the Rift

Can you fix my broken heart?[Romani]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

“Kasai, sweet, don’t run off!”

The words were heard, but clearly weren’t obeyed as a little black and white bundle of fur came barreling through the thick greenery of the grove. The little tiger’s padded paws made little noise as she moved, her tail flicking back and forth and ears pinned low as she ran on. Her childish mind was locked in the game that she and her bonded had started, and although she had good intentions, Kasai was prone to getting carried away with such games.

This was a prime example; Romani had counted to ten to allow the cub time to hide, and now she was paced as a trot as she tried to keep up with the nimble tiger. While small and still somewhat clumsy, Kasai could be sly when she needed to be… Right now, the Haflinger surmised, was definitely not a good time to be doing so. There could be others in the area, others who might harm a small tiger babe without a second’s thought should they spot her, and Kasai was still far too small and young to be able to defend herself from the brute size of an equine.

“Kasai, get back here!”

The cub continued her frolic through the grove, oblivious to those around her. Ducking beneath a group of thick bushes that snagged on her striped coat, the tiger came to an abrupt stop as her eyes landed on the form of a Pegasus stallion. For a moment Kasai wondered just what it was, before her mind recalled the Pegasus that she and Romani had met in the Threshold. He seemed nice enough, and like this one that stood before her now, his wings looked positively exciting to play with. That thought, however, came after the fear of meeting a stranger, and an alarmed cry left the deep barrel of her stomach, floating through the air.

Not too far behind, Romani heard the call. Panic welled within her breast. Her bonded should never make a sound like that; a cry of fear and uncertainty… Picking up her trot, palomino pushed through the thick shrubbery that Kasai had crawled under, and her wide azure eyes softened as she spotted the said cub.

“There you are… Don’t ever run ahead of me like that again, do you understand? You could have been seriously hurt.” Moving towards the cub, Romani’s azure eyes spotted what had startled the young Kasai. A silvered Pegasus was stepping from the water of the grove, looking quite upset at something, and the urge to protect her bonded made her swivel her ears back. The warrior’s ivory mane was tousled from her mad trot through the trees, her thick tail flicking from side to side, and with a huff the mare moved forward, forelegs stepping over Kasai’s tiny frame to put her beneath the protection of her compact body.

For a moment she watched the stranger, how he moved with a dramatic sort of slowness. Was he hurt? Scenting the air, she tossed her head. No, he wasn’t. The air was devoid of the coppery smell of blood, or the musky rank of infection. Not knowing if he had spotted her or not, the mare spoke up, her tone guarded and careful. While most of the individuals Romani had met in Helovia so far were nice, that didn’t mean that there would be those in this land who held ill intentions.

“Greetings, sir… I apologize if my cub here has interrupted your peaceful retreat. If you’d like, we can take our leave.”

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
Can you fix my broken heart?[Romani] - by Levi - 01-01-2013, 09:17 AM
RE: Can you fix my broken heart?[Romani] - by Romani - 01-01-2013, 05:17 PM