the Rift

[FALLS] Long and Dark December

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

A part of her felt embarrassed for being caught while she was singing. After all, the mare rarely sang, and had only started doing so recently because it seemed to bring Kasai some comfort, and calmed the cub when she was far too rambunctious. After all, it was terribly hard to sleep when one had an energetic cub clambering all over you, chewing on ears and tails… She sang simple things, lullabies and tales of love or adventure that she remembered hearing as a filly from her parents. The song she had previously been singing was one of her favorites; a tale of two loved ones who were separated, then by fate, found each other again.

Keeping that soft smile, Romani’s azure eyes focused completely on the stallion before her, listening intently to the words that he spoke. Adeamus was what he called himself, a strange sounding name to her lips, and while he was obviously new to Helovia, it seemed he was familiar with the lands, and obvious sign that he had been keeping tabs on his neighboring country. Kasai remained quiet as well, not moving closer but not fleeing from the towering form of the Pegasus, which is what she was prone to do when encountering new individuals. It seemed the bundle of fur was genuinely curious of Adeamus’ wings; they were like those of the birds she occasionally watched in the Foothills, yet they were attached to the body of a horse. The cub, although somewhat capable of understanding Romani when she spoke because of the tones that the mare used, knew nothing of the words that Adeamus spoke. His greeting was lost on her.

When the blood bay grew silent, Romani took her chance and spoke up, taking a small step forward. “You and I are alike then, it seems,” she said gently, nostrils flaring to intake his smell. It was a foreign scent, musky yet warm, but she filed it away to be remembered. “When I came into this land, I was a wanderer as well, then I was found and brought home to the Foothills. You say that you’ve wondered about Helovia… Perhaps I can answer any questions you may have? I would also be more than happy to direct you to a herd, if you’re by chance searching for somewhere to settle?”

Maybe this stallion would even like to join her back to the Foothills, if he was searching for a home? While their numbers were growing, their herd was still small and vulnerable. As a warrior, Romani’s main concern was the protection of her home. Perhaps Adeamus could become a warrior as well, to protect the land that she had grown to love?

[OOC: Post… Not as good. XD Sorry, dear.]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
Long and Dark December - by Adeamus - 12-30-2012, 11:22 PM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Romani - 12-31-2012, 03:43 PM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Adeamus - 12-31-2012, 04:23 PM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Romani - 12-31-2012, 06:34 PM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Adeamus - 12-31-2012, 09:47 PM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Romani - 01-01-2013, 02:06 AM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Adeamus - 01-01-2013, 07:34 AM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Romani - 01-01-2013, 08:46 AM
RE: Long and Dark December - by Adeamus - 01-01-2013, 06:35 PM