the Rift

Eye of the Tiger [Phaedra]

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

Lakota

It seems Lakota has not lost her touch, for her barking at Apollo got him moving after a moment of hesitation. It was a relief to have him doing something, and she didn't have to risk him getting stuck in her poisonous fog. It relaxed a little tension from her shoulders when it spread out on its own, now that he was out of the way. Limbs were aching, shaking dangerously. But soon Walter was grabbing for the wolves, holding them up far into the sky. Lupus had guided them well, and Lakota was grudgingly grateful for his help. He understood wolves, she did not. Heart pounded against ribcage violently, vision swimming a little. Somehow able to make out the white form of Lupus, and hoping he did not die. If only because he had helped save her idiotic siblings, and didn't deserve it. Luckily Walter seemed to realize this and set him down, even patting him. Magic dispersed the moment the wolves were snatched up, too tired to keep it up for a moment longer. Limbs shook harder, reminding her that she was not able to summon magic in such quick succession. Gaze moved to Apollo quickly, for no matter how exhausted she was her family came first. Directly after Walter spoke to them again, and dread settled in Lakota's gut. Anger covered the fear she felt. How dare Phaedra fall unconscious?! Dammit of course she had to be difficult! But inside she could only think of how young Phaedra was, how similar she was to Hana, and she was already running before Apollo called for her.

Water splashed up around obsidian pillars as Lakota charged into the water, kneeling and getting under Phaedra's wing to press her body against the golden one of her fellow sister of the Grey. Eyes shot to Apollo, and exhaustion was visible on her face. But Lakota wouldn't show that weakness by itself, and cold command was on her face as well. "Get on her other side. If we press towards each other and up, we can carry her if she is pressed between us. The wolf cannot help us in this task." It was true, for Lupus did not have the height or strength of the horses in his company. Waiting until Apollo obeyed before beginning to press towards him and up simultaneously, walking unsteadily towards the beach. Lungs gasped and rattled with every breath, but Lakota ignored it stubbornly as she hollered to Lupus. "Get out of there! I don't want him coming back for seconds!" The words were rough, but if you payed attention you could tell that she didn't want Lupus to be killed, not after he had helped save her brethren. Vision swam and she stumbled briefly, legs shaking under not only her weight but Phaedra's as well. Gritting her teeth and clenching her eyes tightly shut as she staggered on, needing to get Phaedra to shore. She would not give up now, Phaedra did not have her permission to die or be harmed. If she so much as had a scratch on her, Lakota would knock her silly for putting herself in harms way. Huffy thoughts kept her from feeling the fear that coiled in her chest. What if she had been too late? She had come so quickly, had done so very much, had pressed herself beyond limits she should not, all for the bright light Phaedra was. Lakota could not, would not, see such a beautiful young life be extinguished over a stupid pack of wolves and a sea monster. She was far too young. But what if Lakota had not done enough? It killed her to think it so she covered it up with anger, gritting her teeth and grumbling to herself. When Phaedra was better, Lakota was going to beat her about the head for making her worry, though she wouldn't call it that when she was knocking her about of course.

[[Summary: Releases her magic and tries to steady herself, completely drained and on the verge of collapse from stressing herself. Before Apollo calls she turns and runs to help him, moving beneath Phaedra's left wing (assuming she is on her right side) and pressing close on her knees. Orders Apollo to her other side and Lupus out of the water before pressing up and towards Apollo to help lift her out and to the shore]]

slime-stock @ dA  |  xxmynightmarexx @ dA  |  table- tay<3

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

Fuck.

I feel myself being lifted out of the water,squashed up to the other wolfs who had followed me lead. Water drips of my sodden coat,white clumps hanging down lifelessly. The tentacles press onto me,a sucker running up on down my coat,matting it up. Another tentacle advances,separating me from the two other wolfs,hoping that the reason he was doing that was because he realised I was not anything like those scruffy idiots. And yes,I was right. the kraken obviously thought I was better then the wolfs and so his grip loosened on me,reaching out to the shore and placing me gently on the ground. Yes,I was happy with that,until he decided to start patting my head. I growl then mumble. "Stop fucking patting me."

I then watch in relief as the tentacle dips into the water,pulling up the golden mare,a voice booming in my head. Thank you for the wolves. Here is your golden-one. The roan commands me to stay on the shore and to be honest,I wasn't planning on going back in there anyway. I gently trot to the shore as the two horses run the help the Pegasus,turning and shaking my body rid of most the water to see the roan again barking out commands.

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

[Assuming they've brought her to shore, and dropped her onto the ground]

Almost drowning, and then being saved, was an odd experience.

Phae remembered seeing the gentle halo of the sun, glistening on the waters surface - remembered how beautifully the dark began to swim at the edge of her vision, loving encircling her. As her oxygen-deprived brain fought against the build up of carbon dioxide in her lungs, the golden mare ignorantly gave in to the blackness. There was no moment of hesitation - no thoughts of Tolio, Apollo, Levi...The Grey...It didn't even occur to her to struggle or try and 'stay with it'. There was only the dark, and she was letting it win.

Darkness.

Then suddenly, she was jolted back into life - pulled from the watery depths both literally and figuratively, her Grey-family. Lights crashed into view as her brain awoke and began to perceive again. Slowly, like an engine starting in the dead of winter, things began to come into focus. The wolves. The Kraken. Falling. Drowning. Dying? Her mouth opened, exhaling sea water as she gasped for breath. Dizzily, her eyes opened, visions of Lakota and Apollo spinning before her eyes. Drowning was so much more peaceful. Her body ached - apparently her muscles had tried to fight while her mind had accepted death; everything hurt. "Ughhmerrrrrrrr" She mumbled, her throat raw from swallowing so much salty water. Raising her head slightly, Apollo and Lakota began to stay where they were, in her line of sight. Briefly, she saw Lupus as well, and although she was not familiar with him, she assumed that he must be 'alright', if Apollo and Lakota were allowing him to stay.

"What the fuck" She said finally.

[OOC: Wakes up. :P We can end whenever ya'll want now.]

HP: 45.5