the Rift

Can you fix my broken heart?[Romani]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

‘Is everything alright? I could help you if you needed any.’

The concern he displayed for her wellbeing was flattering, especially since they had literally just met one another and were still, technically, strangers. His silvered orbs eyes widened slightly in curiosity and alarm, and she watched with some curiosity of her own as he took a tentative step in her direction. It was almost as if this grullo Pegasus was respecting her space, by not overcrowding her smaller, albeit compact frame with his larger size and wingspan. It was nice to see; a gentlemanly trait, no doubt. Romani’s dark lips curled slightly into a gentle smile and she shook her head.

“Oh, I’m just fine, thank you… It’s just, lately, you see, I’ve been finding myself to my thoughts so often that I don’t spend time with others besides Kasai. She’s been taking up all of my attention; not that I am bothered with it. I’m honored to have received her. It’s just that sometimes I miss the company of my own kind.” The last thing she wanted was for anyone to think that she wasn’t grateful for the tiger cub who became her beloved companion. The said cub looked back up at her and gave forth a soft sound, a gentle ‘meow’ that was far too scratchy to belong to a tame cat. The sound caused the mare to chuckle and she once more lowered her head, pressing her blazed muzzle to the black and white cub’s fur. “Yes, I’m very grateful for you, sweet.”

Directing her attention upon the male as he began to speak, proclaiming his name – Levi - and that he was a warrior as well, the Haflinger’s interested were immediately perked. Ears swiveling upright and eyes sparking with excitement, she spoke, pleased that they had at last found a common ground. “I’m honored to meet you then, Levi, Warrior of the Dragon’s Throat. I’ll admit that I’ve never stepped foot in your herdland, but I’ve heard quite a few things about it. Perhaps, if you have the time some day, you could tell me more of the Dragon’s Throat?”

While Romani never doubted her decision in joining the ranks of protection in the Foothills, sometimes the mare found herself wondering just what the other herds were like. She hadn’t step foot in one other herd, and it was all out of respect, rather than simply not wanting to. Did she want to? Yes, of course! She’d love to meet others who lived in Helovia, who knew of places that she did not… It was all due to the blood of the adventurer that still pumped heavily in her veins, despite her promise of settling down and protecting her home.

Kasai had been completely oblivious to Levi’s kind gesture, as she couldn’t understand other equines when they spoke to her. His tone, however, wasn’t lost on her, and the soothing baritone of his voice caused her to feel more at ease in his presence. Standing out in the open wasn’t so bad anymore. As if to prove her sudden bravery to the two equine’s, little Kasai began exploring the grassy area around them, sniffing around with her twitching nose. If there was anything that the cub truly wanted to do, it was swat at Levi’s majestic wings… Of course, she wouldn’t harm him, not in the slightest.

Feeling the playful yearning flow from her cub through their internal bond, the Foothills warrior shook her head with a soft, affectionate chuckle. “She’s a strange thing sometimes, I swear… I believe she wants to play with your wings.” As she said this, Romani had to pause at the end of her sentence to laugh once more, her muscled body quaking slightly in her laughter, “It’s a common thing whenever we want to meet a Pegasus, I’m afraid… Something about wings entices her.” Shaking her head and tossing her ivory mane back, she proffered Levi another grin, azure eyes twinkling in merriment. “Perhaps you wouldn’t mind allowing her to play?” It was, perhaps, a bold question for her to ask, as she imagined that the wings of a Pegasus were its most prized possession. If Levi turned her inquiry down, the palomino wouldn’t be surprised.

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
Can you fix my broken heart?[Romani] - by Levi - 01-01-2013, 09:17 AM
RE: Can you fix my broken heart?[Romani] - by Romani - 01-04-2013, 11:06 PM