landed with his legs splayed out a little, stabilizing himself before he stood up straight. He turned his finely chiseled head to look towards where the sound had come from, that rustling that had alerted him to the fact that he was not alone. "hello?"

He would call out to what could be called an empty clearing, although he knew someone was there watching him, or so he thought. if he hadn't have forgotten all about it, he would have sniffed the air first to make sure his ears weren't playing tricks on him. Of course he wouldn't think of that because he was the kind of colt that lived in the moment, rather than planning ahead.

Mystique Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The Threshold… This was a new place to the frost colored filly. There were so many scents of different horses that Mystique was getting confused. Not that she was confused of where she was, she knew this was where new horses came to Helovia, she was just confused of where in the threshold she was. All of the different scents led to different places, as she could not recognize one scent. Flickering her tail, she looked around the threshold, taking in its surroundings. She figured she would just go where her gut told her and see if she could find anything.

The sweet sound of birds chirping and bees buzzing was in the air, as she slowly frolicked around. The rays of sunlight seemed to dance through the trees as she stepped into them. Her silvery flecks shimmered when the golden strike of light touched her gentle face. She was a bit blinded but, she kept on going to see what the Threshold held.

Mystique had heard many stories about the Threshold, many good, but some were bad. This was where horses could find their new homes! Maybe if I find someone I can take them home to the Throat with me she thought. Angling her cream colored body, she turned left and picked up a trot. Lengthening her strides, she started to look pretty by the way she arched her neck. Holding herself together she suddenly slowed her stride when she heard something. "hello?" the clear male voice called. Mystique’s heart pounded when she heard his voice, This could be my chance! She thought. Cantering towards the sound, there was a perfect rhythm which her hooves made. Finally, after a few heart wrenching moments, she saw the horse that made that call. He was a colt, but he seemed to still be much older than Mystique. Mystique admired his ice blue eyes and shimmering amber coat. He seemed to be nice, so Mystique walked towards him and said “Hi there, my name is Mystique.” Her features lightened as she spoke again “And you are?”

[OOC: Ack, that was horrible sorry!]

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

Luring. Prowling. Stalking. A creamy foal. A perfect meal. In the shadow of the trees the white wolf didn't take his eyes of the foal. It was going to be his next meal. He laughed to himself. Deep red blood would look good on the snowy foal. hello? He stopped,lifting his head slightly in the direction of the call. The snowy foal sped up into a canter,she also seemed to have heard the call.Damn. There was no point trying to catch the foal up although...There was nothing wrong with beating in to its destination. Throwing himself forward he headed though the trees till he was by the filly's side though in the depths of the forest. He doubted she knew he was there.

He slowed himself down as a the trees cleared and watched the foal and champagne tobiano. Hi there, my name is Mystique. He growled slightly. Mystique was meant to be his next meal,but that wasn't going to happen now was it? And you are? Bringing himself out the shadows of the trees he drew his claws in. He would not be needing those anymore. "Lupus." He nodded in the direction of Mystique then turned the the stallion. "What is your business here stallion?" He had interrupted his hunting and now he was looking for answers on why he was here.

OOC:Hope you don't mind me saying he was hunting Mystique O.o

"blah blah blah."

Loon

Roy Strider

Actions "Speech"

Roy raised his head, his ears flicking forwards at the young foal approaching him. The champagne stud colt did not, however, have time to answer her questions before a wolf prowled out of the undergrowth towards them and spoke, asking what his business was. The colt's eyes narrowed, looking the wolf up and down and knowing better than to trust a predator. He took a step forwards, shifting his position to place himself between the wolf and the foal, knowing that of the two equines, the filly made for an easier meal. Roy wasn't about to let the little one become lunch, no matter where she'd come from.

"mystique huh? hmm..." The colt cleared his throat and then began to trot in place again, his hooves clopping out a beat on the hard ground."spittin rhymes with mystique here son / and im officially the candidate for havin some fun you know / bustin stuff for ya'll i'd flick and split / but the fellas you run with / they ain't even legit because / i'm a strider and there ain't none finer / all you other rappers try / but the gap is even wider than/ this role / impossible / tryin' ta step to the knight / with the clock control?"

Roy stopped trotting in place once he was finished rhyming. He looked from the filly to the wolf and then snorted. "names roy" He muttered, looking away with a sigh. He'd stopped because he'd realized his lyrics actually sucked this time around. Besides, there was a time and place for such a thing and now was not the time. In anycase, he walked forwards to look down at the wolf. "you see that filly? shes protected so leave... now." He stamped the ground with a hoof to underline his point. No matter how much humiliation he'd just placed on himself, he wasn't going to let his guard down.

