the Rift

Eye of the Tiger [Phaedra]

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

NPC; Wolves
& stuff

Back off

Ivan, moving swiftly and easily across the sand, positioned himself about 10 feet in front of Lupus. Lupus was similar in size to the other 5 wolves, but Ivan was much larger. He returned the wolfs' snarl with one of his own, though looked amused at the same time. "Are you going me orders, lad?" Ivan asked in his booming mind-speech. This time, he allowed his voice to project to Phae, Apollo, and Cormac, as well as Lupus. Pretending to look behind Lupus, as if someone else would be there, he returned his deadly stare to the lone wolf. You and what army, cast away" He emphasized cast away as if the words themselves were dirty and repulsive. "Yes. I know you." He mind-spoke icily, "You are nothing. Worth nothing. Your mother was right to leave you behind." Growling, the two wolves closest to Ivan moved to his side, growling and snapping at Lupus. Ivan's eyes narrowed with haughty amusement, as if daring the horse-lover to try and attack them.

Meanwhile, out at sea, the Kraken was advancing. His name is Walter, should that interest you, but he had been advised that "Walter" was not a particularly nautical, nor firghtening name, so he typically went about his business without bothering with introductions. His business now was the horses. Boats and humans were fun and all, but horses were better. More bits to play with. Stretching out his tentacles he reached towards Phae and Apollo. In his child-like mind, he imagined making them dance between the waves, and acting out little scenes he imagined in his mind. As he noticed that yet another equine had arrived, and a male, he became very interested indeed. The scenerio's he could act out with three horses, seemed much more intertaining than two. From the depths, another tentacle emerged, this one moving towards Cormac. Wait. Gills? He had gills? No fair.... Maybe he could drown him in the air then...?

[OOC: Summary: Ivan and 2 wolves the same size as Lupus, are all standing facing him, growling. He will have to go alllll the way into the water, or somehow fight all three to get past.

The Kraken, Walter, is reaching for Phae, Apollo, and Cormac, though his tentacles haven't reached them quite yet.]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud

Thread Rules

Yes. Rules.

- Please do not join this thread if you aren't able to post at least once a day
- Keep your posts short. Do not go below 250 words, though. If you are flooded with muse, please post a summary. I don't want this thread to get bogged down because players feel the need to write out an epic post. I want things to keep moooooooving. We can all do a big descriptive how we feel about life post, at the end :P
- We will be strictly abiding by the 48 hour rule, although I hope we don't need to. If you can't post, post here indicating that you can be skipped, and briefly what your character will do.
- Be slightly realistic. I don't want anyone coming in here and just kicking everyone's ass and ending the fun early. :3
- And lastly....SAVE PHAE AND APOLLO!!!

Current Posting Order

Lupus
Cormac
Phae
NPC
Apollo
Lakota

HP: 45.5

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

"It gives me strength to have somebody to fight for;

This terror was all encompassing. Behind them was a creature, a monster, unlike anything he and Phaedra had ever seen. It meant instant death, and everything inside of the overo Unicorn screamed at him to run, to escape, to push his body past its limits to make it out alive. Despite his fear, however, he’d never leave Phaedra behind. Her well-being was always at the forefront of his mind, so when yet another creature emerged from the depths of the cursed ocean, an equine with gills, Apollo’s fear-rattled mind caused him to point his horn towards the strange equine. He refrained, however, from attempting an attack.

The odd stallion’s words caught up to him a second later. ’What are you doing out here, you pair of mangy land-lubbers!’ Apollo’s fear, surprisingly, faltered. What the heck was a land-lubber? ‘Get out! There’s a fucking monster down here, are you idiots?’ At this point in time, Apollo would agree with that. Still, the water-equine’s words caused an anger to blossom in his fear and the Unicorn released a furious whinny.

“We know!” He cried out, his tone unwillingly angry, yet tinged with the undeniable terror he felt, “We’re trying!” Yet they weren’t blessed with the natural fluidity that this creature seemed to possess. Instead, their limbs dragged through the water, the current of the waves causing them to stumble over their numbed legs, clearly not nimble like Cormac had become.

Looking back to Phaedra, he watched her bring her majestic wings into the air and beat them in an attempt to push her forward, closer to shore. “C’mon, Phae!” He called encouragingly, idly noting that with each step they took, their steps became easier to take, rising higher and higher out of the water. Still, that didn’t take away the thread of the wolves on the beach when they made it to dry land… Lowering his head, Apollo prepared himself to fight or die. Behind them, the tentacles still came, seeming to move quicker than they could run. Would they make it through this alive?

[OOC: Not as long… XD Not at all.]

I can never fight for myself, but, for others, I can kill."

