the Rift

Painful Expectations | Zikar-Sin

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

Sin noticed how the strange stallion's face transformed into something a little less bothering and abnormal as he was being spoken to. Perhaps it was the pull of loneliness that had put the undetected look of desolation on the poor chestnut stud; were he a little younger and spindly legged, Sin would have asked him if he knew where is mother was. Of course, the stallion was much older than a defenseless colt, and Sin supposed that he had no problem taking care of himself. With a slight jolt, Sin suddenly thought about Farai, thinking of how he missed her and wanted to see his darling Lady, but he forced himself back to the present to appear well-mannered and interested in the stallion. For he WAS interested.

"Tolio," Sin breathed, rolling the name off of his tongue; one might say that Tolio was a strange name, but Sin knew better-- ALL names were equally strange. "A fine title, yes of course," he nodded, "and I am called Zikar-Sin. A pleasure to meet you, sir," he said with a polite dip of his head. He lifted his eyes just in time to see the strangeness settle upon Tolio's features once more; a great dismay welled up in Sin's breast, bothered by the fact that he could not make heads or tails of Tolio's pain.

What hurt?

"I am well, friend. I have had my heart twisted by someone I saw as a sister, though she saw me as someone else. It is merely emotional pain, one I am trying not to linger on."

"I'm sorry to hear that," Sin insisted, quite sincere in his tone. It was a great indignation of being mistaken and underestimated by another; to be seen as something less of what you were on a dark night. Like a deer. Or maybe even a squirrel. Perhaps this nice young man had been met by his sister on a foggy morning, and she mistook him to be a polar bear or some other creature. The true tragedy, however, was that Sin completely missed Tolio's inference.

"If I may be so forward," Sin insisted hesitantly, taking a step toward the chestnut stallion, "but I must say it was quite foolish of her to mistake you for something you are not-- that is to say, something other than her brother. From what I see, you are her brother and nothing else--while she is your sister, forever and always. Life is full of these misunderstandings, however, so it's better to forgive and move on, and love her as a brother should love his sister, even if she sees you as different. The fog will clear eventually. She will truly see you in due time."

It would have been very deep and philosophical had the stallion not been literally thinking of fog.

Sin suddenly realized that he was speaking on such a personal subject, and that he was tamping all over it with his big, clumsy hooves. It wasn't his place; Tolio was a stranger for crying out loud! "I do apologize!" he said hastily, blinking his eyes for the first time during that encounter, "I hope you'll forgive me for prying into personal matters!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMG Credit: ness094@deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
Painful Expectations | Zikar-Sin - by Tolio - 12-31-2012, 03:58 AM
RE: Painful Expectations | Zikar-Sin - by Tolio - 01-01-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: Painful Expectations | Zikar-Sin - by Zikar-Sin - 01-02-2013, 10:57 PM
RE: Painful Expectations | Zikar-Sin - by Tolio - 01-06-2013, 03:30 AM
RE: Painful Expectations | Zikar-Sin - by Mauja - 01-06-2013, 02:50 PM
RE: Painful Expectations | Zikar-Sin - by Tolio - 01-11-2013, 09:19 PM
RE: Painful Expectations | Zikar-Sin - by Tolio - 01-17-2013, 08:39 PM
RE: Painful Expectations | Zikar-Sin - by Tolio - 01-30-2013, 11:57 PM
RE: Painful Expectations | Zikar-Sin - by Tolio - 02-07-2013, 11:14 PM