Where there was an easy meal, there were predators trying to extort that meal. Roy wasn't stupid and now that the filly was with him, her chances of turning into someone else's lunch lowered considerably. Not only that, but without even knowing who she was or where she came from, or anything like that, Roy was willing to kill the wolf if he didn't step off for her sake. Simply based on the fact that she was young and incapable of defending herself as of yet. His plans had changed from being a slave to his wanderlust, to taking this filly home in less than a minute.

Unregistered
"Lupus." Mystique’s heart pounded heavily as she saw a giant wolf appear. Run! Her thoughts immediately screamed at her. Knots in her stomach started to form as a nervous appearance settled on her face. Walking behind Roy, she peered her little snowy head from behind his rump. She knew that she might be able to out run the wolf, but because he was so close to her now she would have no chance of surviving the hunt of the wolf. Charcoal pupils started to dilate as she watched the expression of the wolf’s face. This stallion would help me, right? She wondered anxiously. The aching pain of coming her was not her fault. She knew that she should not have come here without anyone to watch over here. There were danger lurking at every corner and whether she liked it or not, she had no choice, but to live and learn about it. That was why the creamy filly had wanted to come here, because she wanted to meet someone and maybe help them choose a herd, possibly the Throat?

"mystique huh? hmm..." Mystique’s pinkish nose twitched as she gazed up towards Roy. "spittin rhymes with mystique here son / and im officially the candidate for havin some fun you know / bustin stuff for ya'll i'd flick and split / but the fellas you run with / they ain't even legit because / i'm a strider and there ain't none finer / all you other rappers try / but the gap is even wider than/ this role / impossible / tryin' ta step to the knight / with the clock control?" Baffled by this, Mystique’s jaw dropped wide open as she just stared at the handsome colt. His ice blue eyes seemed to sparkle as he did ,whatever the heck he just did, that really interesting song. Mystique had never heard of wrapping before so the fact that the older colt was rapping and with her name in it amused her. Pressing herself closer towards Roy, she gazed at him with a smile glued to her maw. Features were brightened and she loved the fact that he was just… himself. “Wow! That was the most amazing, um, song I have ever heard. You are so creative!” Slipping her angular body closer to his, Mystique all of a sudden had a new feeling in her. "names roy" The handsome brute said coolly. Roy Mystique thought suddenly It seems to fit him I like his name.

"you see that filly? shes protected so leave... now." The new feeling of an instant trust came over her as she looked up towards Roy’s icy ices. He was such a brave stallion, but at the same time she really enjoyed his company, she felt safe with him. Since he was much taller than she, Mystique had to stretch her neck as high as she could just to reach his shoulder line. “Um excuse me Roy, but please, you don’t have to protect me. I would rather you get away safely and unhurt than help me… Your life, to me, is more valuable than mine and I would give my life for you, so go. Run away as fast as you can and never come back.” Trickles of saltiness fell on the filly’s cheek. Pressing her muzzle into his shoulder she stepped towards the wolf and said “You have no business being here wolf. Do not come around here causing trouble or...or so help me this will be the last time you will ever see another horse. J..Just a warning… sir wolf.” Bravely, but nervous mystique challenged herself for the sake of Roy’s sake.

[OOC: Sorry for the late reply guys! :/ And don't worry, its not problem Phoenix :P]

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

The tobiano stallion carefully placed himself between me and Mystique. Chuckling I throw back my snowy head as he starts to draw a beat,cleverly twisting his tongue round words. Not that it is a skill I desire to have. I roll my eyes as he spits out the words,waiting rather impatiently for it to be over. Roy. Suits him. Sounds like a name a rapping stallion would have. you see that filly? shes protected so leave... now. My chuckle becomes louder as I aim to catch the gaze of the icy blue orbs of Roy,my smile slightly curving up to the side.

Um excuse me Roy, but please, you don’t have to protect me. I would rather you get away safely and unhurt than help me… Your life, to me, is more valuable than mine and I would give my life for you, so go. Run away as fast as you can and never come back. My cold gaze turns to behind Roy. I then leap up snapping my jaws but not advancing on them,the clash of my white fangs echoing slightly. I laugh again,returning to my neutral position. J..Just a warning… sir wolf. Sir wolf? It was the first time I had been called sir wolf and,I suppose,I could get rather used to it.