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

Lakota

How exactly had she ended up here? 

Lakota rarely left the shadows of her band's home, lurking with violet orbs glowing from darkness to remind trespassers that they were not safe. Why she sought the bright, open expanse of sea she was clueless to. Phaedra's and Apollo's scents had intrigued her. She may not be a fan of the petty thing called love but she was not blind either. There was something boiling between them and she wanted to thrust her nose in it. She loved blackmail and allies alike, though the former was much more fun and infinitely more useful. She had expected a loving embrace on the beach, not this fiasco she had suddenly gotten herself into. 

Actually correction, they were embracing. In the path of a fucking kraken. 

What was with kids these days?

A sole wolf stood valiantly before three others and sharp eyes caught movement of a mutilated equine below the surface of the sea. Red hot fury flowed through her veins as she realized what had happened. Lakota may not be a fan of the little kiddies and Phaedra's seductive if successful ways, but nobody touched a member of her awkward and socially inept family without paying for it. Magic hummed inside her as if eager to be released, long pillars shooting her forward into a sprint. Royal purple irises narrowed and teeth bared, lips rolled back and ears pinned flat. Plum snapping furiously. A scream echoed from her throat fueled by anger and the desire to kill. That was, after all, what Lakota did best. Instinct told her she couldn't fight the kraken with her magic. It would be useless on the water monster. The wolves however she could do something about. "Move!" she bellowed at the sole wolf. Coming to his side in a spray of sand and rearing hooves. She needed toget the other three back and she snapped and bit at them furiously, stamping her hooves and lashing out at them. Already she pulled on the energy within, mist rolling off the ocean and around her. A cloud that covered those she aimed for, neck straining a bit to make sure Phaedra and Apollo weren't caught in it. Praying to the Gods that Lupus had understood, felt the crackle of magic or something because she didn't want him caught up in it. The fog rolled in fast, faster than any of her practices because this was no time for patience. It took a toll on her to cover such an area. If the three that were nearest to her had not gotten far enough into it at least it covered the rest of the pack. Poison would seep into their lungs with a single breath. Even a tiny gasp of surprise. They would have nearly no time to escape, and they would wither away into spasms of agony until their lungs shriveled away. 

Sweat beaded her neck but enraged visage never faltered. Leaving herself a good leeway between her magic and where she stood. She was not immune to it. At least three wolves were better than six, and she hoped the bastards rotted slowly from the inside out through her fast acting poisonous cloud. 

Nobody touched her kiddies. 

And damn when did she become a baby sitter?!

[[Summary; comes running up to Lupus' side, kicking and biting at the three wolves while drawing on her magic during her approach. Cloud of poison surrounds the rest of the pack while she hopes to drive the other three into it]]

slime-stock @ dA  |  xxmynightmarexx @ dA  |  table- tay<3

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

Beyond the snarling wolfs a Equine seems to grow out from the sea bed,I don't take note of what it looks like though,while the tentacles advance on its prey. My sharp hearing catches the last notes of shouting,i'm guessing it was the 'water' horse that had done the shouting,telling them to get away or something. The tawny mare seems to be panicking,lifting her wings,trying to get away.

My attention snaps back at the bigger wolfs,and two of his minions. I grin,a sickly evil grin. Why would such a powerful wolf,need assistance? As he speaks the anger inside me builds like lego bricks,step by step,slowly,each brick the same feeling. Anger. My fur stands up higher and I unleash my claws. The nice approach didn't seem to be a option. A hint of cockiness then washes over me,like the sea was washing over the shore. I straighten my position so i'm not ready to pounce anymore,and I laugh,the thudding of hoofs behind me as background music,getting closer and closer."I consider myself a one wolf pack. Oh and at least I can hunt my own food,rather then getting something else to do the dirty work for me." As if it was rehearsed the booming voice of the horse behind me shouts Move! I neatly step to the side as I watch the bluey mare thrash around with her legs. A misty fog grows and I guess it is magic. If only I had my magic right now. The vision of three zombie wolfs enter my mind,my grin growing ever more sickly.

As the foggy stuff spreads I take a step back. "I wish I could help." I turn, shooting of,dodging the fog and wolfs,round to the sea where I plunge my self in and call out to the three at sea. "Get the hell out of there!" I watch as the tentacles start creeping towards the three as I drag my body out towards them,my coat dragging me slower but also helping me keep direction. My powerful legs kicking the water till I could almost bite the Pegasus.

I hate the sea. I've decide that.

I shove myself next to the Pegasus's side,under her wing so that if it fails to lift and flops back down it will at least be slightly lifted. I turn my head back,snarling at the tentacles that are still approaching. I hope that foggy stuff kills them wolfs,as I turn back to look at the shore,thrashing my legs about to keep moving,hoping the Pegasus will to.

