the Rift

Fear Feast :: Boggart Boss [Companion Drop] :: d'Artagnan is the winner!

Nadira Posts: 76
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 :: 2 years (Birdsong)
s3ilver

it has come to pass...

Fatigued finally wove its way through the unicorn mare’s skeletal frame. Her whole left side burned from the heat of the fire, now embers beneath her hooves. Her skinned pelt stung like a hive of bees as it met the oxygen filled air. A moment of suppressed chaos was not long enough for the ageless celestial mare to recover. It was all adding up quickly and wearing her down physically and mentally. Surprise and turmoil did not cross her façade as the striped cats leapt from the brushes. It should have been expected that this darkness was not just going to vanish and leave them in peace before tearing apart every last one of them. Her apt vision summarized the havoc that had been spread throughout the heart, taking in everything with ease and swiftness.

It was inevitable to NADIRA, as the tiger charged her, where his aim was directed. The yellow beady pools gave their position away. The best option she faced was to brace herself for the impact, closing off her left side, to keep the cat’s claws from ripping her hide and doing further damage. Too weak to be on the defense, she turned the right side of her body towards the feline. Aiming her ivory spear at the attacking cat, she missed piercing his chest, slicing his fur coat down his spine as his sharp teeth latched onto her windpipe.

Both predator and prey gave a shriek of pain. The unicorn stumbled over her limbs, trying to stay afoot, but landed on her right side with a delicate thud, too exhausted to fight. She watched helplessly as the tiger regained it’s composure. Blood painted his pelt. Shaking his head, eyes glued to her body lying on the ground, and huge paws advanced his torso slowly at first, and then picked up speed. This was her last chance to do any damage she could inflict on the boggart and she bided her time, counting the rhythm of his cat-like strides.

Her sides heaved up and down, inhaling and exhaling, fighting for air. It felt as if her windpipe had been dislodged and the attempt to stay alive was growing heavy on her. With the tiger’s last pounce, his last attack to finish her off, she swung her visage skyward, towards the boggart’s illusionary feline, using every muscle in her sleek nape capable of lifting her skull, and with precision dug her horn into the under belly, piercing the heart of the tiger. Blood spiraled down her milky horn, staining it. The cry of the tiger lasted only but a moment. As the strength of her neck was no longer adept in sustaining her skulls upright position, she flung the tiger, with the momentum of her falling cranium, diagonal to her. As the striped cat’s body hit the floor of Helovia’s Heart, it dissipated into thin air.

Heaving a sigh of relief, she let the heaviness of her eyelids overtake her, darkness shutting out the rest of the commotion that continued to encompass the surrounding area. She had finished of the boggart’s attack, but she still fought the sensation of death. Tremors clothed her body uncontrollably, as she remembered the feeling of her mortal body. On Earth, she had felt her body dying, all around her, she felt death, and now it resurfaced. Devouring her thoughts. Her only wish at that point was to thank Osiris and wish him well. But she didn’t even have the strength or desire to open her pools to look for him. She was tired and just wanted to rest.

With peace of mind, knowing she had defeated this last attack the boggart had flung on her, was good enough for her.

Word Count: 619

Defense: Turning her left side away from the attacking tiger.

Boggart Tiger Attack: Relatively speaking, the tiger ripped open her throat.

Attack 1: Slicing open the tiger’s back along its spine.

Attack 2: As the tiger was going to pounce on NADIRA to finish her off, she lifted her head one last time to pierce the tigers heart from his under belly.

OOC: NADIRA is laying on her right side, to tired to do anything. She is bleeding heavily from her pelt being skinned in the first round, but part of her wounds have been singed and melted together by the fire wreath in the second round. In reality, her throat is still in one piece, but the sensation and illusion of it being displaced is there.

NOTE>> THIS WILL BE MY LAST POST. I am leaving for my honeymoon, and so I cannot finish posting her. I give permission to BOOMBOOM, with her character Osiris to move NADIRA as Osiris sees fit to keep her safe and out of harm’s way, partially god-moding if need be.

I will miss you guys and look forward to when I get back in jump back in to rping with you all!

Thoughts || Normal Post || "Previous Speech" || "I am talking."

N A D I R A
the essence of timeless beauty

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fear Feast :: Boggart Boss [Companion Drop] - by Djinn - 01-02-2013, 01:44 PM
RE: Fear Feast :: Boggart Boss [Companion Drop] ROUND 2 - by Nadira - 01-16-2013, 11:55 AM