My black orbs flicker between the two as I rise from my sitting position. "Do not tell me what to do and what not to do foal." I almost spit the words out. "As for you Roy do not offer protection if you cannot give it. Now I shell ask again,why are you here Roy" I let my eyes tell them I want a answer and I want one now.

"blah blah blah."

Loon

Roy Strider

Actions "Speech"

Roy raised his head in shock as the filly moved to stand in front of him and told him to run. She's either very brave, or very idiotic. He thought, as he made to push her back away from those teeth. His icy blue eyes may have flickered away from the wolf to look at the filly, however, he had never let his guard down and he was still very aware of what the wolf was doing. He'd had run-ins with wolves before, and his experiences had taught him never to trust a carnivore.

True, none of them had spoken to him like this one, so perhaps he was a little more intelligent than others of his ilk. Still, that didn't make him any less dangerous than the others. He savored a glare at the filly and snorted at her. "Are you crazy? Just because he talks, doesn't mean he's trustworthy. You can stand up to him all you want, but the moment you let you're guard down, he'll eat you in three bites!" He lectured as he trained the glare in his expression on the wolf. "I'll make this quick, wolf. I'm here to join a herd. That's all there is to it. I heard there was a herd consisting of exclusively unicorns up in the north. I was wondering if I could join them, but I'm not exactly sure I want to anymore. Especially since this filly needs to be taken home. I might end up joining her herd. No matter who's in it. Or... well, I don't know. I'm playing it by ear right now."

The young stallion vibrated his wither muscles in place of a shrug and then turned to face the filly even if he was still talking to the wolf. "Besides, I didn't know there was a Threshold police. What, am I not allowed to come here without a reason? I don't have to answer to you or anyone right now, so why don't you do us all a favor and shut up?" He asked. "Oh, and one more thing. The next time you assume I'm not able to protect myself could be the last time you ever insult anyone. Watch yourself, you asshat." Lowering his neck, the stallion hollowed out his back and let out a powerful buck in the general direction of the wolf, hoping to get his point across... especially if his aim was true and he actually hit some part of the canine's body.

Unregistered
"Do not tell me what to do and what not to do foal." Mystique stuck her tongue out towards Lupus and twisted her head up ignoring him with a snobby “hm” Mystique had never been the type to be snobby or rude, but in this case this bastard wanted to eat her! There was no way that she was going to be nice to him or appreciate his rudeness. Not acknowledging him, she twisted her creamy neck looking up towards Roy. Her blue kind eyes washed over his appearance as he was unlike someone that Mystique had ever met before. He was quite the stallion if Mystique had ever seen one. She loved the way he wanted to protect her and he did not even know her. She was on Roy’s side and wanted to be his friend. She was on Roy’s side not Lupus’s. She wanted to lunge herself at Lupus making him go away and never come back, but she was much too delicate for that. She was only six months and she was not fully developed yet to face a full grown wolf.

"Are you crazy? Just because he talks, doesn't mean he's trustworthy. You can stand up to him all you want, but the moment you let you're guard down, he'll eat you in three bites!"

Mystique listened to Roy with much disappointment. She just tried to save him and he did not want to listen to her and he did not appreciate it. Calling her crazy, yes it was not the best decision, but she was just trying to help Roy out. “Roy I was trying to help you! And I know that I can’t handle him straight on, but I can probably run faster than both of you...” Her voice trailed off into disappointment. She wanted to tell Lupus to just leave and to stop challenging them in such a way. He had no right to be in Helovia since all he was, was a filthy mutt. He was not a horse so he did not belong here. If he wanted to associate himself with a herd, then it better be far away from her because she did not want anything to do with him.

[OOC: Sorry for the wait!]

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

"Two bites actually," I say with a sly grin. I listen as his lecture came to a end and he finally started to answer my question. And how he described it,was how the Basin was. I chuckle slightly as he tells me about he change of mind for the protection of the filly. Of course though,the filly stood brave and tried to act as if she could handle me. Of course though,I guessed inside she was having a break down,She will at least when I have her down for my next meal.

Standing,I stare hard at them both. "I'm sure the filly can take care of herself,"My eyes now specifically focus on Mystique,a evil grin plastered on face before I start to turn,calling over my shoulder to Roy."And if you wish to go to the Basin boy,follow me." My white body enters the depths of trees as dark shadows slowly sink me in blackness till I can't be seen. A grin is placed on my maw the whole way,wondering if Roy would follow.

And plotting for the next time I run onto Mystique.

[Sorry,bad post :p]

"Bla bla bla"