[As the gas starts to surround the wolfs he says his last words to them then runs round them to get into the water. In the water he positions himself under one of Phe's wings.]

[Sorry I couldn't replay yersterday:p]

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Cormac Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

C O R M A C

The little monster in the deep is big, extending on ugly, slimy, festering tentacle towards the stallion, and he squeals, aiming to take a chunk out of it with pale teeth. He glances again towards the mare, resisting the urge to roll his eyes in frustration- was she struggling to remove herself from the situation? Did she, perhaps, not realize this beast was ready to pull her apart? Even an idiot could see that!

Cormac watches the stallion start to make his way towards shore, and this time, he nips Phaedra, the mare, on her rump. She needs to get out, now, before she really does get killed. If they were just gone, he could escape, like the many fish had. But instead, this mare insisted on remaining shellshocked on her little date with the black and white stallion.

Cormac hardly notices the wolf, but it is the strong scent of wet dog that alerts him. He spins around with a solid swish of his thick tail, and narrows gold eyes at the pale, soggy cur. Yet the wolf appears to be doing nothing but help support her, so... again Cormac snarls, squeals sharply-

"Love, get you and your boyfriend out of here! And your pet," He adds on an afterthought. Then in a flick of his tail, the stallion dives under the water, leaving a few glistening droplets. But he is not about to abandon them, the silly mare and the stallion- no, he begins swimming strongly towards the behemoth under the ocean. Closer and closer he comes, dodging tentacles determinedly...

My fair lady,

I will pursue your affections whether you like it or not.

image credits

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

Apollo's words snapped the sooty mare out of her momentary stupor. Glancing left, she could see the tentacles of the creature advancing towards them. Her breath caught in her chest as she began to fully comprehend how large the creature under the surface of the water must be, to possess such enormous limbs. Turning back to shore she began to move forward again, just in time to spot Lupus moving swiftly towards the trio in the water. She tried to back peddle, but given the wake that she and Apollo were causing, the pushback from the waves made retreating very difficult. As the wolf moved to her side positioning himself under her wing, she once again, was immobilized by shock. What is happening she thought starkly, her mind no longer being able to comprehend the situation.

It was Cormac's nip to her rump that snapped her out of her daze this time around, and, unable to help it she twisted her neck around to shoot him a flirtatiously faux look of anger. "That the best you got, sailor?" she managed to say, before he disappeared beneath the waves. Frowning, she was slightly disappointed that Cormac had quite smartly decided to vacate the area. The intrigue she felt towards him seemed to pierce through the panic that the situation was forcing on her. Drat she mildly thought, once again pushing after Apollo in the waves, gradually moving closer and closer towards shore.

Narrowing her eyes, she spied Lakota in the company of 3 of the wolves, one being Ivan. Furrowing her brow, she considered calling out to the mare, but refrained from doing so. Why is she here? Phae wondered. Lakota didn't seem the touchy-feely type, or the long-walks-on-the-beach type, either. Still, she was a member of The Grey as well, and, likely bound to help her fellow members if she could. And by the looks of the cloud of poison spreading around her, she certainly could.

User-based Random Event

NPC; Walter, Ivan
& friends

Ivan

As Ivan watched the equine mare approach, he barked a short command, and the three wolves still waiting at the shoreline, rose and looked his way. He snarled at Lakota, not feeling any fear, and, oddly for a creature capable of mind-speech, he didn't feel her magic begin to stir, either. This wasn't going according to plan. Ivan and his wolves had a long standing agreement with Walter; they would let him know when they saw boats and other crafts entering the water, and in turn, Walter would aid them in capturing any equines stupid enough to trap themselves in the water. Never before had such a…rescue party arrived. Still, a castaway wolf and a horse? 6 wolves could easily handle them.

Advancing, Ivan growled, an amused smirk on his dashing features. "Come to join the fun have you?" Ivan inquired in the mare's mind, his voice ever polite, if not still edgy. It was only after these smug words left his mind, and entered hers, that he noticed the foggy hazy. With alarm, he snapped his neck up, narrowing his eyes, but by then, as Lakota would have known, it was already too late. Ivan felt a burning sensation around his eyes, and nose as Lakota's poison infiltrated his system. "NO" He projected powerfully as his lungs began to spasm, violently seeking pure air. The two around him, being much smaller had succumbed quickly, and were already writing around on the sand in agony. Forcing him to stand, Ivan glared at the mare as the poison finally took hold of him in his entirety. His legs gave out, and with a final growl, he slumped motionless to the sands.

