the Rift

Fear Feast :: Boggart Boss [Companion Drop] :: d'Artagnan is the winner!

Osiris Posts: 88
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3hh :: 13.
Comadre :: Plain Black Dragon :: Fire Breath Boom Boom!

image by ferran-jorda @ flickr.com</style>

At first we are bonded, Osiris and I, his golden eyes looking intently at the small white face of Nadira as he awaited her answer. Myself, I float easily above his head, purple eyes watching the more important target of the black cloud that reels about in the sky with unnatural movement. The dark, dank expanse of the weather pattern is evil, spitting rain and lightning in a fashion that suggests live. Boggart. I had heard tales of these creatures, but Osiris never cared much for the small talk of wiser strangers. I was not ready for the challenge the monster would pose, and neither was my wolf. As the set of jagged teeth and vague eyes appear on the head of the storm, I flash an image to Osiris. "Prepare yourself, Osiris. I think it is ready." The wolf snaps his eyes in the direction of the cloud, squinting as the rain begins to fall like heavy stones from the sky, exploding across my body and his face.

I screech into the wind, trying to garner the attention of the beast. I was not a fierce creature of battle, but it would be easier for me to grapple with a cloud than any present here. In order to protect my wolves on the ground, I needed to fight.

"As you wish, Lady," Osiris says, his attention momentarily brought back to the white dove. I should have been more stern in my warning. However, my own foolish attempt to keep the monster distracted from Osiris and the others has only sought to bring him toward us. I should probably have flown away before attacking the cloud, neh? My wolf is quick on his feet, as are the others. They scramble back and await for the call of my bonded, while Osiris's own deft clawed feet leap out of the way of the lightning, missing the strike that flows down, all the more surprised to see Nadira standing before him with determined azure eyes. "Idiot!" He growls at her, golden eyes narrowed into slits as the lightning appears to bounce off her horn and back toward the boggart. As she slid backward, the wolf stepped before her, placing himself between the white mare and the black eyes of the boggart, souless and cold.

His paws grapple with the terrain, launching him forward, and that is when a dark curtain falls on our bond, and I cry sadly down as I see his movement come to a screeching halt. I scream down at him, my voice falling upon deaf ears as the great wolf takes a step back, his hind end bowled slightly in fear.

---

The golden eyes of the wolf no longer see the same world as the rest, dark shadows surrounding his mind and world, leaving him without the bond of his beloved dragon or the white mare he had promised to protect. Not much of a protector when he is currently taking hesitant steps backward, seeing an image of himself conjured into the world by some horrific wizard. His words thrown at the hybrid like an ugly sword reaching to gut him. At his mention of Comadre, the great wolf belts out a scream for the dragon in his mind, feeling and hearing now response on his end, but if it could be comical, outside of this illusion, the dragon wavers in the air as though something had hit him upside the head. A moment of panic settles in the wolf's chest as he realizes that this spectre of him might be telling the truth. However, his feet stop moving, finding himself looking down at the ground and considering the past weeks he had spent with Comadre silent of his bond. The black had had no reason to stay, yet he had. While he might be a vile creature, the dragon was not. Unless he had been reft from his side with force, the small reptile would not have left.

"You're full of shit," Osiris says, his voice dark and serious, turning up burning golden eyes toward his foe who stalks closer. The only enemy he had ever really had - himself. Launching himself forward on giant paws once more, the hybrid leaps through the air with agility, long strides made to jump like the nimble wolf he shared half his lineage with. Rows of sharp teeth set in an open mouth as he leapt toward himself, snapping at the right side of the shadow's neck. He would banish this demon who tortures him so, keeps him alone in a dark world without exit.

---

From the outside, I hear the wail of Osiris that shakes my head around, calling out to him garnering no further response. Instead, my purple eyes narrow violently, and I soar easily toward the face of the boggart, slipping my tiny, arrowlike form between pelting rain and lightning strikes, belching out my first offensive gale of molten flames toward the black eyes of the boggart. Leave my wolf alone!
""

[ WC: 878. I wasn't sure since you didn't specify an 800 word max if we had to follow it. so. /:

Defense: Osiris leaps back to avoid the lightning, which proves to be unnecessary because of Nadira.

Attacks: Bites at shadow Osiris, and Comadre tries to flame the boggart's face.

Positions: Osiris hasn't moved much. ]

osiris </style>
Out of my blood, he'll breed revengement and a scourge for me.</style>

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fear Feast :: Boggart Boss [Companion Drop] - by Djinn - 01-02-2013, 01:44 PM
RE: Fear Feast :: Boggart Boss [Companion Drop] ROUND 1 - by Osiris - 01-08-2013, 12:28 PM