the Rift

When your head's in the clouds [Open]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Rain darkened the glowing aureate colors that spread along the larger part of his bodice, turning it into a duller shade of its former illumination. Healthy luster had been dulled but strength of build and swell of muscles belied the truth that even rain could not deteriorate. Mud and various other substances leeched onto similarly colored pillars desperately, though Kaj was unbothered by this. Though darkened by the addition of the elements, he was uncaring of his own appearance and instead found only health and ability to be of importance. As nature’s children did nothing to impair either of these factors, Kaj had very little care that they decided to dry and harden upon his legs. He leaved by the sea after all, and it would not remain for long at that. Drizzle slowed, clouds parting to reveal the first soft beams of sunlight that struggled irregularly through the clouds that repressed them. With the improvement in his vision, Kaj could clearly see the differences in the stallion that stood almost submissively before him. Blue peered out from the caked on mud, a shock of color that Kaj had never seen outside of the roan family and godly markings. Kaj kept gaze respectfully on his face, knowing that the currently unnamed brute was in a very low place and would not hold it against him; unwilling to make him feel that Kaj was dissecting him or looking down on him for having emotions. The golden stallion found it brainless, and those who believed that because they were stallions that they were ‘manly’ and had no emotions shortsighted and obtuse.

At least his words seemed to draw forward a smile, weak as it was. He wasn’t necessarily good with words, but he used them wisely and they were weighted every time they left his lips. So naturally he had meant what he’d said. Kaj was, after all, a rather horrendous liar. Crown lifted higher as if empowered by his words, and he no longer seemed so drab and miserable. Perhaps Kaj had given him this minute internal light by extending his help. It was surprising how important hospitality and understanding was to those so desperately in need of it. An amused smile crept onto golden maw at his words. Kaj had not told him that the land was called the World’s Edge, but his words were fitting despite his naivety of the situation. Panto, as he soon discovered was his name, seemed empowered by this new acquaintanceship they had made. Perhaps even the first budding of friendship. He seemed so small, though in mentality more than appearance. Kaj hoped to instill a bit of bravery in him, to wipe that desolate and depressed look from his visage. "I am Kaj. As I do offer it, I will gladly lead you to my home, the World’s Edge." Head nodding in an almost decisive manner, turning and motioning slightly with his wing for Panto to follow him. Leading the way out of the thicket of the Threshold towards a new life for the other stallion. Kaj would be with him every step of the way, because Panto was to become his brother of the Edge.

[[I can start a new thread in the Edge if you'd like, or you can.]]

Messages In This Thread
When your head's in the clouds [Open] - by Panto - 01-02-2013, 01:30 PM
RE: When your head's in the clouds [Open] - by Kaj - 01-05-2013, 10:00 PM