The remaining three wolves retreated a few paces as the cloud billowed around them, barking and snapping. Could she do it again? They wondered. Without their leader Ivan, they merely stood growling, unsure of what to do next.

Walter

The wolves had promised him things to play with. Walter had an entire menagerie under the waves that he had collected over the years. Although he didn't like to tell anyone, what he really liked to do with his time, was put on little plays and and musicals for the fish who lived in the deepest cracks of the sea. Lately, he'd been wondering why he even had this arrangement with Ivan…Every time they discussed it, Ivan was quick to produce reasons which seemed very thought out and agreeable at the time, but later, in his quiet moments, Walter felt like he was getting the short end of the stick. NO Walter heard Ivan's voice cry out. Frowning deep under the waves, Walter probed for the wolfs' mind, and found that it was no longer there. Rage welled up inside the Kraken, but it dissipated quickly. If Ivan was gone…well the horses and the wolves could be his!

Greedily, his tentacles moved faster and faster. Walter watched with an eye as big as Cormac, as the water-horse swam towards him. The tentacles which were still underwater thrashed and moved towards Cormac, but he was too small and agile. Walter let out a cry of frustration and tried to grab the pretty black and white unicorn, but missed. He already had a pegasus in his collection, but, he wasn't choosy. Besides, Phaedra was moving slower anyways. From his vantage point under the water, he shot out another tentacle towards Phae, gently wrapping it around her lithe body, and bumping the wolf, Lupus, out of the way. He held her around her girth, immobilizing her wings, and held her about 25 feet above the water. Ignoring her screams, he reached once again for Apollo, but the overo had already moved into water which was too shallow for his tentacles.

The Wolves

The remaining three watched fearfully as the Kraken grabbed the sooty palomino up and out of the water. "Oy mate! That ones' ours!" One of them barked out loud, clearly not capable of the same mind speech as Ivan was.

I don't have any wolves in my collection… Walter thought from beneath the waves. Still holding Phae out of the water, he advanced closer, though only his tentacles were visible. The two which had been moving towards Apollo and Lupus, now diverted towards the wolves on the beach…"Help me get the wolves." Walter's voice boomed in their minds.

[Summary: Lakota kills Ivan and the two wolves at his side. Walter grabs Phae out of the water, and demands that the horses help him get the remaining three wolves.]

Everything was happening far too fast.

Things were going on that the stallion found he wasn’t aware of. The water-horse had left them to hopefully try and attack the sea monster that was attacking them, and three wolves on the beach had fallen to the sudden arrival of the mare upon the beach. Magic is what she had used, Apollo’s fear-rattled mind informed him seconds later, but it didn’t matter. Any help right now would be appreciated. Even as he watched the lone wolf, whose scent didn’t match the other lupines, run into the water and offer support to Phae, he couldn’t find it in himself to be skeptical of the other wolf.

It was then that every dream, every nightmare that Apollo could possibly have from the situation came true; one of slimy, nimble tentacles seemed to delicately wrap around Phaedra’s middle, and Apollo whirled on his haunches, honey-brown eyes widening in pure terror. “Phaedra, no!” He bellowed, hefting his weight to rear into the air, standing now in the shallow waters of the shore. Let her go! The sea monster’s tentacle had lifted the Pegasus far too high into the air, pulling her wings taut to her body to prevent her from escaping, and in no way was there a chance Apollo could help like this.

The stallion was in mid-rear when the voice of the monster echoed through his skull, demanding that they help slay the remaining wolves. Would, perhaps, he let Phaedra go if they did help kill the three wolves? Now, with another equine on their side, as well as the estranged wolf, their chances looked a lot better…

The overo’s front legs landed with a mighty splash in the waves, and he turned once more, facing the beach and the three remaining wolves upon it. Tossing his head, the stallion’s blue-tinted horn glistened in the sunlight, and a furious whinny escaped the confines of his gullet. Terror still reigned supreme, and the desperation to save Phaedra caused him to act, to push himself forward with powerful hind-quarters and charge the nearest wolf. Head lowered and horn poised, Apollo’s normally kind and soft eyes were narrowed, his gaze cold and ruthless as he made his charge.

The stallion took aim at the unlucky wolf, coming upon it in three great strides and snapped his head down in a wide arc, intending to gouge his horn into the wolf’s neck, or shoulders if he missed. These lupines would regret their decision; Apollo would make sure of it.

[OOC: Bad post is bad… XD Summary:: Apollo watches as Phae is lifted into the air, then upon hearing Walter, turns his attention to the three wolves on the beach. Presumably with Lupus at his side, he charges the first wolf he reaches, intending to stab into the wolf's neck.]

Lakota

Sweat was beading on her coat now, and Lakota grunted quietly to herself. The words of the wolf, having greeted her, only made her even more eager to kill him. She had no qualms with killing. Luckily Lupus seemed to value his life more than his pride and obeyed the order she'd practically roared at him. It seemed that the lead wolf had not anticipated her magic, or had never encountered an airborne one before. Lakota's smile was slightly weary, but malicious when she saw the horror in his eyes. Saw them drop, writhing and fizzling out like tiny candles. Only once it drifted away naturally did she allow herself a few moments of rest, and actually take stock of what had been going on around her. Spotting Lupus beside Phaedra instantly.

And then, in a flash, she is captured by the sea monster. Lakota cursed, rather loudly at that. Legs shook minutely, but she knew that she couldn't let Phaedra be taken by the slimy bastard. Whether she liked it or not, the pretty temptress was a part of her fucked up family. And whether she knew that family well or not, she would defend them. The command rang out clear in her mind and she nearly screamed in frustration. Knowing she didn't have much time, she hoped that giving him the wolves would fancy him enough to drop Phaedra. Hopefully she could fly out from it if he dropped her, but Lakota was clueless on that matter.

Apollo came charging out then, towards one of the wolves. Lakota cursed him, for now he was in the way. She stepped in quickly so that he and the wolf were behind her, effectively cutting the other two off. Exhaustion from summoning such a large fog had taken its toll, but she grit her teeth. Violet eyes flashing as she barked out to Apollo. "Drive him to the water! I'll get these two!" Malicious grin spread again, hoping to instill fear. She could practically taste the poison as it worked its way up from her magic. She only had enough for one more go, as this wasn't battle. Luckily there were only two she had to deal with. This time she summoned it with a faster speed, condensed it to a much smaller area. They were so close to her, and she couldn't take to chance to get caught up in it. It formed in an arc around her and the wolves. Creating a straight line to the sea monster. There was no escape, if they tried to they'd die. She pressed it in slowly closer to them, panting heavily. "Move or die, fuckers! Bet you don't want to turn out like your boss!" Playing it off like stepping into the poisonous cloud wouldn't affect her. Moving the fog with a scrap of strength until it brushed their asses, threatening them to move forward. Extending the mist out on the side Apollo wasn't on. They weren't going to hold their breaths and make a dash, she wouldn't let that fly. Alive or not, they were going to equal out their lives for Phaedra's.

[[Summary: Releases fog quickly to conserve energy after killing the wolves. Sees Apollo charging. Steps forward so that he and the wolf are behind her. Pulls forth a small half ring of sorts, in a Moses like move so that the Wolves only have one place to go, directly towards Walter. Shaped like two bars, curved around the top. She's inside it with them, presses the fog towards their rear ends to drive them like cattle towards the monster. If they try and escape they'll face the poison, which she has extended outwards on the opposite side Apollo is on so that they can't hold their breaths through it for long length wise]]

slime-stock @ dA | xxmynightmarexx @ dA | table- tay<3

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

The weight of the wing is cruel. The feathers are dripping with water as I try to keep it up the best I can. Love, get you and your boyfriend out of here! And your pet. I turn my head back snarling. "Call me a pet again and I swear to god that I shell kill you." My voice holds no tune nor tone to it. It is plain,flat,but dangerously flat. Anyone who thinks i'm a pet deserves to take the full force of my jaw though there neck. And I swear I will do it. Turning my head back the water ripples tell me he has gone under the water and I hope he is going to attack the beast from bellow.

Kicking my legs behind me to push the mare on I am shoved to the side as the tentacle reaches down for the mare besides me,I lunge a bit but it is no good. It has already wrapped it's self around the body of her and lifted the screaming mare out the water. I look round and realize i'm on my own and that the horned stallion is shouting out at shore. Some how I mange to paddle backwards and look towards what's happening on shore. The blue mare has her wrath wrapped round the wolfs and a idea an idea springs to my head.

What if we use the remaining wolfs as bait?

I swivel myself around to look at there shore,keeping a weary eye behind me. "Keep at least one fucking wolf alive so we can use it at bait for the mare! Force it in here." I then realize i'm a wolf. "And not me!" I turn back to look at the slimy limb of the beast grasping the mare,her screams almost deafening. I kick my legs to keep floating,snarling and snapping my teeth.

I can't see that I can do anything now. Not until there is bail.

[As Walter takes Phea he trys to bite the tentacle though it won't affect him grabbing her and taking her. He shouts commands to Lakota and Cormac (Use the wolfs as bait to the beast) and then simply waits,snarling and snapping his teeth. ]

"blah blah blah."

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>

[Skipping, Elope as per the 48hr rule. Feel free to jump back in when you can, peach!]

Slimy. High. Heights . Fuck.

Phae's mind, so startled and frightened, could only issue the most basic of adjectives to describe her current situation. She was, after all, being flung around like a rag doll by a giant sea monster. She tried in vain to wriggle against Walter's tentacles, but to no avail. His suction-cupped grip held her easily - his tentacle wrapping firmly, though not painfully, around her body. Thrashing her legs against his rubbery skin appeared to do nor good. What was she going to do now? Call for help? As if that wasn't obviously what she was in need of.

Far down, when Walter wasn't shaking her about, she spied Apollo, Lupus and Lakota trying to take on the wolves. Help me get the wolves She heard him demand, his voice resonating deep within her mind. "Why?" She asked aloud, unsure of whether or not he could even hear her, being so far under the water. When all of this had begun, it certainly seemed as though the wolves and this monster were working together. Hadn't Ivan indicated that their 'choice' about whether to come to shore or not, would be made for them? And hadn't Walter appeared right after? It could be coincidence, but the sooty mare didn't think so.

She saw Apollo rearing in the surf, and her heart softened. She had imagined dying in the frigid cold, leaning close to him - not being held captive by a monster while he battled wolves below. She had accepted her fate then, but now, her mind valiantly struggled, trying to find a way to stay alive.

User-based Random Event

NPC; Walter, Ivan
& friends

The Wolves

"What's he mean, 'bring me the wolves'?" one of the wolves asked the other 2. Frightened, they turned towards the water. "OY! 'ey Mate! We had a deal, rememba?" The wolves bristled as Lakota advanced upon them, fearing she would do to them, what she had just done to Ivan and the others. The wolf that Ivan had called a cast away had once again joined the mare, and now a unicorn too. Move or die, fuckers! The mare called. The wolves backed up into the water, barking and growling at Lakota as they did so. "Walter!!!!" They yipped, "We swears. We'll get you more boats! Anything you want! Just....HEEELLPPP" They retreated farther, trying not to breath the poisonous air that Lakota was billowing their way.

Walter

Walter listened dispassionately as the wolves ordered him to help, but was too focused on Phae writhing in his grasp to really pay attention. He liked how soft her wings were, and how light her body was. Gently, he made flying motions with her through the air, making "Vrrrooooom" noises from below the waves. A mass of bubbles erupted all around him as he laughed to himself under water. As the wolves entered the water, his attention sharply focused on them, and he ceased flailing Phaedra around. Wolves... he thought greedily. I don't have any wolves... He dropped Phae from about 12 feet in the air. Luckily, the bubbles caused from his laughter had broken the surface of the water enough that she shouldn't be seriously injured. Not that he was paying attention.

Walter's tentacles rapidly curled and uncurled, pantomiming the motion of "grabby hands". They wolves needed to be pushed just a little farther in, so that he could scoop them up.

The feel of his heart pounding and the rush of blood flooding his veins were practically the only thing that Apollo was aware of. He knew that Phaedra was currently being held in the deathly grip of the sea-monster, and offering the wolves as a sacrifice was probably going to be the only way they could save her. Wheeling upon his haunches, front hooves raised, the stallion let out another bellowing whinny. He understood what the others were trying to do. If they pushed the wolves closer towards the stretching tentacles of the Kraken, then perhaps Phaedra would be set free… Hopefully the Pegasus would be alright, and that the strength of the coiled embrace wouldn’t harm her.

Suddenly, out of the corner of his narrowed eyes, the overo witness the tentacle that held Phaedra in the air begin to loosen, and eventually drop the mare into the waiting ocean below. “Phaedra!” He exclaimed, but didn’t dare try and run to her. He didn’t know just what the monster was thinking, but if they could just get the wolves in a little bit deeper. Thrashing his head back and forth, ears pinned back flat against his skull and horn poised dangerously, Apollo grit his teeth, trying to force the three remaining wolves into the churning waves.

Had he and Phae really just been frolicking through these very waves, without a care in the world? Then, his only worry had been Phaedra finding out about his fear of water… Now, his fear was that he wouldn’t be able to save her. His honey-brown eyes searched for her amidst the upturning waves out at sea, where the Kraken had dropped her, but he couldn’t spot the mare’s tawny form. Terror blossomed in his chest.

“Keep moving!” He shouted at the wolves, his voice deepening and sounding very unlike the normal, gentle caressing tones he would use whenever he spoke. “Or I’ll gut you all myself!” For her, he’d kill them all.

Lakota

Terror and confusion was spreading through the three as they yipped and squealed to each other like idiots. They bristled dangerously as Lakota neared, but the mare wouldn’t have it. She knew that if she needed to she could kill them in seconds. It would take even more of her strength to make sure it didn’t reach her, but they were the ones at her mercy. They could snarl, object, and fight all they wanted. They were doomed either way. They barked and snarled at her but she pinned her ears back and slammed her obsidian hooves into the sand with a scream that belonged mostly to stallions. No words were needed, it being more of a primal sound that dared them to try something. They began trying to barter with the sea monster, but Lakota could hardly focus enough to care. Two consecutive uses of magic was draining her, she’d had no chance to recuperate after the first summoning. Sweat was not visible on her black coat, but she knew that she was starting to weaken. Not until they’re dead, she hissed in her mind.

The monster’s tentacles began moving, almost begging Lakota to drive the wolves closer. She caught the motion of Phaedra falling, but could not spot her from the movement of the monster and the churning of the sea waves. Apollo threatened the wolves from where he was standing outside of her magic and without turning she growled at him. ”Go find out if she’s okay! Don’t go in the water till these fuckers are in there though!” Leaving no room for objection. Apollo wasn’t helping just standing there, and Phaedra could possibly need help once she resurfaced. Either way Lakota didn’t want him in the water, but if Phaedra managed to stumble far enough to the beach Apollo would have to help her. All at once she scrapped together her remaining strength, formed a small bubble around her, and pushed the poison towards the wolves. It covered up to their back legs, and the sides pressed in even closer. There was no escape. Lakota let the back half of the bubble disappear so that she was completely removed from the inside of her cloud, leaving the wolves trapped. Hoping that the fast advancement of the poison would drive them forward so that Walter could grab them and this would all be over. Remaining only to make sure the wolves were sacrificed. Knees shaking slightly although dark jaw tensed irritably because of it. Weakness was not something she favored, but the wolves had damned themselves the moment they thought they could touch someone that was protected by the shade of her wings, stretching out over the entirety of the Grey. They deserved to fall beneath her poison and Walter’s strange…help.

slime-stock @ dA  |  xxmynightmarexx @ dA  |  table- tay<3

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

I look towards the shore to see the wolfs in panic mode. I am glad to see it to. Wolf's in packs were always to stupid to know what to do once there alpha was dead anyway. They depend on the alpha for everything,the need instructions,they need a guide. A guide. To tell them what to do. A plan,if they would listen,the could escape death,if he and the other's thought they were worthy of it. It would be worth a try. I look to the side,to see the mare tumbling down from quiet a way up in the air,with out the purple creatures tentacles wrapped round her. I turn my head back to the shore,the wolfs still cowering towards the sea. The sound of the mare dropping into the water like a large coin hits my ears. I shout out to the wolfs,before focusing on the mare."Wolfs,come here if you want us to think you hold a bit of value in your petty life!" Hopefully the wolfs are at least clever enough to know when to let others take control.

I take a gasp of air then sink myself in the water,my legs thrashing about in the water to keep me going,my eyes,stinging from the water, desperately searching for the mare,thinking. How the hell do I get into this? It wasn't me to go and help others,I couldn't give a damn for them actually. Did I give a damn about these creatures? No. Not really. So why had I come? I am left with the question when the image of six wolfs flashes in my head. They were why I had come. I wasn't jealous of them being in a pack together,oh no. I had come to see them be killed,to see them be embarrassed. They had been to. And now,I wonder,if they are clever enough to value there life's by helping.

[Shouts to the wolfs. Goes under water looking for Phea.]

"blah blah blah."

Cormac Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[skip cormac please. no muse D: in this thread]

Deceased
 Phaedra</style>

Flying! Falling……darkness.

It all happened to fast for her memory to record what had happened. For a moment, she felt weightless. Her wings had suddenly become unfurled, unhindered by Walter's grasp, yet they hung motionless at her sides as she fell. The rush of air was so familiar, that her sudden drop in altitude did not cause panic, only confusion. Why is the sky moving? Her mind wondered idly as the waves lovingly embraced her sooty form.

Phae sank about 7 feet almost instantly, as the momentum from her 12ft drop combined with her weight, propelled her down into the sea's darkness. For a moment, all she could see was the reflection of the sun on the water; so beautiful and calming. She had never looked up at the sun from this angle before - from under the waves. As her mind drifted off into unconsciousness, her last thoughts were peaceful and serene.

Walter's bubbles had indeed broken the surface of the water enough to prevent any of her bones from being broken, but the angle of her fall had caused her neck to hit first. Her brain, trying to prevent shock, had simply switched off.

[Summary: Phae falls. Is unconscious.]

User-based Random Event

NPC; Walter, Ivan
& friends

The Wolves

Lupus was quite correct, in that without Ivan, the wolves were completely lost. They were pack animals - driven by structure and leadership. Without a leader, they simply had no idea what to do. Apollo's threats, combined with Lakota's poisonous cloud creeping in all around them, caused panic and fear to flare in their minds. Why isn't Walter helping?! The thought incredulously. Come here They heard Lupus call, as he bound into the water and disappeared beneath the waves. Yes…that's a good idea…right? Closer to Walter, so that he could save them…? With unwavering clarity, the three turned and follow Lupus into the waves, barking at Walter's waving tentacles.

Walter

Walter squealed with a child-like glee as 4 wolves raced into the waves. Now that the tentacle which had been holding the pretty pegasus was freed up, he could easily grab them. Reaching forward with a fluid mobility, he picked up the three wolves who were with Ivan, as well as Lupus. Just as he was about to pull them under the water, sealing their fate, Walter paused, frowning. Four? He reached into his mind, recalling he had made an agreement with six wolves, three of which were now dead on the shore. "What trickery is this" His voice boomed in their minds. He ran a suction-cup over Lupus, much in the same way a blind person would run his hands over ones' face. Realizing that Lupus was not one of the wolves who belonged to Ivan, he frowned again. He was holding Lupus and another wolf in one tentacle, and the other two in another tentacle. Grumbling under the waves at his mistake, he pushing his tentacles together, moving the Ivan-wolf with the other two, and leaving Lupus alone in his grasp. Gently, he reached forward to shore, as far as he was able, and released Lupus into the shallow water there, patting him gently on the head as if to say, no harm done.

As he pulled the three wolves into the salty depths, drowning them, he noticed the golden light reflecting off of Phae's body as she floated underwater. Her cream mane and tail spanning around her like an ethereal glow. Gently, he reached out a tentacle and gently put it under her, pushing her body towards the surface, and closer to shore. "Thank you for the wolves. Here is your golden-one…" he mind-spoke to them, sounding apologetic and uncertain.

There was still so much going on. Despite that, Lakota’s words that she barked at him rang loudly in the stallion’s ears, and Apollo’s head snapped towards his Grey-sister with uncertainty. He wanted to help, but by the looks of it alone and with her capable magic, she was handling the situation quite nicely. With a curt nod of his head, forelock swaying gently against the crystalline gem of his horn, the overo turned on his haunches and bound straight into the water, searching madly for Phaedra.

He caught sight of the tentacles of the Kracken, waving in the air, and his honey-brown eyes watched as two of the coiling appendages moved forth, catching their white-wolf ally as well as the other three that had attempted to kill them. A flash of concern rose in his breast, but before the sea-monster could drag Lupus into the depths of the ocean and to a watery grave, the tentacles paused, then promptly set the white wolf back onto the safety of the shore. A relieved breath escaped the horned stag’s throat, as he didn’t wish any harm to come of the wolf who had helped them.

His concern, however, was short-lived and he pushed off the ground, wading further into the ocean, eyes searching to and fro for Phaedra’s missing form. “Phae!” He cried out, disregarding his previous fear of water to the new, very real, fear of losing the earthly Pegasus he had come to love. If he lost Phaedra, if she was killed and he had been helpless to stop it… Apollo didn’t know what he’d do.

Yet, almost as soon as he had waded into the deeper part of the water, so that the waves caressed his chest, he heard the Kracken’s voice boom once more in his mind.

’Thank you for the wolves. Here is your golden-one…’

Apollo’s worry-filled eyes spotted what was going on, seeing that one tentacle was delicately pushing Phaedra’s body closer to them. With a gasp, he trudged through the waves, tail matted and mane clinging in ungainly strands to his neck, uncaring of the close proximity he was putting himself at with the tentacle. “Phaedra!” He gasped in relief upon spotting her, but his alarm didn’t lessen. Coming to a stop before the unconscious mare, the black and white stallion’s nostrils flared, taking in her musky scent. She looked beautiful, even locked away in the depths of her mind, but it would be impossible to tell if she was injured or not until she was awake, and on dry land. “We… We need to get her onto shore, onto dry land… Thank you, so much.” Apollo’s words were careful, but true. The water-dweller could have easily just let Phaedra drown, but instead, he helped her to the surface. No longer was he an enemy, but an ally, perhaps one of the greatest that he could hope for having given the situation.

Turning his head towards the other two upon the beach, he called them over. “Hurry! We need to get her to shore!”

[OOC: Summary: Apollo leaves the beach and goes into the water, to where Phaedra is, and can’t move her alone, so waits for Lakota and Lupus to help.]